Shaun Wright-Phillips

TêteDeMaure

He's gotten lazy and moving him to one of the biggest party capitals in Europe will really motivate him as he cashes his 60k a week.

Thought we were talking about him coming to Newcastle?

Guest Heneage

You love questioning me GeJon  bluelaugh.gif

But I shal answer, look at him when he plays for Chelsea, theres no desire or commitment like at City, if he loses the ball he just sighs and jogs back, he never chases after it determined to win it back and go up the other end and score, he can't really cross, and seems content to sit on the bench and pick up medals. One of the biggest things about him at City was his ability to nigh run a game, he was so often their attacking outlet, who ran at defenders with pace and trickery, but he rarely does that anymore, he just seems very lazy player.

Aye Wullie and if you had read recent reports Newcastle was voted one of the best cities for Parties Hen Nights Stag Do's in Europe, I did not mean Capital in the geographical sense, like London or Paris

Aye Wullie and if you had read recent reports Newcastle was voted one of the best cities for Parties Hen Nights Stag Do's in Europe, I did not mean Capital in the geographical sense, like London or Paris

I don't doubt it, it usually appears in those sorts of things, but unless SWP is wanting to go down the Bigg Market, get arseholed in Rewind and start a fight outside KFC, the Toon's nightlife is really not a pulling point imo. It's fucking shit.

Not really for this thread but I thought I might as well stick my two-penneth in anyway. :razz:

I don't doubt it, it usually appears in those sorts of things, but unless SWP is wanting to go down the Bigg Market, get arseholed in Rewind and start a fight outside KFC, the Toon's nightlife is really not a pulling point imo. It's fucking shit.

Not really for this thread but I thought I might as well stick my two-penneth in anyway. :razz:

I used to love it when i was 17.

So professional footballers....well, you just don't know with them lot!

Leave him well alone. His best years are behind him IMO.

I personally think all this stuff we hear about players peaking at 28 is no longer true. The Premier League is now based almost purely on pace which means that by 28 players have already passed their peak.

SWP is 27 and is happy to waste years of his career warming the bench. Not the sort of player i want us to sign.

I personally think all this stuff we hear about players peaking at 28 is no longer true. The Premier League is now based almost purely on pace which means that by 28 players have already passed their peak.

SWP is 27 and is happy to waste years of his career warming the bench. Not the sort of player i want us to sign.

Good way of putting it.

When it comes to CL elite rejects/castoffs, we should avoid:

1) Players who's game used to be based around pace back when they were top class.

2) Players who have a track record of injury problems.

I think we'd be better off paying over the odds for some of Blackburn's/Pompey's star players, assuming we could sign them.

Good way of putting it.

When it comes to CL elite rejects/castoffs, we should avoid:

1) Players who's game used to be based around pace back when they were top class.

2) Players who have a track record of injury problems.

I think we'd be better off paying over the odds for some of Blackburn's/Pompey's star players, assuming we could sign them.

Whatever you might say about SWP, pace isn't the problem. I've not seen any evidence that he's slowed down.

But surely the idea is to buy players who will experience their best years with us?

The point isn't that he has significantly lost any pace, but that he will in the next couple of years (the time he would be playing for us) and that we'd be left with another 30+ year old player on big wages that we can't sell.

have to say up until today i've been open to the idea of signing SWP, but having just discussed my delight at the possibility of getting rid of duff, i've had a slight re-think as it reminded me we wouldnt be sure which SWP we'd be getting

• 1 month later...
Guest johnson293

Totally unfounded, potentially spurious rumour time....

Lad in our office says he just got a text from a friend.... "SWP spotted in a taxi near Benton."

Could the club make such a high profile signing under the radar??

Totally unfounded, potentially spurious rumour time....

Lad in our office says he just got a text from a friend.... "SWP spotted in a taxi near Benton."

Could the club make such a high profile signing under the radar??

In a taxi :lol:

• 1 month later...