How to ruin the best summer in a long, long time.

NSG

A very sad day.

Even worse - there were 2 of the.

Actually always thought Monty "existed" but was kept out of sight in the family area.

Two Montys? Sure it wasnt Maggie?:)

Dont tell me Monty has a missus ?

A very sad day.

Even worse - there were 2 of them.

Actually always thought Monty "existed" but was kept out of sight in the family area.

It's Monty and his bitch, innit? Forgotten the name. Maggy?

I've been to a few Hertha matches in Berlin. Their crap mascot is a bear called Herthinho and the crowd in the Gallowgate equivalent hate the thing.

One time some of them shouted and beckoned it over and, briefly lulled into believing they were friendly, the bear approached the stand – only to be pelted with hundreds of snowballs. The bear didn't reappear in the second half. Another time I saw half the crowd chanting "Bär – du Votze! Bär – du Votze!" ("Bear – you're a cunt!") while the mascot dickered nervously down the other end.

Most amusing.

Oh no, this is a dark day..............everytime we go away and they have mascots I always comment to my mates that only the really shitty clubs have mascots and that you'd never see one at our place then......................................we only go and get TWO!!   :rant:

Monty & Maggie

Kill me now.

And did my ears deceive me but were they playing clapping on the tannoy just before the teams come out with roars of "United"?

i could be wrong but isnt that the end of 'If the kids are united' by Sham 69, they played it before the villa game too, the last twenty seconds or so is just clapping and cheering and shouts of united, i think, i'll have to dig the cd out to check

And did my ears deceive me but were they playing clapping on the tannoy just before the teams come out with roars of "United"?

i could be wrong but isnt that the end of 'If the kids are united' by Sham 69, they played it before the villa game too, the last twenty seconds or so is just clapping and cheering and shouts of united, i think, i'll have to dig the cd out to check

Aye you're right.

Guest Gemmill

Not that arsed tbh.  I think it's pretty smalltime, but if we're winning games, Sam can stand on the touchline barking orders in Monty's costume if he likes.

maybe they got payed money from the health service for introducing mr and mrs magpie.

Perhaps its to teach kids about safe sex. 

Lets hope that they keep em away from league matches and only let them out of the cage for `family` cup games?!

Guest BooBoo

Who gives a flying monkeys bottom. Its what matters during the game that's of importance, not who or what is faffing about in a daft costume on the sidelines.

Yep. Mickey mouse tastic.

f****** knew it, shocking that like :lol:

Damn right it is, ffs sake man. Its that daft stupid 'if the kids are united' song aswell, just bloody play local hero instead of that crap, cringeworthy.

Its head isn't big enough. Mascots should always have massive heads.

Are you saying that James (aka T27) should be the club mascot?   :parky:

Maybe..... As long as our mascot has an enormous head, I'm easy.