If we win next week.

Guest Deep456
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Deep456

I think if we win next week against a poor Wigan side at home I would be over the moon with our start.

Bolton(a)

Aston Villa(h)

Middlesbrough(a)

Wigan(h)

Those are all mid-table sides with wigan maybe challenging for relegation.

We are a mid-table team.

8th-11th team really. It's got it's own category you know. ;)  Don't know why but mid-table's always signified 'top of bottom half' for me. Mehh.

Anyhow, eight from twelve's an excellent return, i don't care what people say. We haven't started like that in years - we always start the season shit, whoever we play - so i'd be dead chuffed with that.

Guest Deep456

Not really no, all the teams we have played we should have beat.

Last season we got half the amount of points from these games should we beat Wigan.

People are going to be very disappointed if they keep looking down on decent sides like Villa & Boro as poor.  They will take points off of better sides than us this season.

Having said that, I do think that anything less than six points from Wigan (h) and Derby (a) is unacceptable.

Yes, anyone who honestly expects more needs to get their head out of their arse!

Like I said in another topic. 8 points from 4 games would be the same total we had in the same number of games in the 01/02 season. Good return with a very winnable match against Derby afterwards.

I think if we win next week against a poor Wigan side at home I would be over the moon with our start.

Bolton(a)

Aston Villa(h)

Middlesbrough(a)

Wigan(h)

Those are all mid-table sides with wigan maybe challenging for relegation.

a poor wigan side who are getting a few results at the minute, yeah, i'll be more than pleased with 8 points from 12

7th with a game in hand, only Arsenal and Liverpool above us have played the same amount of games, and We are Arsenals game in hand..

Mind depends on how Man ure v  Spurs ends.

But we cannot complain about the position we are in after 3 games, I am more worried about Sam sticking with the 4-3-3 in future games than I am worried with the games we haev played so far.

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

I'd be pretty pleased with 2 wins and 2 draws... When was the last time we went undefeated in August?

would be very happy

we always get off to a bad start...not this season

5 goals in 2 games away from home, last season we couldnt score 5 goals in 5 games away from home

I'd be happy with having the 8 points but not too happy about the standard of football we've played so far, the points are the most important thing but that doesn't mean you have to be happy with the football that's getting played.

I'd be happy with having the 8 points but not too happy about the standard of football we've played so far, the points are the most important thing but that doesn't mean you have to be happy with the football that's getting played.

agree, been shocking against villa and boro today

I think the worry for me is if we don't start playing better we aren't going to pick up any pionts against sides like Everton, Spurs, Blackburn, Man City who are much better quality than the sides we've struggled against so far.

Guest toonlass

For me the fact that we haven't lost so far is good. We lost to the boro at theirs and bolton away last season, so I think we are doing better. I hope we can build on what we have started.