Bolton 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 11/08/07 - Post match thoughts from page 23

BlufPurdi

Guest SeattleToon

For those of us who do not have time to go back and read through the first twenty-seven pages of the thread, can you answer a few questions for me about our formation?

Where did Alan Smith play? Did he play parallel to Viduka & Martins, or as a withdrawn striker/attacking midfielder behind them?

Did we play with four defenders (i.e. with Geremi as RB and Carr at LB), or with three defenders and four midfielders (i.e. Geremi as a holding midfielder alongside Butt)?

Basically I'm trying to figure out whether we played a 3-4-3, a 3-4-1-2, a 4-3-3, or a 4-3-1-2.

Watched the match, it was decent, lots of boring spells which we were in control of, Bolton 1st half got raped off us, their goal was class but apart from that they didn't deserve to score.

They've really become utter dogs shit without SA, which is great, they don't belong here, and after todays performance they might not see many more days in the EPL.

So glad after some of their arsehole fans response since SA left their poxy club to move on to much better things.

Small club, showed up today, gulf in class was huge even with our injuries.

Fuk off Bolton you utter fuking cunts. Enjoy a season of misery.  :thup:

For those of us who do not have time to go back and read through the first twenty-seven pages of the thread, can you answer a few questions for me about our formation?

Where did Alan Smith play? Did he play parallel to Viduka & Martins, or as a withdrawn striker/attacking midfielder behind them?

Did we play with four defenders (i.e. with Geremi as RB and Carr at LB), or with three defenders and four midfielders (i.e. Geremi as a holding midfielder alongside Butt)?

Basically I'm trying to figure out whether we played a 3-4-3, a 3-4-1-2, a 4-3-3, or a 4-3-1-2.

-------------- Harper

Carr -- Taylor -- Rozenhal -- Zoggy

-----Geremi -- Butt -- Smith

Martins -------------------------Milner

-------------- Viduka

Anyone see if Oba's second shot was actually on-target or not? As in was it his?

I'd imaging it was, cant see why he wont be credited with it if thats what your on about.

Total deflection in the other direction, but it was going on target, probably about 70% sure it was.

Anyone see if Oba's second shot was actually on-target or not? As in was it his?

I'd imaging it was, cant see why he wont be credited with it if thats what your on about.

Total deflection in the other direction, but it was going on target, probably about 70% sure it was.

Aye, just wondering if they'd have a case to take it off him. Thought a replay might have been conclusive.

Aye, just wondering if they'd have a case to take it off him. Thought a replay might have been conclusive.

Dunno, i was laughing far too hard to actually focus 100% tbf.

Guest SeattleToon

Thanks Shak...

So Zoggy played LB, Smith played LM, with Martins & Milner playing as withdrawn strikers behind Viduka?

Basically a 4-3-2-1?

Watched the match, it was decent, lots of boring spells which we were in control of, Bolton 1st half got raped off us, their goal was class but apart from that they didn't deserve to score.

They've really become utter dogs shit without SA, which is great, they don't belong here, and after todays performance they might not see many more days in the EPL.

So glad after some of their arsehole fans response since SA left their poxy club to move on to much better things.

Small club, showed up today, gulf in class was huge even with our injuries.

Fuk off Bolton you utter fuking cunts. Enjoy a season of misery.  :thup:

;D

What kind of reception did Big Sam get from Bolton fans? Did we play 4-4-2?

Frosty enough, they were probably just sickened at getting thumped though.

And no, we played 4-3-3. I expect that'll become a regular thing as well.

Owen will be pleased :lol:

He won't be here much longer though, on the bright side.

He will give us far more than those types ie Dyer, Emre, and what Jeanarse did to name 3.

Still very interested to see what Emre can do under the new regime before I write him off. Undeniably he's been underwhelming so far, but I do think there's a quality player in there somewhere.

he's got talent, but he's a homer, and doesn't play killer balls or score or create enough goals. I like the way he fights for the ball, but ultimately don't really think I would put him in the team or had bought him in the first place. Take the point though, he might be better playing in a more attacking line up

He won't be here much longer though, on the bright side.

Good. We don't need him.

Guest hawayman

Just got back and it was a great day murdered them in the first half. Second half they game out fired up and got the goal but we then played deeper and just snuffed out most of their attacks, Zoggy easily beaten a couple of times but then he's not a full back.

Anyway great atmosphere brill result.