Yet another wasted season!

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest Brazilianbob

Once again the intransigence of the holder of the purse strings at NUFC, has consigned us fans to yet another season of mediocrity.

Granted we have brought in a lot of decent players for around £21m, but none are particularly world class or young enough to make them a decent long term investment, whilst we have sold two current England internationals in Parker and Dyer for a total of £14 to £15m.  That makes our outlay a miserly £6/7m.

If Allardyce/Ashley/Mort think that is enough to get us into Europe or win cups etc this season, then great if we do, but I fear we will end up mid table yet again with nothing in the trophy cabinet but 40 year old dust, and we will again be unable to attract quality players next close season due to the lack of European football at SJP.

I live in hope that the big investments are made over the next week, but somehow I doubt it.

Guest Toon83

Rome wasnt built in a day my friend, Big Sam has done an excellent job so far, with the players he has brought in and the ones he has sold/released, let the man work

It's a tough one Bob.

There have been a lot of Premiership clubs bought over by very rich men.  They can't all qualify for Europe.  It's one thing wanting the club to spend money but it has to be on players who would improve the squad/team and they would obviously have to want to sign for us.  The alternative is to spunk £millions on average players like what West Ham are doing.  I have no desire to see Newcastle go down that road because I simply don't believe that it would get us anywhere.

Bob is absoluely right.. where are all the trophy signings? the mercenaries? surely we cant break into the top four without them like.. its ridiculous. i'm supporting another club.

Agreed. Shepherd had the right idea.

Guest Sniffer

Ridicule BB's opinion if you like but it's not far off the mark. Whilst dyer and parker were no great loss and SA has brought in some adequate replacements in Barton especially, there is no player with any ability on the ball and that is what we need in addition to a RB. If Emre does not step up then I don't see much imagination or creative ability to provide the forwards with many goalscoring opportunities other than high balls and speculative crosses.

Ridicule BB's opinion if you like but it's not far off the mark. Whilst dyer and parker were no great loss and SA has brought in some adequate replacements in Barton especially, there is no player with any ability on the ball and that is what we need in addition to a RB. If Emre does not step up then I don't see much imagination or creative ability to provide the forwards with many goalscoring opportunities other than high balls and speculative crosses.

As opposed to our vision and creativity last year..

Guest Sniffer

This is a new season, what's past is past.

Although SA has done a good job with the squad so far, he still needs to get out of the bargain basement if we want to compete in the top half dozen. Whether it's down to him or the owners, I don't know but we need some class in the midfield and a player who is comfortable on the ball and knows what to do with it.

Guest Magpiecn

I still believe Sam.Bolton didnt buy many world class players but they did excellent job,besides there're still 9days beford the deadline,so its early to say we cant sign world class players.