Shaun Wright-Phillips

TêteDeMaure

SWP is a good player, but since this thread started he's been overtaken by Bentley

I think he could get back if he was starting more often.

Different types of players also. Would love someone like SWP here though (or Bentley :D).

Do people think he would fit into the new formation though?

Not really. I'll be a bit surprised if we continue to play that way though, Keegan likes his wingers, and that was just the best way of getting as much as he could from what was at his disposal imo.

Do people think he would fit into the new formation though?

Why do people seem to think that we can only play one formation? Can we not mix and match to suit opposition?

Just don't get why some people make out it's one or the other.

Guest Heneage

Chelsea are wanting £10M yes.

I am comparing Mr SWP to Damien Duff, a player now on a major dip in form, who if we signed would do little more than Duff, and for £10m i have seen nothing to justify that price tag. 5-7.5m.

I am very confident he would be a lot better a player for us than Duff has been. He hasn't lost his pace for one thing. £5m and they would probably die laughing just before he signs for West Ham.

Guest Heneage

That's not what am saying at all, stop being flippent.

Tell me a) When this lad has started 5 games in a row, and b) has played well in games to justify £10M.

Can't say I watch and memorise enough Chelsea games to tell you when any of them last started 5 games in a row. He is worth the gamble and with the way prices are these days £10m is worth the gamble.

That's not what am saying at all, stop being flippent.

Tell me a) When this lad has started 5 games in a row, and b) has played well in games to justify £10M.

Perhaps his entire Manchester City days? Plus he had a run of form this season before Mourhino went walkabouts.

I'm unsure about SWP, he's 26, and it will take him at least a full season to recapture his form of old (if he ever does) and he's not the type of player who will last far into his thirties playing at the top level. Which means we get 2 maybe 3 season out of him. I dunno, something about signing him just wouldn't sit right with me. Especially at 10m. It would just seem like another Duff/Parker type signing to me. I can genuinely see him going that way. I'd rather go for Lennon, he's still raw as hell at this moment in time but he could be devastating if shaped and used properly which is KK's forte, plus we'd get a few more years out of him than SWP. And he'd be cheaper (imo). PLUS, didn't SWP say only a couple of weeks ago he would definately be at Chelsea next season?

If SWP was at a midtable club I don't think we would have any chance of signing him. I thought he looked pretty good earlier in the season so I don't think it would take him all that long to get his form back. He would already be better than a lot of our players if he was playing the first few months at half his ability.

Chelsea are wanting £10M yes.

I am comparing Mr SWP to Damien Duff, a player now on a major dip in form, who if we signed would do little more than Duff, and for £10m i have seen nothing to justify that price tag. 5-7.5m.

jesus man, the shit you talk

at exactly the same age Robert costs us £10m. When you take risks, especially with pacey, geniunely talented players, they sometimes pay off

Guest toonlass

Put it this way,

Alan Smith = £6 million

Joey Barton = £5 million

£10 for SWP is a snip. Lets bring him in and let him play.

we should be all out for swp's if theres a chance we can get him. knows keegan, would fit 442 or 433 and would be a significant improvement on what we have. he was fantastic at the start of the year, comparisons with duff are unfair imo.

Be a potentially great transfer for the reasons listed above, I'd like to see him played in Geremi's position in the most current formation. £10m is quite a lot though for someone out of favour and not all that young any more. Not saying I'd not pay it though.