Michael Chopra

Tsunami

They're not going to disintegrate like the last couple of times they were in the Prem.

Chops will get into double figures comfortably, but I agree - he's not going to be a top Prem striker.The makems will survive with relative comfort with Keane in charge, and a good chairmen like Quinny instead of our "sabotage" spy in the camp Bob Murray !

A paradox, surely? Any prem team, even the top ones, would take a striker onto their books if he's able to get into double figures in his first full season?

I'm just saying, you know. We'll see how the lad does, anyways. Happy as heck for him. Not the fuckin' mackems, but it's two teams I despise, so at least it's entertaining.

Guest Dr Jeckl

I was chuffed for sunderland to beat spurs,cos spurs are are main rivals and sunderland are never are going to be anywhere near us so it doesn't matter.

Guest Phil K

Paradox ? Maybe.

Most likely wishful thinking - after all he's one of us.

Don't think a goal every 3 is bad certainly, but I reckon Chops to get 10,11 maybe. Hardly superstriker stuff, but as you say not bad either.

Guest Gemmill

Not sure why people are pleased for him - he's a Sunderland player now and any success he has is good for them.  I'm not one of these idiots who despises all mackems or anything like that, but I'm struggling to see why anyone would be pleased for any successes a Sunderland player has, geordie or not.  Great result for them today though, and for us tbh - the more points Spurs drop, the better for us.

I bet the poor fucker is still in the showers scrubbing himself, trying to get the stink off btw. 

Not sure why people are pleased for him - he's a Sunderland player now and any success he has is good for them.  I'm not one of these idiots who despises all mackems or anything like that, but I'm struggling to see why anyone would be pleased for any successes a Sunderland player has, geordie or not.  Great result for them today though, and for us tbh - the more points Spurs drop, the better for us.

I bet the poor fucker is still in the showers scrubbing himself, trying to get the stink off btw. 

Quality,how long do you think about your posts before you post them btw,you constantly amuse me with your witty posts.

Not sure why people are pleased for him - he's a Sunderland player now and any success he has is good for them. I'm not one of these idiots who despises all mackems or anything like that, but I'm struggling to see why anyone would be pleased for any successes a Sunderland player has, geordie or not. Great result for them today though, and for us tbh - the more points Spurs drop, the better for us.

You're right there like. I don't mind the lad being successful, he's still not good enough for us, goal or no goal, but not with that mob.

Guest Gemmill

Quality,how long do you think about your posts before you post them btw,you constantly amuse me with your witty posts.

It's all pretty much off the cuff genius, basically. :razz:

Guest Knightrider

Well from what I've heard from his own flesh and blood, if he is a success and another Prem club comes in, he'll be off like a shot as he sees this purely as a stepping stone in his career :lol:

Well from what I've heard from his own flesh and blood, if he is a success and another Prem club comes in, he'll be off like a shot as he sees this purely as a stepping stone in his career :lol:

Said as much in his interview earlier, said "I'm a footballer and it's just what's best for my job."

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44052000/gif/_44052891_chopra203ap.gif

This is a pretty sick picture though... >:(

Guest Alan_Shearer

Lets what happened was a good thing, cause we know we will finish above Sunderland, and our main euro competitor is Spurs...so its all good.

Honestly couldn't give a f*ck how good or bad he does. He'd be 5th choice striker here at best so doesn't affect us. Was pleased he scored today because, as Gemmill said, Spurs will be one of our rivals this season for where we're aiming to be, Sunderland won't be, and his goal has helped us greatly. But none of this, "I hope he does well for himself" b*llocks.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Lets what happened was a good thing, cause we know we will finish above Sunderland, and our main euro competitor is Spurs...so its all good.

Good point.

He should never have been sold.

Fucking Roeder.

Technically wasn't sold and would be lucky to be 6th choice striker now. If he never left he would never have been rated at £5m either. 

Guest toonlass

It was the celebration that did my nut in, he almost kissed the badge. Bloody traitor....I wouldn't enter the Sunderland City boundaries(apart from the derby games) never mind play for the club!!!

It was the celebration that did my nut in, he almost kissed the badge. Bloody traitor....I wouldn't enter the Sunderland City boundaries never mind play for the club!!!

I reckon £20,000 (or whatever very high wage he is on) a week would change your mind ;)

Guest toonlass

It was the celebration that did my nut in, he almost kissed the badge. Bloody traitor....I wouldn't enter the Sunderland City boundaries never mind play for the club!!!

I reckon £20,000 (or whatever very high wage he is on) a week would change your mind ;)

Not a hope, I have standards, and even for £1 million a week, I wouldn't play for Sunderland. Traitor!!!