Newcastle 2 - 0 Barnsley - 29/08/07 - Post match reaction from page 6

JH

I love it when players go up or into the crowd, I miss that players aren't allowed to do it more, makes me all fuzzy inside  :blush:

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1844/76379061dv5.jpg

legend.  :clap:

Gotta love the guy!What a legend!

I love it when players go up or into the crowd, I miss that players aren't allowed to it more, makes me all fuzzy inside  :blush:

legend.

I thought the Ultras were in the corner?

All ower the stadium, 25,000 of them now ya kna!

Anyone more than me who thought Smith was awful today? I'm not sure if he knew that he was playing in the midfield, it looked more as if he was playing as a second right defender.

He was like. I really don't think he's cut out for anywhere other than up front.

f*** OFF WANKERS.

HONESTLY WHAT A BUNCH OF c***s!!!!

I don't think I've seen you comment on one match. Just bang on about the "Ultras".

... and then blows a fuse! Same old same old indeed!

Get a sense of humour kane man! fucking childish reaction :lol:

Anyone more than me who thought Smith was awful today? I'm not sure if he knew that he was playing in the midfield, it looked more as if he was playing as a second right defender.

i was lead to belive smith palyed on the right.. if he did, i think this was bad tactical decision, he isnt a right sided midfielder at all

Guest optimistic nit

I love it when players go up or into the crowd, I miss that players aren't allowed to do it more, makes me all fuzzy inside  :blush:

legend.  :clap:

"i'm a little tea pot..."

I love it when players go up or into the crowd, I miss that players aren't allowed to it more, makes me all fuzzy inside  :blush:

legend.

I thought the Ultras were in the corner?

:giggle:

When everyone is fit, does anyonelse think Cacapa will take over for Taylor, and Faye for Butt?

I have a feeling both will be first teamers for us.

Cacapa, probably.

But it's not just Butt Faye will be competing with, it's Geremi, Smith, Barton and Emre. All vying for 3 places, be very surprised if Faye is first choice at all.

He'll be a utility player, able to fill in at CB, RB and DM. He'll get plenty of action, anyway, but won't be first choice IMO.

f*** OFF WANKERS.

I don't think I've seen you comment on one match. Just bang on about the "Ultras".

Get a sense of humour kane man! f****** childish reaction :lol:

Get a sense of humour. What was funny other than my comment?

All I can say is:

Middlesbrough vs Newcastle - Tyne Tees Derby - Premier League match - 28,000 attendance

Newcastle vs Barnsley - Carling Cup 2nd Round Match - 30,000 attendance

:lol:

f*** OFF WANKERS.

Get a sense of humour kane man! f****** childish reaction :lol:

Get a sense of humour. What was funny other than my comment?

Think you need to calm down treacle :lol:

Cacapa has got to be one the first names on the team sheet.

Best defender at the club by a country mile.

Enrique lacked a bit of sharpness. Legs were quick enough, but the brain wasn't, and was caught napping a few times. Played a few hospital balls. But he's young, and it's early days.

Emre was garbage - but I'll put that down to fitness and lack of match practice.

Wasting Smith in midfield - treating him like a workhorse, when he's obviously a thoroughbred. What's the point in playing him as a ball winner?

He was like. I really don't think he's cut out for anywhere other than up front.

He did a decent job tbh. The shape of the side looked an awful lot better than we have seen in the last two games with him out wide and drifting in. He kept our shape which is more than can be said of others who have played out there while achjieving fuck all. Cacapa looks a cut above anything we have had at centre half since Woodgate. Emre was clearly unfit and piss poor. Solano did ok. Personally I thought Geremi played well and Ameobi's ball for Owen was superb, as was his lay of from which Butt should have scored.

Jose Enrique seems to have an erratic (not necessarily poor) first touch but he has pace and strength. Nice to see Owen running at people. He played like he had  been told to drop deep and do so. Good to see.

Enrique lacked a bit of sharpness. Legs were quick enough, but the brain wasn't, and was caught napping a few times. Played a few hospital balls. But he's young, and it's early days.

Emre was garbage - but I'll put that down to fitness and lack of match practice.

Wasting Smith in midfield - treating him like a workhorse, when he's obviously a thoroughbred. What's the point in playing him as a ball winner?

???

I think Faye will be first choice tbh. I reckon Sam will want some premiership experience in there.

When we play the 4-3-3 I think it might be Faye, Geremi and Barton in the centre when everyone is fit. Butt has been a bit hit and miss so far this season, not quite athletic or quick enough to break up as much of the play as we need him to. Faye would be much more dominant in that position.

Guest toonchina

Is it 442?Smith on the right wing?

The game has finished.

That's why I am asking.I couldn't watch the game.So,again,was it 442?

Is it 442?Smith on the right wing?

The game has finished.

That's why I am asking.I couldn't watch the game.So,again,was it 442?

Sorry. :blush:

Think it was 4-4-2 for most of the match, yes. Check the first post for the lineup.