Belletti signs for Chelsea

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

SAM ALLARDYCE is trying to get Barcelona hero Juliano Belletti to join Newcastle.

The Brazilian World Cup-winner’s deal runs out next summer and he has lost his Nou Camp spot to Gianluca Zambrotta.

Belletti’s claim to fame is scoring the winner against Arsenal in the Champions League final in 2006.

But Toon boss Big Sam wants the 31-year-old for his sound track record as a full-back.

Allardyce moved for the Brazilian right-back at the beginning of the week but so far has not been given permission to talk to the player whose contract runs out next summer.

Barca have gone on record as saying they don’t want to sell Belletti and that they plan to renew his contract. Milan failed with a £3m bid last January.

The player is also demanding more than £50,000-a-week which Newcastle may feel is too much.

Allardyce has moved for Belletti after the high-profile fall-out between the club and Kieron Dyer.

Big Sam had hoped to use Dyer as right-back this season and had discussions with the player about the roll.

But Dyer wanted to go to West Ham and was set to move to the London club before Newcastle pulled the plug and demanded an extra £2m.

Dyer has now been condemned to the reserves.

Newcastle’s current right-back, Stephen Carr, is in the final year of his contract and is in talks to see if he can get a new deal but it is possible he may move on.

Meanwhile, Allardyce hopes to finalise the signing of midfielder Abdoulaye Faye from his old club Bolton this week. Faye will cost the Toon £1.5m.

:lol:...

SAM ALLARDYCE is trying to get Barcelona hero Juliano Belletti to join Newcastle.

The Brazilian World Cup-winner’s deal runs out next summer and he has lost his Nou Camp spot to Gianluca Zambrotta.

Belletti’s claim to fame is scoring the winner against Arsenal in the Champions League final in 2006.

But Toon boss Big Sam wants the 31-year-old for his sound track record as a full-back.

Allardyce moved for the Brazilian right-back at the beginning of the week but so far has not been given permission to talk to the player whose contract runs out next summer.

Barca have gone on record as saying they don’t want to sell Belletti and that they plan to renew his contract. Milan failed with a £3m bid last January.

The player is also demanding more than £50,000-a-week which Newcastle may feel is too much.

Allardyce has moved for Belletti after the high-profile fall-out between the club and Kieron Dyer.

Big Sam had hoped to use Dyer as right-back this season and had discussions with the player about the roll.

But Dyer wanted to go to West Ham and was set to move to the London club before Newcastle pulled the plug and demanded an extra £2m.

Newcastle’s current right-back, Stephen Carr, is in the final year of his contract and is in talks to see if he can get a new deal but it is possible he may move on.

Meanwhile, Allardyce hopes to finalise the signing of midfielder Abdoulaye Faye from his old club Bolton this week. Faye will cost the Toon £1.5m.

That bit's far funnier. :lol:

The Brazilian World Cup-winners deal runs out next summer and he has lost his Nou Camp spot to Gianluca Zambrotta.

Bellettis claim to fame is scoring the winner against Arsenal in the Champions League final in 2006.

Barca have gone on record as saying they dont want to sell Belletti and that they plan to renew his contract. Milan failed with a £3m bid last January.

Newcastles current right-back, Stephen Carr, is in the final year of his contract and is in talks to see if he can get a new deal but it is possible he may move on.

That bit's far funnier. :lol:

Ahhhhh so that's why he's started to look bothered again!

Frey bentos eating cunt!

Something from El Mundo Deportivo on this: Link

Not got a clue what it says apart from Belletti, Newcastle and Sam Allardyce.

pull what you want from freetranslation....

The Newcastle wants to put on file to Julian Belletti and will throw the remainder because of it, al point that its coach and general manager has thought to be presented in Barcelona this week to try to activate the operation.  Samuel 'Sam' Allardyce has a passage London-Barcelona for this Thursday and its objective is to convince al right winger and international Brazilian of the FC Barcelona, that will be very important in the new project of the 'Magpies' (Magpies).  The picture albinegro has been reinforced very well with a view toward the season that has just begun in the Premier League, but still a player of hierarchy lacks him to cover the lateral dexterous one of his defense.  Allardyce has thought about Belletti, and as has plenipotentiary powers, his intention is not another that to be carried al author of the goal that was worth the last League of Champions conquered by the Barça in Paris. 

The coach and manager of the Newcastle anticipates to present an offering not over the 4 million euro by Julian Belletti and he would do him, he as transcended last night, in person.  The Newcastle, that began the Premier winning al Bolton for 1-3, he asked al Barça in their day by Eidur Gudjonhsen and by Saying, although the managements did not prosper

something about Big Sam going to Barcelona on Thursday???

Guest Christian Hayne

Barcelona fullback Juliano Belletti is open to a move to Newcastle United.

Toon boss Sam Allardyce is in talks with Barca over a fee for the Brazil international, who said: "I'd like to stay, but Barcelona has told me they'd like me to leave. We are ready to listen to other offers. My brother is here to listen to offers, so is the club.

"Every player wants to play regularly."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=52218

If we sign belleti,if just gives Sam and his board more time to find a young quality right back that can be here for years to come.

Knows exactly what we want and he's done the best possible job he can,well done to him.

He gets the go-ahead from me,10/10 for Big Sam this pre-season/season so far

Guest elbee909

Toon boss Sam Allardyce is in talks with Barca over a fee for the Brazil international, who said: "I'd like to stay, but Barcelona has told me they'd like me to leave. We are ready to listen to other offers. My brother is here to listen to offers, so is the club.

Away with TribalFootball bollocknaise.

Nailed on tbh.

Wow, juliano belletti, too good to be true, if you asked me, name a right back who is the exact opposite of stephen carr, i would probably say belletti, one of the best fullbacks on earth, and yes i know he is 31, but i'd like to think of him as somone who is at the top of the hill, rather than over it :p

some on, now.

Nailed on tbh.

Must be.

Christian Hayne, tribalfootball - it just ticks all the boxes.

:clap: If true, Belletti would be a brilliant signing for Big Sam. At 31 he is still in his prime, but at a later stage. He has fallen out of favour at the Nou Camp and this is the right time to move in. Very attacking, better defender than Carr... actually knows about the offside rule... so better than Carr there too!

Sign him now!! Next 2 seasons he would be perfect, plenty of time to bring in a young prosperous player to take Newcastle to the next stage!

Mundo Deportivo are one of the Barcelona based rags in Spain and they're saying Sam may fly over there in person this week to try and convince the player, which suggests they haven't just 'borrowed' the story from the Mail.

Could all be bollocks, and Belletti doesn't seem like an Allardyce full back, but as someone mentioned already he can also cover the right wing which would mean we could potentially sell Solano and Dyer without bringing in a winger. With Faye and Belletti I dare say our squad would be complete.

Good wing-back, very average full-back. I'd have him for the simple fact that he's better than Carr and there doesn't seem to be much else on the market.

In no way, shape or form is he anything more than a short-term answer though.

Away with TribalFootball bollocknaise.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada07-08/08/n070814100710.html