Bentley and Young... and Heskey in the England squad - oh and Lescott

Dave

If Young's got in why hasn't Milner? Been playing at the top for a good while now whereas Young impressed at Watford but then struggled a bit at Villa. Should be given a chance IMO.

As for Bentley, should never play for England again in my eyes.......

Been telling you Young will play for England this year for ages.

Top news for the lad.

Tbf he does play in a position where there isn't really that much quality, England either have Joe Cole there out of position or Downing.

Not to take anything away from the lad, I said him and Carson were likely to make the step up after the Summer, mainly for the reason above.

:lol: Give over.

I think he should have had to wait longer than 2 months to get a game. Maybe not never again, but he should have gone right down the pecking order IMO. Behind Milner at least.

:lol: Give over.

I think he should have had to wait longer than 2 months to get a game. Maybe not never again, but he should have gone right down the pecking order IMO. Behind Milner at least.

Agree. He's missed a friendly, big wow.

Bit disappointed with Walcott not being there, i think he deserves it, he has played well this season so far and his game eally has developed, especially physically and he has that final ball more so than before and he also goes past his man more.  :rant:

Bit disappointed with Walcott not being there, i think he deserves it, he has played well this season so far and his game eally has developed, especially physically and he has that final ball more so than before and he also goes past his man more.  :rant:

Wallcott is only proving that he's the next Kerion Dyer, done nothing at all to deserve a place in the England squad.

He'll probably be in the next squad I reckon, probably a by product of being injured at the start of the season I guess.

On another note; I like how Ferguson gave the press some stick about asking all about Rooney due to him missing England games. Getting seriously pissed off with the Michael Owen thing. I mean, on SSN when they were watching the Barnsley game they were going on saying "No disrespect to Barnsley or Newcastle, but this match is as much to see if Michael Owen is fit for England". Not Cool.

Just how bad does robinson have to play to get dropped from the england squad? not convinced bentley or young deserve to be there yet. but with the pap mclaren includes they cant be any worse. dont think milner should be there either but can see him being upset considering who else is included.

Agree with Bentley being in there, England aren't unfortunately in a position to take the moral high ground. Don't understand picking Young ahead of Milner however Milner has been much more consistent over a longer period of time.

Bentley should have been made an example of. McClaren has shown himself to be a soft touch there, it won't do wonders for his reputation with both the players and the fans. It's not like we're talking about a world class player either, this is David Bentley. I know winning the game is most important right now so a short term view must be taken, but bringing in a big time charlie like him probably isn't what the team needs right now and there'll be plenty willing to get on his back if he doesn't produce the goods.

It's probably for the best that Milner will get a rest though. He had a long hard season and then played with the U21s and at his age we don't want to burn him out. Not to mention that with Solano (possibly) on his way we only have two fit wingers at the club and need to wrap them up in cotton wool.

Guest kingdawson

No way does Walcott deserve to be in the England squad and thats not just because he's a goon,