"Fergie Eyes Up Martins" writes Custis in The Sun

NSG

All Sam is doing is sticking to the facts of the situation, he knows if there is a bid of £13mill that we cannot say we are not selling him, so he has said what has been needed to be said and no more.

He has already said in other interviews that he wants him to stay and the club are holding talks with Martins people over a new deal, even Oba has came out and confirmed talks are on going.

Oh and Bolton have said many times Anelka is not for sale and I cannot see them  wanting to let him go, not the state they are in so far this season.

All Sam is doing is sticking to the facts of the situation, he knows if there is a bid of £13mill that we cannot say we are not selling him, so he has said what has been needed to be said and no more.

He has already said in other interviews that he wants him to stay and the club are holding talks with Martins people over a new deal, even Oba has came out and confirmed tlaks are on going.

I agree with you. The new contract offer makes no sense if he wants rid.

He has already said in other interviews that he wants him to stay and the club are holding talks with Martins people over a new deal, even Oba has came out and confirmed tlaks are on going.

Then again the claim of contract talks taking place might have been a falsehood intended to hurry up potential bidders.

SA is desperate to get shot. He must have his eyes on Anelka which if it happens would make my season.

:rolleyes:

Well every few days there seems to be some report or other going on about Martins 'clause'.

Then again the claim of contract talks taking place might have been a falsehood intended to hurry up potential bidders.

In all reality who is going to pay £13m for Obafemi Mitty? Even Yak who I consider as good if not better has gone for £12 according to latest reports.

SA is desperate to get shot. He must have his eyes on Anelka which if it happens would make my season.

Well every few days there seems to be some report or other going on about Martins 'clause'.

And what's that got to do with Anelka?

As for the Martins' stories, it's called the papers making stuff up. They have a quota to fill, they have to write one NUFC story per day on average, one of our star players has a release clause - it's not difficult to see how that's the easiest bullshit story to peddle. Funny how any talk of Owen has dried up now his clause has expired isn't it? You'd think all the managers who were desperate to sign him when it was still there wouldn't just lose interest, especially now he's fit again. The reason they have is because they never existed in the first place.

In all reality who is going to pay £13m for Obafemi Mitty? Even Yak who I consider as good if not better has gone for £12 according to latest reports.

The thing is though, we paid £10 million for him so we can't really accept anything less than £12 million at the least. When you consider he came in and proved he could score goals in the premiership and is only 22 in Nigerian years.

As for the Martins' stories, it's called the papers making stuff up. They have a quota to fill, they have to write one NUFC story per day on average, one of our star players has a release clause - it's not difficult to see how that's the easiest bullshit story to peddle. Funny how any talk of Owen has dried up now his clause has expired isn't it? You'd think all the managers who were desperate to sign him when it was still there wouldn't just lose interest, especially now he's fit again. The reason they have is because they never existed in the first place.

He knows SA's system inside out? :lol:

He is available and better than Martins in every conceivable way.

The Owen stuff will be back if he scores for England or gets crocked. bluerazz.gif

The Owen stuff will be back if he scores for England or gets crocked. bluerazz.gif

So Sam MUST be after him? He's not mate, sorry to break it to you.

The thing is though, we paid £10 million for him so we can't really accept anything less than £12 million at the least. When you consider he came in and proved he could score goals in the premiership and is only 22 in Nigerian years.

The market and the buyer sets the value regarless of what the selling club think a player is worth. Do you think we overpaid for him?

So Sam MUST be after him? He's not mate, sorry to break it to you.

Sam would rather Anelka than Martins surely you can see that? Whether he can get him or wants him is my little fantasy. :blush:

He has already said in other interviews that he wants him to stay and the club are holding talks with Martins people over a new deal, even Oba has came out and confirmed talks are on going.

Oh and Bolton have said many times Anelka is not for sale and I cannot see them  wanting to let him go, not the state they are in so far this season.

Not quite. Although everything Sam says is factually true, he also ommits some important facts (such as Martins saying he's very happy to be here and doesn't want to leave and us being in talks to secure a new deal without the infamous clause), which renders the message as a whole a bit strange if he indeed wants to keep Martins here. He could equally have stuck to the facts by saying "Martins is very happy to be here and in we're in talks to keep him at the club for a longer period of time, so I don't think it is very likely he will want to leave even if somebody bid the amount that's in the clause" and conveyed a completely different sentiment.

Not quite. Although everything Sam says is factually true, he also ommits some important facts (such as Martins saying he's very happy to be here and doesn't want to leave and us being in talks to secure a new deal without the infamous clause), which renders the message as a whole a bit strange if he indeed wants to keep Martins here. He could equally have stuck to the facts by saying "Martins is very happy to be here and in we're in talks to keep him at the club for a longer period of time, so I don't think it is very likely he will want to leave even if somebody bid the amount that's in the clause" and conveyed a completely different sentiment.

Why should he keep bothering? The papers are going to run with it anyway cos the club are giving them jack shit.

Roll on September 1st.

blueyes.gif

Agreed. People are just uneasy to admit that the only striker fit and regularly scoring isn't fancied by the manager for whatever reason.

From reading Bolton boards in the past their opinion is that Anelka and Allardyce never got along, his blue eyed boys were Diouf, Nolan, Davies and Faye.

Nico hasn't managed to get on with any of his managers though...Doesn't mean much.

blueyes.gif

Agreed. People are just uneasy to admit that the only striker fit and regularly scoring isn't fancied by the manager for whatever reason.

:lol:

From reading Bolton boards in the past their opinion is that Anelka and Allardyce never got along, his blue eyed boys were Diouf, Nolan, Davies and Faye.

Nico hasn't managed to get on with any of his managers though...Doesn't mean much.

How many of his old managers have bought him again?

None prob. Wenger still has a soft spot for him. bluerazz.gif

You could have left it at none tbh.

If he goes for anyone it'll be Diouf IMO.

You could have left it at none tbh.

If he goes for anyone it'll be Diouf IMO.

Would Diouf be able to play center mid?