Owen Setback, torn thigh muscle!

KaKa

Guest Stephen927

We're better equipped to deal with his absence this season.

I dream of the day when all of his injury problems are behind him.

Guest Phil K

We're better equipped to deal with his absence this season.

I dream of the day when all of his injury problems are behind him.

Then you're in for a VERY long dream.

When someone (like Shepherd says) plays more often for the national team (an exaggeration - but not by much) than the club who pays his bloated wages, then the problem is quite likely to be more the player than the never-ending (and in some cases - suspicious) "injuries"  >:(

It isn't his fault, but it isn't worth worrying about in the first place.  Our striking options make him a luxury.  It will be nice if and when he plays, but his absence just isn't the headache it was last season.  Martins & Viduka are top drawer international strikers, Smith & Ameobi are more than adequate cover, and who knows if we might even get some goals out of Luque this summer.

Guest Phil K

I say dump him.

I was delighted we got him, but bitter about what little he's done for us, yet rushes back for the national team.

Do we need this kind of player here ? (As if we didnt have enough of them to start with - thankfully Sam seems to be sorting this out slowly)

"In addition, it appears Oba Martins’ agents have been told to find him a new club – but Owen's injury problems could put a stop to that."

God I hope thats just Alan Oliver talking sh*t...

The one thing in that article that would give me real cause for concern if I were are a Newcastle fan was the comment  "Dyer, who is desperate to move south to be closer to his family, last night found his hopes of joining West Ham fading when Newcastle's new owner Mike Ashley bumped up the price from £5m to £7m. .........................

.............There is a feeling on Tyneside that billionaire businessman Ashley is flexing his muscles in one of the first major transfers since he took control."

If I were Allardyce I would be seriously pissed off if the owner started to dabble in areas that the manger's recommendation should be followed.  If you're not going to follow the advice given by the manager, what's the point of the manager being there?  Maybe there is a real intention to get a DoF in and have Big Sam as the Head Coach .................. assuming he would wish to stay to keep that role.

Yeah because Jol has never been told what to do!

The one thing in that article that would give me real cause for concern if I were are a Newcastle fan was the comment  "Dyer, who is desperate to move south to be closer to his family, last night found his hopes of joining West Ham fading when Newcastle's new owner Mike Ashley bumped up the price from £5m to £7m. .........................

.............There is a feeling on Tyneside that billionaire businessman Ashley is flexing his muscles in one of the first major transfers since he took control."

If I were Allardyce I would be seriously pissed off if the owner started to dabble in areas that the manger's recommendation should be followed.  If you're not going to follow the advice given by the manager, what's the point of the manager being there?  Maybe there is a real intention to get a DoF in and have Big Sam as the Head Coach .................. assuming he would wish to stay to keep that role.

Yeah because Jol has never been told what to do!

It's not Jol's job to buy and sell players or set prices.  He has an input obviously but the final word is not his nor has it ever been so.

Guest albert

In addition, it appears Oba Martins’ agents have been told to find him a new club – but Owen's injury problems could put a stop to that."

Apparently that will be "wide of the mark " an unknown source revealed to AO today

I think the best approach to take with summer transfer coverage in the papers is to ignore absolutely fucking everything.

The journos are all as bored as we are.

Many transfers Brummie mate?

:laugh:

I think the best approach to take with summer transfer coverage in the papers is to ignore absolutely fucking everything.

Parky's schadenfreude knows no bounds... :lol:

Love that word. :razz:

Love that word. :razz:

What, 'Parky'?