José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Blimey the last page consisted of : anything positive said by a journo means he is paid by the club and it cannot surely be true, anything bad about the club is to be believed and the journo has finally found some balls.

Amazing how cynical fat ashley has made us, what a state of affairs he has brought to this club.

There has been cynicism around for a few years now, the previous owners were hardly whiter than white. But I agree, we are reaching new heights these days.

Agree with this. I despised Shepherd and for a long time could see the logic Ashley was applying and felt much of his approach was 'defensible', my attitude changed after the Carroll sale, the Hughton sacking, the Golfmag posts and the blatent lies and bullshit we get spoon fed from the club.

I'd much prefer a honest line from the club - for sure it would upset a few but in the long term we'd all be better off for it.

I really really doubt he is looking to sell, if there was anyone interested i buying the club then a deal would be done. Oyjer clubs sell with way more debt and a much higher wage bill than we have. There is only one thing that is stopping any potential buyers getting the club and thats Ashley, doing business with him must be a nightmare.

All this player contract bother is down to his vision on how football clubs should be ran and its causing massive problems, its not about selling its about how to make a profit from a club.

Most football clubs themselves will never be profitable, and we certainly won't be unless we somehow fluke our way to the Champions League several times in a row somehow despite him investing near-nothing.

The only reason to own one is to leverage the brand value(Man Utd) or if you like the attention. We have no brand value to speak of and as far as I can tell Ashley doesn't like the attention at all.

If Ashley is indeed squirreling away the "Carroll money" somewhere, it will be for the purpose of paying off the clubs debt to him and making it more marketable. The only reason the club hasn't been sold yet is because no-one is daft enough to pay him what he payed + the debt + extra.

No doubt in my mind that he wants out and would in fact never buy Newcastle United if he could go back in time.

Blimey the last page consisted of : anything positive said by a journo means he is paid by the club and it cannot surely be true, anything bad about the club is to be believed and the journo has finally found some balls.

Amazing how cynical fat ashley has made us, what a state of affairs he has brought to this club.

Look how Luke Edwards' journalism has changed since he joined the Telegraph. Also consider how outspoken Caulkin, and especially Bird and McNally are compared to the majority of the regional journalists.

We have offered him the best contract that has been offered to anyone here for a long while and we cannot do any more, really.

“Obviously if someone comes in before the window closes, with a year left, it would be difficult for us.

“As a manager, of course I want him to stay. The worst thing for us would be if he went late, that’s the problem.

“We are trying to do some business because we need to cover ourselves in that area between now and the end of the window regardless of Enríque.”

How much is Enrique reportedly on?

There has been cynicism around for a few years now, the previous owners were hardly whiter than white. But I agree, we are reaching new heights these days.

It gets stupid at times. I just wish people would sometimes recognise the other side. Even the relegation we bounced back from well, and the Hughton sacking turned out not to harm us. The Carroll sale is a blow, but the money was clearly too good to turn down.

Anyway, this isn't the thread for that discussion really, but it's a shame every debate just comes down to whether you hate or sympathise with Mike Ashley. Hopefully it will die down when the season starts.

Its as though he is on just over the clubs wage cap and they are willing to allow to stay on that wage.. if that is the case then why not just say that instead of what Pards has said.

The funny thing is I have never seen Enrique quoted before he said this last night regarding his contract negotiations. Everything has come from the club and if what Jose has said is true then they have been lying about his contract negotiations in particular. No wonder he's pissed off.

Don't think anyone can judge the harm the Hughton sacking has done (or otherwise) until this season tbh.

The spirit of the squad in the first half of last season went a long way to keeping us up.

That is where Prdew will have his work cut out for him and one reason I feel we may struggle.

We have offered him the best contract that has been offered to anyone here for a long while and we cannot do any more, really.

Obviously if someone comes in before the window closes, with a year left, it would be difficult for us.

As a manager, of course I want him to stay. The worst thing for us would be if he went late, thats the problem.

We are trying to do some business because we need to cover ourselves in that area between now and the end of the window regardless of Enríque.

How much is Enrique reportedly on?

I've seen between 40k and 47k which makes you wonder what the lesser contracts have cost the club if Enrique has been offered the same as his last contract which is the best.

It gets stupid at times. I just wish people would sometimes recognise the other side. Even the relegation we bounced back from well, and the Hughton sacking turned out not to harm us. The Carroll sale is a blow, but the money was clearly too good to turn down.

Anyway, this isn't the thread for that discussion really, but it's a shame every debate just comes down to whether you hate or sympathise with Mike Ashley. Hopefully it will die down when the season starts.

