The Carling Cup Thread

NSG

Dyer eh. Always said what goes around comes around.

Interesting train of thought. Perhaps this can be relayed to the other thread?

Been watching the Brazi....sorry, Manchester City, game on the telly...

Winning 1-0, Mpenza...

But Rolando Bianchi. How fucking class. I don't know if anyone else has got it on but its proper men against boys stuff with him. I mean, Bristol City aren't that bad and they're giving us a decent game but every time he gets it hes pulling off all these fancy flicks and shit...class. Been impressed with him in the premiership but tonight...Zola jr.  :smitten:

Been watching the Brazi....sorry, Manchester City, game on the telly...

Winning 1-0, Mpenza...

But Rolando Bianchi. How fucking class. I don't know if anyone else has got it on but its proper men against boys stuff with him. I mean, Bristol City aren't that bad and they're giving us a decent game but every time he gets it hes pulling off all these fancy flicks and shit...class. Been impressed with him in the premiership but tonight...Zola jr.  :smitten:

you could use a defensive midfielder

How refreshing will it be to read Teletext on a Saturday morning-team news page and not see the words Newcastle will be without...Kieron Dyer(hamstring)(back)(verruca)(diarrhoea)etc.,and see the same statement save for West Hams name in our place.Seriously it is a bad injury and i honestly hope it doesnt ruin or even finish his career.Cant see him being the same player after this tbh.

I think I've only seen a leg broken in that way two or three times, Alan Smith being one of them, the worst example was the Coventry player a few years back. Most people were horrifed in those cases, but to see some on here gloating because it was Dyer, is just sickening tbh.

As soon as he left this club for West Ham, he demonstrated to me he would never be a top player especially as he left primarily to enjoy Big City piss ups with his mates, Bellamy and Bramble. That's beside the point though. No one 'deserves' to have their leg snapped playing football and all this crap about karma is weak bullshit.

The lad who did the tackle just kicked out at the back of his leg btw. It was just bad luck that he connected while Dyer's studs were trapped in the turf. I don't think he meant in a milion Sundays to break his leg so Curbishley should give it a rest.

^ speaking of which... Barca were apparently playing a friendly against Inter tonight... weird timing.

Joan Gamper Trophy..

Barcelona 5-0 Inter (HT: 3-0)

Scorers: Ronaldinho (pen) 7, Giovani 12, Tourè 37, Iniesta 56, Motta 79.

Barcelona (4-3-3): Jorquera (Valdes 46); Zambrotta (G.Milito 46), Oleguer, Marquez (Thuram 46), Abidal (Sylvinho 46); Tourè (M.Crosas 67), Xavi (Iniesta 46), Deco; Giovani (Messi 46), Ronaldinho (Eto'ò 46; Motta 51), Henry.

Subs not used: Ezquerro.

Coach: Frank Rijkaard.

Inter (4-3-1-2): Toldo (Alfonso 62); Burdisso, Rivas, Chivu (Filippini 87), Cesar (Pedrelli 85); Pelè (Filkor 46), Cambiasso, Solari (Fatic 67); Jimenez (Recoba 60); Crespo (Maaroufi 59), Adriano (Balotelli 59).

Subs not used: Esposito.

Coach: Roberto Mancini.

Referee: Eduardo Iturralde Gonzalez.

Att.: 90,000.

you lot are a disgrace going on like this.  makes me feel sick the way you are all speaking about him.

i wish him the best of look at west ham and with his leg!!

i like the lad a lot think he tried hard for newcastle just didnt work out for him. 

GOOD LUCK KIERON!

'Boro got just over 11,000 people in tonight - and that was apparently very "generous", which I would also say about our 30,500-ish number as well.

Still, though, eleven-fucking-thousand...

Guest Redcar Mag

Could one of the photoshopists combine these two images for me:

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/media/images/galleries/sport/football/foc/large/20070828_21_gyi0000629004.jpg

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ATA/24818BP~The-Simpsons-Nelson-Haha-Posters.jpg

or something along those lines.

^ speaking of which... Barca were apparently playing a friendly against Inter tonight... weird timing.

Joan Gamper Trophy..

Barcelona 5-0 Inter (HT: 3-0)

Scorers: Ronaldinho (pen) 7, Giovani 12, Tourè 37, Iniesta 56, Motta 79.

Barcelona (4-3-3): Jorquera (Valdes 46); Zambrotta (G.Milito 46), Oleguer, Marquez (Thuram 46), Abidal (Sylvinho 46); Tourè (M.Crosas 67), Xavi (Iniesta 46), Deco; Giovani (Messi 46), Ronaldinho (Eto'ò 46; Motta 51), Henry.

Subs not used: Ezquerro.

Coach: Frank Rijkaard.

Inter (4-3-1-2): Toldo (Alfonso 62); Burdisso, Rivas, Chivu (Filippini 87), Cesar (Pedrelli 85); Pelè (Filkor 46), Cambiasso, Solari (Fatic 67); Jimenez (Recoba 60); Crespo (Maaroufi 59), Adriano (Balotelli 59).

Subs not used: Esposito.

Coach: Roberto Mancini.

Referee: Eduardo Iturralde Gonzalez.

Att.: 90,000.

Giovanni, Toure and Iniesta's goals were decent like, glad Inter got tanked.

'Boro got just over 11,000 people in tonight - and that was apparently very "generous", which I would also say about our 30,500-ish number as well.

Still, though, eleven-fucking-thousand...

Looked less than that... just proves the enormity of the stadium.