Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Newcastle - 26/08/07 - Post match reaction from page 18

Dave

s**** game, but in Caçapa and Rozenhal we finally have a pair of decent centre backs.

Hopefully Enrique doesn't disappoint.

How come Smith looks postive and inventive for England, but just wants to kick lumps out of people and shout at the ref for us?

Roz continues to impress me, and Cacapa looked composed when he came on. Taylor should make way on the evidence of today.

Guest fishman09

dissapointed..not with the effort, or the defending, but with the midfield and attack.  just not enough creativity for me.  we have the strikers to tear teams to shreds.  can only hope that once nzogbia moves onto the lwing that we create more.

happy enuff..as someone said still undefeated, the defence looks pretty good consoidering they are still learning to play together.  its just the lack of real attacking intent in the final 3rd...pains me to say it but i thought boro were far far superior going forward...but still early early days yet

fish

s**** game, but in Caçapa and Rozenhal we finally have a pair of decent centre backs.

Hopefully Enrique doesn't disappoint.

How come Smith looks postive and inventive for England, but just wants to kick lumps out of people and shout at the ref for us?

Roz continues to impress me, and Cacapa looked composed when he came on. Taylor should make way on the evidence of today.

Didn't watch the game, but Taylor should be at right-back now anyway, i reckon. Taylor, Rozehnal, Cacapa and Enrique for Barnsley. :thup:

A bit disappointing because twice we took the lead and both times we were pegged back within 5 mins!!! Old habits die hard.

Cacapa looked class and will hopefully start next game, We need to play 4-4-2. We dont have the players to play 4-3-3 imo.

Looked 10 times the team we were in the first half when we switched to 4-4-2.  Sam you have to accept it.

They looked more familiar with the system and where to play the ball, but I thought Butt, Smith & Geremi looked just as poor in the second half as they were in the first.  Boateng & Boro's midfield bossed the game. 

Post match thoughts: Fuck off Mido. What a cunt that man is.

Fair point. Looking forward to his reception at St. James. Fat bastard.

He'll have a transfer request in by then anyway when he's realised what a shite hole Boro is. Twat.

Guest NUFCGator

Zog has looked good at left back but I'd like to see what Enrique can do back there, allowing Zog to move up more into the attack where he's looked a threat any time he's been able to get up there. Between him on the left and Milner on the right, I think Viduka would be much more effective with proper service.

Cant wait till the left back plays. Then we can move Zog either up front on the left of Vid, I am not bothered who is dropped Oba or Milner. Maybe even put him bang in the middle of midfield, again I don't care if the captain, Smith or Butt is dropped, we need  Zog further up field.

As for the formation, he ain't going to change it. But Sam must know Vid, Owen, Oba, Shola & Smith are strikers who have played 442 most of there careers &  it has been the formation when they have scored most of their goals.

We need desperately some creativity to our midfield (maybe Emre & Barton will fix it) and a right-back. Smith was absolutely useless today and we don't need Butt and Geremi at the pitch same time.

Poor match have to say, but Cacapa and N'Zogbia were good. Owen was nowhere to be seen.

Cacapa and Roz should definately be our first-choice centre backs at the moment with Enrique on left and some new guy on right. N'Zogbia should play left wing instead of Milner.

After this and the villa game, if we don't inject any real pace into that midfield! We can say bye bye to 6th place at the very least!

2 games i've watched on setanta and to of the most mind boggling boring football i've witnessed!

We looked a joke against villa and a fucking joke against so called strugglers!

Nothing has changed! Apart from maybe drawing as opposed to losing, but who in there right mind would even consider putting Ramage on?  :idiot2:

We are fucked if we don't sign anyone creative!  Smith was as shocking as i'd thought he'd turn out to be, when we signed him!

Was better watching football under roeder, FACT! i've never been as bored or less optimistic as i am right now, Fucking 4-3-3 again? What did he think would happen!

Fuckwits!

Dissapointing. Let slip twice after taking the lead in both halfs. The midfield were quite non-existent with the constant hit and hope balls forward, Alan Smith was quite dissappointing today as well. The forwards were given nothing and 4-3-3 does not work.

However, they were two very well taken goals from Zoggy and Viduka - Viduka's I was pretty impressed with considering he hasn't really offered alot in terms of goal action since he arrived here. He held off Woodgate well, a few good touches and the finish was quite something from the position he was in at the start of the move.

For Zoggy, I'm very impressed with him. He looks back to his old self that we saw Pre-Roeder. His goal came out of nowhere and was shocked to see it hit the back of the net. It shows the midfield creativity that we've been missing recently. The sooner he can get pushed into midfield, the better.

We had some decent defending at times and a few good touches and moves upfront but apart from that quite dissapointing. Sam will not be happy with that result.

All in all not to bad, we looked better than last week but I think Sam needs to give up on this 4-3-3 and stick to a 4-4-2.

Cacapa looked class, happy we had to use him as he has proved he can play. Cracking goal from Zoggy and a great bit of skill from Viduka for his but he really did fk all else in the game. Felt sorry for Martins going off, he did not look a happy chap, even with wor away fans singing for him as he was walking off.

Owen missed a good chance to win it did not even make contact with it, just showing he needs more games under his belt.

Their 1st gaol was offside, but dam tight.

Negatives: loss of concentration,

inability to defend a lead

passing medoicre and at times very poor

should be beating these teams

gives boro fans hope

martins seems pissed off (we dont want or need a player especially of his calibre unsettled)

Positives:  Ramage out for a while

defence, for the most part, was solid

viduka scoring against boro was magical

shown ashley whats needed

zoggy looks decent at LB

shaking my head right now- should have been 3 points

After this and the villa game, if we don't inject any real pace into that midfield! We can say bye bye to 6th place at the very least!

2 games i've watched on setanta and to of the most mind boggling boring football i've witnessed!

Nothing has changed! Apart from maybe drawing as opposed to losing, but who in there right mind would even consider putting Ramage on?  :idiot2:

We are fucked if we don't sign anyone creative!  Smith was as shocking as i'd thought he'd turn out to be, when we signed him!

Was better watching football under roeder, FACT! i've never been as bored or less optimistic as i am right now, Fucking 4-3-3 again? What did he think would happen!

Fuckwits!

Jesus God in heaven.

---

Certainly a disappointing result to have to come away with, but Boro are a decent side on their own patch and have got some good quality going forward. I'm just happy to see us have a decent start to the season - still unbeaten, scoring lots of goals and Allardyce is constantly learning this and that. He'll definitely learn from today; combine it with what he learnt at Villa and he'll probably opt for a 4-4-2 more regularly now (given only what i've heard from today's game).

No need to panic for crying out loud. We lost this fixture last year.

Worse than Roeder. :lol:

Fuckwits!

Emre and Barton will give our midfield something extra imho

For the effort we had, I think a draw was a fair result, although I think its reasonable to expect a win from this fixture.  I really hope Enrique starts the next Prem game so that the Zog can go on the left with Milner on the right in a 442.  I'm not ready to write off Smith yet, but get him out of the team until he offers something more than nothing going forward with occasional unchecked aggression going backward.  He looks caught in some horrible limbo between midfield and forward.