Time to reflect on this summer transfer window (and what a window it was)

Guest nufc 4 life

Guest nufc 4 life

Well i'd like to say what a sensational transfer window this has turned out to be for the club.

So we've got rid of the dead-wood and recieved some great fees for mediocre players.

We have also given Krul and Carrol the chance to prove themselves at lower-league clubs.

Transfers out

May 2007 Olivier Bernard      DEF      Unattached Released

May 2007 Titus Bramble       DEF      Unattached Released

May 2007 Craig Moore          DEF     Unattached Released

May 2007 Oguchi Onyewu    DEF     Standard Liege Loan ended

May 2007 Pavel Srnicek        GKR     Unattached Released

Jun 2007 Kris Gate                DEF     Unattached Released

Jun 2007 Chris Shanks          DEF     Unattached Released

Jun 2007 Antoine Sibierski    FWD    Unattached Released

Jun 2007 Scott Parker           MID     West Ham United £7m

Jun 2007 Alan O'Brien           MID     Hibernian £200K tbc

Aug 2007 Tim Krul                 GKR     Falkirk 6 month loan

Aug 2007 Andy Carroll          FWD    Preston North End 6 month loan

Aug 2007 Kieron Dyer           MID     West Ham United fee tbc

Aug 2007 Paul Huntington    DEF     Leeds United Undisclosed fee

Aug2007  Nolberto Solano    MID     West Ham United £tbc

Aug 2007  Albert Luque        FWD    Ajax  Undisclosed fee

So after clearing out all the players that were not up to scratch at Newcastle and didn't deserve to be in the squad, basically all the mercenaries. Sam Allardyce brought in some brilliant replacements and for a minimal amout looking at the amounts that some teams have spent this transfer window.

Transfers In

Jun 2007    Mark Viduka         FWD Unattached Free

Jun 2007    Joey Barton          MID Manchester City £5.8M

Jun 2007    David Rozenhal   DEF Paris St.Germain £2.9M & £200K

Jul 2007     Geremi                 DEF Chelsea Free

Aug 2007   Alan Smith           FWD Manchester United tbc

Aug 2007   Cacapa                DEF Free agent Free

Aug 2007   Jose Enrique        DEF Villarreal £6m

Aug 2007   Habib Beye          DEF  Marseille £tbc

Aug 2007   Abdoulaye Faye         DEF Bolton Wanderers £tbc

So we have signed players with vast experience, but also some youth, Barton, Smith and Enrique are all young player, but Smith and Barton also have some experience. We have signed players that have been captain of Champions league sides and players who have proven themselves at the top level.

This is what the club needed.

The revolution truely has begun.

:clap: :frantic: :celb: :angel: :clap2: :yikes: :thup: O0 :clap:

Goodish window I could have done with a least one flair player or a bit more creativity in midfield, but perhaps in Jan. SA is building from the bottom up and we have to respect that for now.

Guest nufc 4 life

Some people expect too much :lol:. Seriously though with what he had to do Sa has done tremendously and you say we need fliar players. N'zgobia will bring you that a fit and firing on all cylinders Emre will bring you that and the same goes for Duff when he is fully fit and pulling out the displays he was doing during his time a t Blackburn.

It would of been nice to get a true playmaker in, but that can come in January or even next seson i don't mind. I am delighted with the squad we have now.

On paper the squad looks a lot stronger, espescially the defence.

The only place we look weaker is on the flanks, and perhaps the only criticism I can make is that we're left with only two fit wingers while £6m was spent on Smith, a player we seemingly did not need in any position (without him we'd still have 5 centre mids and 4 strikers).

Hopefully we'll get away with it until Duff returns in November, it looks like 4-3-3 will be our main formation anyway in which case you can include Martins as a wide player.

We don't know how the foreign players will get on, but on paper things look very positive indeed. Now all we have to do is batter Wigan :D

On paper the squad looks a lot stronger, espescially the defence.

The only place we look weaker is on the flanks, and perhaps the only criticism I can make is that we're left with only two fit wingers while £6m was spent on Smith, a player we seemingly did not need in any position (without him we'd still have 5 centre mids and 4 strikers).

Hopefully we'll get away with it until Duff returns in November, it looks like 4-3-3 will be our main formation anyway in which case you can include Martins as a wide player.

We don't know how the foreign players will get on, but on paper things look very positive indeed. Now all we have to do is batter Wigan :D

Still think we're lacking genuine creativity.

Guest nufc 4 life

Replacing Dyer with Smith looks the only mistake so far, time will tell with the rest of his signings.

Creativity could be a problem for us.

Are you joking Dyer is going to be out for months and months. Who would you want us too replace him with, there aren't many players out there who aren't crocks. Can only think of players like quaresma who would cost a bomb.

As I said in the other thread, I'm more than happy but the addition of a creative force in the middle ala Deco or Riquelme would have made me as giddy as a school girl.

The other concern may be the squad size, it was commonly acknowledged last year that the squad was too small and numbers wise it has gone down (although the strength in depth has undoubtably gone up). we don't have europe to put strain on the squad this time and Sam's methods should also help prevent us from witnessing the regular injury crisis we tend to get at some point in the season. We may still need to bolster in January but time will tell I guess.

As I said in the other thread, I'm more than happy but the addition of a creative force in the middle ala Deco or Riquelme would have made me as giddy as a school girl.

The other concern may be the squad size, it was commonly acknowledged last year that the squad was too small and numbers wise it has gone down (although the strength in depth has undoubtably gone up). we don't have europe to put strain on the squad this time and Sam's methods should also help prevent us from witnessing the regular injury crisis we tend to get at some point in the season. We may still need to bolster in January but time will tell I guess.

This is just the first step on a long road to what we hope is success.

I think we all craved stability at the back first and I think we have got that more than we have had in a long time.

Creativity come next... plenty of time to sort that out