Shaun Wright-Phillips

TêteDeMaure

Fucking hell. No, i can't be arsed. :lol:

In my opinion (and most people's), Wright-Phillips is the better player. Others will think that Lennon is the better one. It is widely accepted that they are both good players; i'd have either of them here if i'm honest. Hence, it is arguable.

Fucking hell. No, i can't be arsed. :lol:

In my opinion, Wright-Phillips is the better player. Others (most), will think that Lennon is the better one. It is widely accepted that they are both good players; i'd have either of them here if i'm honest. Hence, it is arguable.

I heard someone say SWP flatters to deceive earlier, it's infact Lennon who does that, does the same thing every time, gets the ball skips to the right and delivers a shit cross and continues to repeat it until he is substituted.

f***ing hell. No, i can't be arsed. :lol:

In my opinion (and most people's), Wright-Phillips is the better player. Others will think that Lennon is the better one. It is widely accepted that they are both good players; i'd have either of them here if i'm honest. Hence, it is arguable.

I think you'll be struggling to find many that fall into the "others" category.

Guest Stephen927

Would love SWP here in a 4-4-2 system.

If we were to persist with 4-3-3 and play SWP in the front 3, he would have to be in the place of Martins imo as I reckon we have to have at least one tallish striker in there amidst the midgets.

Guest NUFC4

If we were to persist with 4-3-3 and play SWP in the front 3, he would have to be in the place of Martins imo as I reckon we have to have at least one tallish striker in there amidst the midgets.

the only midget is in your pants

Hey Yorkie, this is a Spud telling you what Enrique was talking about :p

Guest Rob X

Looking over the chelsea forum nobody is arsed that SWP will be on his bike. Overpriced, overated and nowhere near good enough for them  seems the opinion although admittedly they have better players ahead of him in the pecking order. I hope we aren't buying another cast off from them who can't get it together any more.

Guest Sniffer

Isn't Lennon about five years younger than SWP? Let's see, 1 mill versus 22mill? I'd say you got a better deal and given that SWP may have lost his edge there could easily be an argument made that Lennon is a better long term prospect.

It really was just a very, very general comment. :lol:  I wish i'd never said anything!

If its any comfort, I knew what you meant straight from the off and it feels like Enrique was just nit-picking.

Isn't Lennon about five years younger than SWP? Let's see, 1 mill versus 22mill? I'd say you got a better deal and given that SWP may have lost his edge there could easily be an argument made that Lennon is a better long term prospect.

You've got to be kidding me, Lennon at best is a poor man's Kieron Dyer and that's saying something. Really don't rate him, he's quick and can beat the odd player but ask him to do anything else at all and you've no chance. Average at best and because of his attitude would have to be a very very low price to even consider him. I'd take SWP over him any day.

You've got to be kidding me, Lennon at best is a poor man's Kieron Dyer and that's saying something. Really don't rate him, he's quick and can beat the odd player but ask him to do anything else at all and you've no chance. Average at best and because of his attitude would have to be a very very low price to even consider him. I'd take SWP over him any day.

What about his attitude?

He's a boozy youngster who for want of a better phrase is a little too big for his boots. Unfortunately I think the hype has taken too much of an effect on him, he's very much like Dyer and Bellamy when they joined the club and we know how that ended.  :doh:

He's a boozy youngster who for want of a better phrase is a little too big for his boots. Unfortunately I think the hype has taken too much of an effect on him, he's very much like Dyer and Bellamy when they joined the club and we know how that ended.  :doh:

So he's not really any different to the players we've already got who like to have a night out in their spare time?

I'm more concerned about SWP attitude when he's been happy to sit on Chelsea's bench for the last few years picking up big wages rather than moving on for guaranteed first team football.

Kieron Dyer was a good player for us no matter what anyone says, people are judging his ability on who he was rather than the effect he had on the team anytime he played.

The thing is, everyones saying they would take SWP in a flash despite him getting minimal football for the past 3 years- being pretty satisfied with not having much football and not really showing any consistently good form which has forced the managers hand.  

Lennon has had more football in recent years (i think) is younger and will be cheaper with the potential of improvements - he's 21.

I like Lennon persoanlly- he hasnt set the place  on fire this year but he was excellent when the team was playing good football under Jol.

I definitely take a gamble on him.

Guest Stephen927

the only midget is in your pants

:lol:

Cheers mate

People who rate Lennon surely must have only seen him on MOTD or something, the amount of times he gets into decent positions and plays and idiotic ball or crosses into the crowd is unbelievable.

As for Dyer, yes he had his moments and at times looked a fantastic player, but this far outweighed by those nothing performances, few assists and poor finishing that he had for us. For a player who almost played 200 games for us, I'd say at best 30-40 matches he played anywhere near his potential. He's much like Lennon in the sense he deceives the casual viewer - watch him week in week out and you'll see his true ability and more importantly, his true consistency.

And in defence of SWP, he was playing in a top-class side and has never had a fair crack of whip. How can you play consistantly good football when you're playing one in three matches? I agree that his first instant should have been to leave this summer - but with a new manager coming in and the chance of a fresh start for everyone - wouldn't you give the shot of winning a few trophies domestically and abroad a chance before ditching it for the chance to maybe challenge for Europe? Last season maybe he thought Grant would give him a chance - he didn't and now he's gone. It leaves the first team door wide open for SWP - if I was him I'd stay and see if I could force my way in, especially as Malouda looks more likely to leave the club and Mancini (if it is indeed him) preferring attacking football. 

Guest Knightrider

When we beat City 4-3 a few years back, SWP was fantastic I thought and I remember saying at the time that's the level of performance Dyer should be putting in, but alas never did. However I'd personally steer clear of SWP today, damaged goods IMO.

Guest Heneage

He's gotten lazy and moving him to one of the biggest party capitals in Europe will really motivate him as he cashes his 60k a week.