My thoughts on a few teams

Guest Knightrider

It is really futile to make judgements like this after one game of the season.

Although, contradicting myself here,  I disagree with you about Liverpool. They looked really excellent coming forward yesterday. Their problem is that if Man United had had that 30 min spell against us that Liverpool did, they'd have scored 4 or 5 times. Liverpool didn't, and almost conspired to throw away two points in a match they fully deserved to win.

That will cost them their title aspirations if they don't tighten up on it. But, as i said, one game is about as good an indication as pre season friendlies are (ie not at all).

Although, contradicting myself here,  I disagree with you about Liverpool. They looked really excellent coming forward yesterday. Their problem is that if Man United had had that 30 min spell against us that Liverpool did, they'd have scored 4 or 5 times. Liverpool didn't, and almost conspired to throw away two points in a match they fully deserved to win.

That will cost them their title aspirations if they don't tighten up on it. But, as i said, one game is about as good an indication as pre season friendlies are (ie not at all).

Usually I'd agree with you. But we're top, so fuck off.

Darren Bent for £16.5 million is not an absolute joke. Fernando Torres, the Spanish version of Bent (a more skillful one) cost 7M more.

Everton apparently offered 12M for Yakubu, and Bent has a better record past 2 seasons.

Darren Bent's 16.5M is expensive, but not extraordinarily expensive.

Aye it is like  :lol:

Especially when there is already 3 established strikers on their books. £8-10 Million tops I reckon for Bent

And also considering the fact that the player was purchased from a relegated side. I would agree £10 million would have been a more realistic price.

Usually I'd agree with you. But we're top, so f*** off.

Guest unrealterrorist

The thing I just can't understand about Bolton yesterday is why they didn't start Diouf. What was Little Sam thinking?

According to the papers he has said he can go if he wants..Diouf i mean not little sam

Darren Bent for £16.5 million is not an absolute joke. Fernando Torres, the Spanish version of Bent (a more skillful one) cost 7M more.

Everton apparently offered 12M for Yakubu, and Bent has a better record past 2 seasons.

Darren Bent's 16.5M is expensive, but not extraordinarily expensive.

Aye it is like  :lol:

Especially when there is already 3 established strikers on their books. £8-10 Million tops I reckon for Bent

And also considering the fact that the player was purchased from a relegated side. I would agree £10 million would have been a more realistic price.

I'd say as little as £6/7m would have been plenty.

Usually I'd agree with you. But we're top, so fuck off.

;D

So, in conclusion: NUFC will do better than everyone thinks, every other rival will ultimately disappoint.

indeed, there is nothing like basing your opinions on one performance when you're top of league.

imo Spurs are rally overrated, and not because of that they lost against Sunderland. They aren't that good as the media and themselves make them out to be. They have some really good players but if our players can stay injury free for most of the season, i believe that we will end up higher than Tottenham.

That's what i believe...

Chelsea - 1st

Man U - 2nd

Liverpool - 3rd

Arsenal - 4th

Everton - 5-8th

Newcastle - 5-8th

Spurs - 5-8th

Pompey - 7-10th

Blackburn - 8-12th

West Ham - 8th-12th

Man C - 8th-12th

Reading 10-15th

Villa 12-15th

Fulham - 12-16th finish

Bolton - Lee to be sacked before Xmas (14-17th)

Wigan - 14-18th

Boro 15-18th

Sunderland - Gordon will need to keep 15 more clean sheets to keep them up. (16-18th)

Brum - Chance of staying up, if they can win home games (need another goalscorer) (16-18th)

Derby - Relegated

Spurs only just managed to scrape 5th last season. That was more down to Bolton losing Sam at the end,  and Pompey & Reading's squads being stretched. Good side, but not great.

If we weren't robbed at Stamford Bridge on the last day they'd have been 6th

Spurs only just managed to scrape 5th last season. That was more down to Bolton losing Sam at the end,  and Pompey & Reading's squads being stretched. Good side, but not great.

If we weren't robbed at Stamford Bridge on the last day they'd have been 6th

God, I never wanted another team to win so badly that day.  Fucking rubbish. 

Tottenham essentially blew all their budget on bench players this summer, which is what I don't understand.

Not one of the players they bought is ready to go straight into their first team to make a big impact, and considering how much they spent I don't think this was a smart move. Bent coming off the bench on Sunday didn't make any kind of sense to me, and it seems he will be rotated all season. I was so sure Jol was going to unleash a new formation which featured Keane, Bent and Berba but nope.

