How to ruin the best summer in a long, long time.

NSG

I was so pleased not to hear music when we scored. I was actually slightly worried that it might happen.

Had to go down onto the concourse at half time like, too cringeworthy. Who was the tit with the mic?

Guest Knightrider

And did my ears deceive me but were they playing clapping on the tannoy just before the teams come out with roars of "United"?

Guest Knightrider

And did my ears deceive me but were they playing clapping on the tannoy just before the teams come out with roars of "United"?

Yep. Mickey mouse tastic.

Fucking knew it, shocking that like :lol:

That was the singing section in full force.

I was stuck in the middle of them with my (very young) nephew. His first night time game and he really enjoyed that lot. I was amused when the stewards came up and tried to sit people down and half the Gallowgate stood up  ;D

Feared this might happen...

Justin Lockwood had the mic, used to commentate on Newcastle games on Metro.

And they're doing this more games this season he said :(

Lockwood sounded like Joe Pasquale.

Some kids won a shirt for being able to stick a ball past a bloke in a 7ft bird costume from 3 yards out.

Bring back half-time-heroes, we can't have ran out of players surely?

I honestly don't mind the return of Monty, it's certainly not going to dampen my summer any (although I realise you were exaggerating.)

My little cousin is a Mackem and is enthralled by their mascots, so I can see how they're useful to the younger audience.

At least it's not a "new" thing, which kills a lot of the cringeworthiness of it. The return of Monty Magpie = the return of the good times, surely?