Bolton 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 11/08/07 - Post match thoughts from page 23

BlufPurdi

Gotta agree Vegs, a huge difference from last season, every player in our squad looked as though they had direction and were really determined. We don't run like headless chickens like we did under Roeder anymore. Every movement or play we make seems to have a purpose, and the players seem sure of what they have to do in different situations, we're turning into a very well drilled team. I liked how we controlled the first half, and then responded to conceding a goal by slowing the pace down of the game.

Fucking loved Oba's first goal. Looked like the ball was only about 4ft off the ground when he somehow squeezed in a little overhead volley.

Second half was shit imo. We never really looked like conceding (apart from the Pieman letting Anelka in to score), but we never looked like scoring either. Fairly workman-like, but no complaints at all after going in 3-0 up. Bit of luck for the goals, but it's luck we've not had for a few seasons.

Taylor, Roz, and Smith most stand-out performances for me. Martins troubled them a bit, didn't really know how to control him, Viduka didn't really do anything as a striker, but linked in others well with a few smart passes.

Overall fucking chuffed. Partly that we won, partly that it was an impressive win, and partly cos we knocked the dog-wankers off the top.  :laugh:

Guest Phil K

Great assured performance - and they're just settling in !

I had reckoned on at least half a dozen games to get going.

Added to which we have some good players to come back too (although I'm expecting yet another Owen sick note.....)

Guest toonlass

Nice to hear Sam having a sneaky dig at Roeder & Souness on his Sky Sports post-match interview. 

What'd he say?

He said he had read an exclusive article in the Ronny, by Anal Oliver, that Souness was a miserable Scottish Cunt, and that Roeder has a wonky nose. Anal believes that this result is the best opening day result of some time for the toon, and rumours that we are going to sign Sammy Lee as our new dwarf mascot are wide of the mark!

I would pick smith as the man of the match i love his aggression,but roz looked very good and very calm in all his  movements.

I was very suprised how martins played his work rate was just  as outstanding as his goals.

but the whole team played good but i feel like we need a stronger right back i am not convinced about carr,I know that big sam is going to fix that  :thup: .

Howay the toon ;D ;D

Excellent away performance, the solid midfield was the difference between the two teams. Will be interesting to see how our home performances differs from this, as despite scoring 3 we didn't actually create that much.

Nice to hear Sam having a sneaky dig at Roeder & Souness on his Sky Sports post-match interview. 

What'd he say?

What'd he say?

He was talking about changing formations and tactics after Bolton clawed one back and said "I don't think that was being done before". Nice one BS!

Guest Phil K

He was talking about changing formations and tactics after Bolton clawed one back and said "I don't think that was being done before". Nice one BS!

Damn right it wasn't being done before.

It's what happens when you replace a man who, despite being a nice guy, was effing useless as a manager and tactician with a man who knows what he's doing.

Oba's first goal was excellent, controlled on the chest and a overhead kick past the keeper. O0

It's his place to lose at the moment, Owen shouldn't be walking back into the team.

Personally, I'd have him walking back to whoever whould be stupid enough to pay his ludicrously bloated wages - for doing nothing

What'd he say?

He said he had read an exclusive article in the Ronny, by Anal Oliver, that Souness was a miserable Scottish c***, and that Roeder has a wonky nose. Anal believes that this result is the best opening day result of some time for the toon, and rumours that we are going to sign Sammy Lee as our new dwarf mascot are wide of the mark!

:lol:

Oba's first goal was excellent, controlled on the chest and a overhead kick past the keeper. O0

It's his place to lose at the moment, Owen shouldn't be walking back into the team.

If we continue to play 4-5-1, which I expect us to away from home, I'm not sure Owen can do that job out wide, he certainly can't play as the main man.

Guest Dr Jeckl

Anyone know what time sky announce what match will be on "game of the day"?

You never know it might be us. :D

You can chose what one you want to watch...

Guest LondonMag

;D Look at Barton behind and Big Sam doing KongFu

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/76059627.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935F875963FC567DB1750E36811D519D1E

Just got back from the game, and I have to say, we look good, Ron Burgundy style.  Really impressed with Rozy and Geremi, Smith was canny anarl.  Thought Stevie T looked great, and Viduka proved to be a handful for Boltons very very average defenders.  They will struggle, but we certainly won't.

fucking gerrin!

btw, Jimmy Milner on the wing....why did we ever want to sell him?