"Fergie Eyes Up Martins" writes Custis in The Sun

NSG

Got to say it worries me as Oliver has been on top form with his exclusives lately. Although we hate to admit he was right about Parker, Dyer and Solano. I just hope he isn't right about this one.

Got to say it worries me as Oliver has been on top form with his exclusives lately. Although we hate to admit he was right about Parker, Dyer and Solano. I just hope he isn't right about this one.

It will be Martins choice

if tabloids were right all the time i'd have ronaldinho on the back of my top.

I really think though that we should sell martins for 13mil and get andy cole on a free transfer. excellent bit of business that

Quoted myself  bluerazz.gif  yeah i was messing around...

we should keep martins

Guest toontoon

I doubt Faye is the last signing, I expect him, belleti and a midfielder to come in.  As for Martins I dont want him to leave but think he will if these stories are true.

Guest Wally_McFool

Right about Dyer, you mean the bit where he said "but if anyone at St James’ Park thinks the Dyer deal can be resurrected then they are mistaken."

;D

This just doesn't make sense thinking about it ...

Fergusons strikers are struggling to score at the moment so he needs a guaranteed finisher. If he has a choice between Owen and Martins surely he goes for Owen right? As good a player as Martins is, i'm not sure he is the finisher they need.

Owen is different to the other types of strikers they have, as he is a poacher and finisher, and he comes at a cheaper price. Also, when everyone else in the Man U squad is fit he can be rotated which will probably help avoid his repetitive injuries.

They need someone in the box and depending on what happens on Wednesday against Germany, I think they might bid for Owen rather than Martins.

Isn't Oliver supposed to use his articles to pour scorn on what the nationals have written and tell just how wide of that mark they are?

Oh that's right, not when it might unsettle Obafemi Martins. Oba should go round and egg his house.

Its a big worry, playing for Man Ure is a big pull for any player but Martins will be looking at how many games he will get once Fergie's other strikers are fit, we should offer them Owen on loan :lol:, he needs games they need a striker.

There needs to be questions asked as to why Man Utd are so short of out and out strikers given the money Ferguson has spent. I know he's a class manager etc. but asking for cash to get any of the players he's been linked with now is poor management on his part on this occasion. They shouldn't be in that situation. And even when everyone is fit they've only really got Saha who fits the bill (off the top of my head). And he's very injury prone.

There needs to be questions asked as to why Man Utd are so short of out and out strikers given the money Ferguson has spent. I know he's a class manager etc. but asking for cash to get any of the players he's been linked with now is poor management on his part on this occasion. They shouldn't be in that situation. And even when everyone is fit they've only really got Saha who fits the bill (off the top of my head). And he's very injury prone.

They should have ditched Saha by now really.

It's not dissimilar to Chelsea's situation with centre-backs last season. Another error of judgement on the part of the manager (or DoF, etc. ;) ).

Agreed. He's gone a bit 'Spurs' with all the cash he's been given.

Agreed. He's gone a bit 'Spurs' with all the cash he's been given.

Not like they're not wildly in debt either.

Servicing £400m at last count. :kasper:

Happy days.

Its a big worry, playing for Man Ure is a big pull for any player but Martins will be looking at how many games he will get once Fergie's other strikers are fit, we should offer them Owen on loan :lol:, he needs games they need a striker.

Owen on loan until January if we can have Brown on loan until January.  Brown = Better RB than Carr