Penalty Taker?

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Owen should take them as our premier goalscorer.

I've said this before but we've been spoilt over the years by Shearer's amazing consistency from the spot. Everyone has to accept the fact that whoever takes them now will miss some. That's why I think it's daft some are discounting certain players because they missed a couple in the past.

Shearer has missed more than you would think for us

It should be Martins though I would be happy with Owen or Viduka taking it too.Definitely not Ameobi.

Why not Shola? If he is on the pitch, he is our best penalty taker IMO.

Why not Milner? He will be on the pitch more than Shola and he seems to be a very good penalty taker.

Don't recall discounting Milner.

Milner has missed for us before, maybe Watford last season? Not that that rules him out or anything like. Emre's was tidy against Pompey last season, I'd happily see him taking them when he's on.

Watford away in the cup. Was a decent enough penalty that was well saved.

It should be Martins though I would be happy with Owen or Viduka taking it too.Definitely not Ameobi.

Why not Shola? If he is on the pitch, he is our best penalty taker IMO.

Why not Milner? He will be on the pitch more than Shola and he seems to be a very good penalty taker.

Don't recall discounting Milner.

Good point, sorry I don't normally get to the end of Ridz posts if it looks like he is trying to be serious :D

Guest prestonj1989

I woud have Owen or Martins depending on who is actually playing as i think BS will play Viduka and one of the others most of the time.

Since we are on the subject of penalty taking , any idea why Arsenal have this policy of not having the player fouled, to get up and take the penalty himself even if he was the designated penalty taken (case in point RVP yesterday). Is there a superior Wenger logic behnid this and hence something we should adopt or should we just go with the player that has been designated? 

Since we are on the subject of penalty taking , any idea why Arsenal have this policy of not having the player fouled, to get up and take the penalty himself even if he was the designated penalty taken (case in point RVP yesterday). Is there a superior Wenger logic behnid this and hence something we should adopt or should we just go with the player that has been designated?  

it is an "old custom" of football that the player fouled shouldn't take the penalty. guess it is because he is too worked up or something....

it is an "old custom" of football that the player fouled shouldn't take the penalty. guess it is because he is too worked up or something....

Did RVP just not take it because he missed last week?

Did RVP just not take it because he missed last week?

According to the ESPN reporter (though not sure how he would know), it was becauseof Arsenal's said policy, and not because RVP missed the last penalty.