Newcastle 2 - 0 Barnsley - 29/08/07 - Post match reaction from page 6

JH

Shola was class in the build up to Owen's goal.

Owen's pace ...  :weep:

Would you rather he just ran as fast as he could to get through for the goal, despite there being no need?

And he'd fuck all chance to get away on the first clip they showed.

Still nowhere near match fit anyway, so relax.

Shola was class in the build up to Owen's goal.

Owen's pace ...  :weep:

Would you rather he just ran as fast as he could to get through for the goal, despite there being no need?

And he'd f*** all chance to get away on the first clip they showed.

Still nowhere near match fit anyway, so relax.

I am very relaxed  :catmag:

fucking pricks, i originally thought it was going to be a roger thames tyne tees highlights thing focusing on us, only to see it was a nationwide affair. THEN they show the man city game for the majority of the show and have to squeeze the other games into the remaining third of the show. basically showed two chances plus the goals. gggrrrr

Really fucking annoyed me that.  Most people have seen the Man City game already anyway.  Wankers.  Sent a rude comment thingy to ITV.  Will be interesting to see if there was any actual logic behind it.

Guest Knightrider

Owen has clearly lost his pace, but there's fuck all wrong with his quick feet and I thought he had a canny game tonight, very mobile and strong on the ball, dropped too deep at times for my liking though. His overall game is very underrated mind and always has been. Perhaps he can still be effective. He'll always score goals in the way Shearer did if the service is right but Owen seems to have this knack of creating chances for himself somehow and I think I know how, he gambles on the defender/marker making a mistake. There were a few idiots behind us asking why he didn't challenge a defender for example, a few minutes later the same defender made the same leap and Owen made the same move, he stood off him as if to say have the ball. Only the defender slipped this time and Owen was in behind him. Very clever player and it's a shame he has lost his pace because he's in his prime as a footballer and coupled with sheer pace, well, he'd be frightening.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Christ calm down people! Lots of rude words coming out just because they didn't show extended highlights of a low profile Carling Cup Tie.

Christ calm down people! Lots of rude words coming out just because they didn't show extended highlights of a low profile Carling Cup Tie.

Regular highlights would have been nice.

Well like they showed extended highlights of fucking Bristol City v Man city which was live on sky!

In all fairness, there wasn't much else for them to broadcast, unless they turned it into the Capaca interception show.

Couple of replays? Post-match reaction from the managers?

They needed the time to show Dyer's sickening leg break. By sickening I mean belly-achingly, eyes streamingly hilarious, you understand.

In all fairness, there wasn't much else for them to broadcast, unless they turned it into the Capaca interception show.

Couple of replays? Post-match reaction from the managers?

They needed the time to show Dyer's sickening leg break. By sickening I mean completely hilarious, you understand.

:lol:

Guest optimistic nit

Owen looked slow, but i wouldn't say he's lost his pace. if he's like that at christmas, then we're fucked. he's not match fit atm.

They didn't even show the full celebration of Martins.

Even SSN showed his celebration!  :cheesy:

Just what I was thinking... you're better watching the SSN highlights for this sort of thing. At least then you expect them to be very "to the point"... in fact they'll be just as good as ITV.

Won't be bothering with ITV anymore. Rubbish.

Aw man.

I'm on cloud nine. What an absolutely fantastic night. Haven't managed to get the smile on my face since the end of the game; it's been fabulous. And i couldn't have picked any two players that i wanted more to score - superb! I thought the atmosphere was great for 30k! Alright, i haven't got much to compare it to, but i was near the Ultras and it was great to be there.

Brilliant. Loved every second.

Aw man.

I'm on cloud nine. What an absolutely fantastic night. Haven't managed to get the smile on my face since the end of the game; it's been fabulous. And i couldn't have picked any two players that i wanted more to score - superb! I thought the atmosphere was great for 30k! Alright, i haven't got much to compare it to, but i was near the Ultras and it was great to be there.

Brilliant. Loved every second.

:lol:  Bless.