Aston Villa (H) Pre-Match Thread

NSG

A few Villa fans predictions off Villa Talk:

"2-2 for me.

I think we will sign 3 players this week and give the team a lift. We should definately drop Gabby and put Luke uo with Big John and go 4-4-2. Not sure what anyone else thought yesterday, but I though Gabby was poor."

"We will win this 3-1!"

"Newcastle 3 - 0 Aston Villa - More pressure on MON"

"I think we will win this one. There was a lot of expectation and pressure on the players on Saturday and they seemed to play with a real nervousness. They wont have this at St James park and will show what they are capable of.

2-1 Villa"

----------------------------------------------

Personally, I'd be disappointed with anyting less than a win. We're on fire at the moment and to be fair Liverpool should have had four or five against this lot. Have to be careful we don't get complacent though. My main worry is Ashley Young skinning Carr all day long. Can see us going with a similar team to the Bolton match, maybe bringing Enrique in.

On fire? Wouldn't go that far yet. We've had a good start.

Still hope to win though, 2-0.

PS - this is far too early. :lol:

What can I say? I'm excited :D

And three goals away from home in one game for us = on fire ;)

Could win this one i think. We will be confident after the bolton match, and villa, who let go of NINE players over the summer to be replaced by 3, dont look all that great if im honest. I no MON is a good manager but im not expecting too much from them this year.

Be interesting to see if any of the new defenders get a game. Or dyer for that matter. Id expect the same team that beat bolton if im honest though. Cant fukin wait anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think our players will be nervous about living up to last week in front of a packed SJP and I think MON will have rallied his troops a bit. I think there's good chance it'll be 0-0.

tricky one imo, i reckon they're going to try and hit us on the break and pack the defence.

its really down to our strikers being on form. but villa will score. 2-1 us. viduka/smith - agbonlahor

I think we will win fairly comfortably.  It would be nice to see a goal or two at the Gallowgate end (for us) as well.  Recently all the goals, bar Milners late one vs. Juventus, have been in the Leazes end.  Or at least it seems that way.

Not seeing any goals (at all)  in home league matches for the last half dozen games last season was hard!!  Most goals in our friendlies were at the other end to where I sit.

Predict maybe 2 - 0 Martins and Viduka.

I'm afraid we're already expecting too much of a team after only one game. Especially a team adapting to new formations and at the same time having a few new players as well. A draw would be alright, 4 points from our first couple of games would have pleased me before the start of the season. Will be a tight game and I expect Villa to create more than they did against Liverpool but I'm hoping the crowd will be the difference here. 2-1 to us.