Shaun Wright-Phillips

TêteDeMaure

Good player. Much better than Milner so a definite improvement to the team if he joins.

Do you think he's capable of fitting in anywhere in the new formation Keegan's been using or do you think Keegan will swap back to 4-4-2?

I agree he's much better than Milner too, it's good to see you back btw. O0

if we play 4-3-3 there's no chance he'll play in the midfield three, more likely he'd be a replacement for Martins as the pacy player in the foward line. i can't see him doing the work of tracking back, defending and keeping possession that comes easier to the likes of Geremi.

I think he'd be a right-winger in a 4-4-2 really, but i'm not sure where that would leave Martins or Owen.

I don't think he has the passing ability to play in Geremi's role either, I think he'd be more suited to playing just behind the front men but I'm not sure where that would leave Owen considering this formation is to accommodate him.

Playing behind the front men is all about being neat and tidy and very efficient with the ball, distributing it around to the correct option the majority of the time.

SWP would be woeful there I feel. His pace would also be less of an asset in that position.

Have to agree with Kaka, here. From what i saw at the back end of the season (which wasn't masses), Owen's position was a technical attacker; like you said, neat and tidy, give and go, late runs. Wright-Phillips isn't bad technically but that isn't his thing. He's best on the ball for long periods of time, rather than short bursts, iyam. If we were to buy him, i'd play him nowhere but on the wing.

This is a nothing post but I thought I'd stick it in here for a laugh anyway.

http://cfcuk.net/story.php?id=100925

Following Chelsea’s penultimate match of last season’s Premier league programme, the Blues team were going down the St James' Park tunnel as the Newcastle Utd side were going out on to the pitch to wish their supporters all the best for the summer break.

As Shaun passed one of the Newcastle side – a former team mate – he was asked about the rumours that were already abounding about his possible departure from Stamford Bridge.

He was also asked whether there was any truth in the newspaper stories that were, even then, linking the England midfielder with a move to The Toon.

Before he had the time to answer, the Newcastle player – who shall not be named for obvious reasons – said, “Don’t bother coming up here... it’s a sh*thole!”

With that, the two players then shook hands, wished each other ‘all the best’ and went their separate ways.

After that piece of advice, given with the best of intentions, it’s a safe bet that Shaun Wright-Phillips will not, should he consider leaving Stamford Bridge, be venturing to the grim norvern wastelands of Newcastle!

Guest Jawesome

Could be bollocks, could be meant as a joke, could even be true, but then again - give a shit?

I'm fairly sure Ian Wright said somewhere that he wishes he played for us at some stage of his career.  Surely that would have some influence on SWP.

Could be bollocks, could be meant as a joke, could even be true, but then again - give a shit?

I'm fairly sure Ian Wright said somewhere that he wishes he played for us at some stage of his career.  Surely that would have some influence on SWP.

You'd be right about that. Said it a few months back on Talkshite, the one team he didn't play for who he would have liked to.

I think SWP would provide the pace weve missed over the past couple of years from midfield

geremi, barton and butt has to be one of the slowest midfields weve fielded in past years

i think he would suit keegans style of football and would provide legs for some of the older midfielders we currently have

butt has performed well in the past year, but hes getting old, however if we got some pace, on the wings, or through the middle with the right person playing alongside him, you could keep someone like butt in the starting line up and get away with it, despite him being slow

although i think pace isnt everything, a good mix of pace, class and expierence in midfield is the key, look at the top clubs