2 points about the Carroll sale make me uneasy. First, they'd been touting him about so it wasn't like they didn't have time to get a replacement. They just didn't get one. Now, that can happen, no doubt about that so then we turn to the summer. I know it's not over yet but SO FAR Carroll has been replaced by Ba, i'm sure the wages are like for like, Nolan out and Cabaye in, fee more or less covers itself and same with wages so our only real outlay has been Marveaux. No fee to a club, just the wages and the signing on fee (as expected).

Ba, Cabaye and Marveaux MIGHT turn out to be good players but there is no way a club with plenty in the bank is BETTER OFF not spending money. If picking up a couple of good freebies was all it took every club would be doing it. Players have fees because a certain level of expectancy comes with them, the more they cost the more they are expected to achieve. Obvious to us all, i'm sure.

Newcastle have some areas of the squad that could do with some attention. If the club had some sporting ambition it would choose to use it's MASSIVE transfer surplus to address this. Nothing wrong with a couple of freebies with some promise but not having another striker, right winger, right back, back up CB and cover for middle is lacking sporting ambition.

Maybe Erding will be good, if he signs that will be money well spent, that's what it's for. What about the rest? Squad needs investment. Club has funds. Ergo, use it.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We still in for M'Bengue? I remember at a time his price was considered too high (£5m + ).

Don't think anyone can judge the harm the Hughton sacking has done (or otherwise) until this season tbh.

The spirit of the squad in the first half of last season went a long way to keeping us up.

That is where Prdew will have his work cut out for him and one reason I feel we may struggle.

Fair point, he's done well so far (IMO) but you're right he has only been in the job a short time.

2 points about the Carroll sale make me uneasy. First, they'd been touting him about so it wasn't like they didn't have time to get a replacement. They just didn't get one. Now, that can happen, no doubt about that so then we turn to the summer. I know it's not over yet but SO FAR Carroll has been replaced by Ba, i'm sure the wages are like for like, Nolan out and Cabaye in, fee more or less covers itself and same with wages so our only real outlay has been Marveaux. No fee to a club, just the wages and the signing on fee (as expected).

Ba, Cabaye and Marveaux MIGHT turn out to be good players but there is no way a club with plenty in the bank is BETTER OFF not spending money. If picking up a couple of good freebies was all it took every club would be doing it. Players have fees because a certain level of expectancy comes with them, the more they cost the more they are expected to achieve. Obvious to us all, i'm sure.

Newcastle have some areas of the squad that could do with some attention. If the club had some sporting ambition it would choose to use it's MASSIVE transfer surplus to address this. Nothing wrong with a couple of freebies with some promise but not having another striker, right winger, right back, back up CB and cover for middle is lacking sporting ambition.

Maybe Erding will be good, if he signs that will be money well spent, that's what it's for. What about the rest? Squad needs investment. Club has funds. Ergo, use it.

The thing is everyone knows Ennrique wants to go so other clubs are going to wait in the hope of getting a better deal for themselves.  If the buying club waits until 31st August before acting, what will happen about getting a replacement - will they say they didn't have time when they have known for 7-8 months that he wanted to leave.

It wasn't Douglas to be fair.  It was Steve Brenner from the Sun.  Douglas was just relaying the info from him.

Personally, I wouldn't believe any of the s*** he (Brenner) spouts.  He's an antagonistic, spurs supporting, cockney c***, who just happens to be the Sun's NE journo.

My mates had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting him too.  Bellend in real life as well.

Utter bollocks.

But he is a Cockney/Spurs supporter, so at least you got that right :razz:

Guest johnson293

Look how Luke Edwards' journalism has changed since he joined the Telegraph. Also consider how outspoken Caulkin, and especially Bird and McNally are compared to the majority of the regional journalists.

Edwards' latest Blog is interesting...

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/lukeedwards/100017958/jose-enrique-wants-whats-best-for-him-not-newcastle-united/

Will someone explain what the Golfmag posts were? Relitavely new to the forum. Thanks.

Suggested that Pardew's contract stipulated that, amongst his managerial responsibilities, his remit was also to 'reduce costs'. Folk have taken it to mean a variety of things depending on their agenda.

Note: Golfmag had apparently been involved in drawing up Pardew's contract and had called his appointment about 2/3 weeks before Hughton was given the boot.

Edwards' latest Blog is interesting...

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/lukeedwards/100017958/jose-enrique-wants-whats-best-for-him-not-newcastle-united/

That's spot on that mind.