Glen Johnson

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wouldn't personally

i think Diarra may be the palyer that mourinho may have been on about though!

Lassana Diarra would be a fantastic signing for us. Get him in if you can Sam!

Another midget, no thanks.

I wouldn't personally

i think Diarra may be the palyer that mourinho may have been on about though!

Lassana Diarra would be a fantastic signing for us. Get him in if you can Sam!

Another midget, no thanks.

Would love lassana down here.. great potential, he's shaping up to be a fine player

Diarra off to gooners isnt he? good future replacement for butt, already better than carr at right back. would be very happy to have him here. unlikely though.                                                              as for johnsen. meh improvement on carr if he plays like he did at pompey, but as much of a liability.

:lol: he's getting absolutely beaten down on this thread... wow, tbh i havn't seen much of him or know much about him.

surely he can't be that bad if he's playing for chelsea?.. but that might be my ignorance showing itself.

Chelsea was the wrong club at the wrong time in his career. He was too inexperienced to hold down a place in a side that was chasing the league, and he lost his way a bit.

But - his potential is huge. I'd back Sam to straighten him out.

my only worry is that these posters'll murder him the minute he steps into the toon... still cant believe they're slating a potential rightback..  :lol: must be absolutely terrible

i'm guessing hes a youngster, how  old?

He's 23. He was 18 when he joined Chelsea. Sir Bob was poised to snap him up, but then along came Abramovich.

Guest LondonMag

id take Johnson before Carr at any day.maybe he is not a very good on defence.but going forward,he is one class above Carr

Diarra off to gooners isnt he? good future replacement for butt, already better than carr at right back. would be very happy to have him here. unlikely though.                                                              as for johnsen. meh improvement on carr if he plays like he did at pompey, but as much of a liability.

Was alot of talk of this, but his best position is as a more defensive central midfielder, which is a position that doesn't need strengthening at all!

So cant see it happening

Would be a great addition for any club that need that position strengthening though i feel

Was alot of talk of this, but his best position is as a more defensive central midfielder, which is a position that doesn't need strengthening at all!

So cant see it happening

Would be a great addition for any club that need that position strengthening though i feel

also plays right-back if i'm not mistaken.. great signing (if it happened)

So cant see it happening

also plays right-back if i'm not mistaken.. great signing (if it happened)

i think he can, not as well as centrally, and i think he may have said before it isnt his prefered position and his long term future will surely be at central midfield

on an arsenal forum though, some people are knocking this possible signing, i dont have a clue why!

I'd rather wait until the next transfer window if we have to and sort out the right back problem once and for all.

Signing Johnson because he's supposed to be better than Carr could leave us with a player on biggish wages for several years who isn't up to the job, we're back to square one, a few million poorerand have a player we can't shift. Johnson has ability on the ball, but off the ball he's definitely dodgy and we've had too much of that.

Guest LondonMag
Mour: Johnson can go

By DAVE KIDD

August 25, 2007

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

JOSE MOURINHO has told Glen Johnson he can leave Chelsea after the arrival of Brazilian right-back Juliano Belletti.

The England defender was the first signing of Roman Abramovich’s Russian revolution but has never nailed down a regular place under Mourinho.

Johnson, 23, spent last season on loan at Portsmouth, who visit Stamford Bridge today, but he is more likely to join Aston Villa or Newcastle.

Mourinho insisted the £3.7million signing of Belletti, 31, from Barcelona will be his final purchase of the summer but that he now wanted to shift one of his right-backs.

By ruling out the departure of Paulo Ferreira, Mourinho admitted Johnson can go — four years after his £6m move from West Ham.

Mourinho said: “I totally trust Ferreira but the door is open for a player to leave. We had 27 in the squad and Belletti has come and Arjen Robben has gone. If we can, we will go down to 26.”

How nice would it have been if we'd made the very obvious signing of Lauren for half a mill? Would have solved our right back problems for a couple of years.

Lauren, Distin and Campbell (last season) could have all been here for a minimal outlay and would have made me feel a whole lot better about our defense. Portsmouth have done really well with all of them.

A very talented player who I reckon will come good at one stage of his career. It could be us, and I'd take a punt on him.