The addition of Bent might actually prove to be a hindrance if they are not careful, as it seems Jol might get tinker happy.

Some Spurs fans want Jol out after one game, seems losing to Sunderland is too much to bear. Heard one Spurs fan taking the opposite view though, claimed it was only one game and that he's still confident Spurs will finish in the top 4! Now I'm not really saying we're going to finish in the top 4 after the optimism of a good performance and the clear signs we're headed in the right direction, but there are a few teams I'd fancy to get nearer the top 4 than Spurs.

As for Middlesboro, load of crap and long may it continue.

Villa anarl. I was worried about O'Neill becoming our manager and I've seen nowt last season or in his dealings of this summer to make me change my mind. They didn't come on much last season and I don't think they'll do much this season either.

Impressed by the organisation of Reading, a good result even with the cheating 12th bastard Stiles extending the match to give manure one last chance to score.

Some Spurs fans want Jol out after one game, seems losing to Sunderland is too much to bear. Heard one Spurs fan taking the opposite view though, claimed it was only one game and that he's still confident Spurs will finish in the top 4! Now I'm not really saying we're going to finish in the top 4 after the optimism of a good performance and the clear signs we're headed in the right direction, but there are a few teams I'd fancy to get nearer the top 4 than Spurs.

Agree with that, Spurs will only finish top 4 if other teams fail rather than by their own design. I wouldn't be surprised if Jol doesn't make it till the end of the season.

Villa anarl. I was worried about O'Neill becoming our manager and I've seen nowt last season or in his dealings of this summer to make me change my mind. They didn't come on much last season and I don't think they'll do much this season either.

I was one of those that thought MON would be perfect for us, got to admit though I'm still waiting to be convinced at the work he's done at Villa. Admittedly they were truely awful when he arrived and getting them mid table was to some degree a success but I expected him to kick on with the backing he's got his signing's have been on the whole poor Petrov: has been woeful for them, Ashley Young: £9m an awful lot to pay for a kid with half a prem season under his belt not exactly showing the money has been wisely spent yet. Carew: Always like this guy thought he was well suited for the prem, still waiting to see if he can cut it though at the highest level. Harewood: 1 season wonder springs to mind, looks Championship material at best, West ham must have been laughing all the way to the bank when Villa handed over a cheque for £4mill. Reo Cocker: Supposidly has tonnes of talent but also brings a lot of attitude, West Ham fans aren't exactly mourning his departure which says a lot I think, £8.5mill wisely invested ??

Of course having said all that, they'll probably turn us over on Saturday with Harewood getting a hattrick :)

Problems with Spurs:

1. No proven winners in their squad, couldn't understand letting Davids go for that reason

2. Best defender injury prone, defence looks suspect without him

3. Paul Robinson

4. Jermain Jenas

5. Poor spending this summer. Didn't address where was needed, blew their load on an expensive bench buddy for Defoe

6. Piss poor midfield

7. Jermain Jenas

8. Berbatov........ let me explain!

2 seasons ago Spurs had a good team, no stand out individuals but 11 players at any one time playng for eachother.

Last season Spurs relied on Berbatov, without him UEFA cup football would have been unlikely. A signing which although improved the quality of strikers weakened the team, think Shearer for us (I know he kept us up, but the 95-96 team was better all round than the 96-97 team.

He's also probably considering where he will move to next summer, all in all a weakness for the club.

Olivier Kapo is an excellent signing for Birmingham. I remember when we were linked with him two years ago under Souness praying we'd get him. Very good player.

scored a belta

looked good and that was away to chelsea! god knows what he will be like when hes fitter and against weeker teams also used of the premiership

Problems with Spurs:

1. No proven winners in their squad, couldn't understand letting Davids go for that reason

2. Best defender injury prone, defence looks suspect without him

3. Paul Robinson

4. Jermain Jenas

5. Poor spending this summer. Didn't address where was needed, blew their load on an expensive bench buddy for Defoe

6. Piss poor midfield

7. Jermain Jenas

8. Berbatov........ let me explain!

2 seasons ago Spurs had a good team, no stand out individuals but 11 players at any one time playng for eachother.

Last season Spurs relied on Berbatov, without him UEFA cup football would have been unlikely. A signing which although improved the quality of strikers weakened the team, think Shearer for us (I know he kept us up, but the 95-96 team was better all round than the 96-97 team.

He's also probably considering where he will move to next summer, all in all a weakness for the club.

You forgot to mention Jermain Jenas.