New five year deal for N'Zogbia

Dave

Aye, good stuff. :)

Honestly thought we were going to lose this lad for next to nothing this summer. I'm sure he was pretty fucked off towards the end of last season - let's face it, we all were - but he's got his head down and has obviously impressed Allardyce and wouldn't have signed for 5 more years had he not been happy with the club.

PS. Got your text earlier Jon but I couldn't reply.

Honestly thought we were going to lose this lad for next to nothing this summer. I'm sure he was pretty fucked off towards the end of last season - let's face it, we all were - but he's got his head down and has obviously impressed Allardyce and wouldn't have signed for 5 more years had he not been happy with the club.

No worries, wasnt sure if you were back at work or not so thought I would drop you a text to let you know :thup:

No worries, wasnt sure if you were back at work or not so thought I would drop you a text to let you know :thup:

Oh I'm back at work all right... >:(

:lol:

Just in the door, actually shouted "YES!!" really loudly when I saw the thread title.

Dodged a massive bullet, to think we almost lost him for a pittance.

Our best prospect wrapped up for the long term, fucking delighted. :D

if n'zogbia had started this season like he finished last i'd not be too happy at this,however he's had a good start, so good for our squad.

don't see why roeders getting stick over n'zogbia, he bought a good player to compete with him for the place and n'zogbia didn't play well under the pressure. I don't really get whats wrong with that.

So did n'zogbia ever sign that contract that was always " tbc"? Looks like the answer is no.

People like wullie were adamant that he had based on an ambiguous line in the annual report.

Looks like you can con some of the people all of the time, eh Wullie?

Complete rubbish. The statement was as unambiguous as I have ever seen a statement be. Is it beyond your comprehesion that he was offered an extension at the time, which he agreed to, and he was offered another (and better) one now, which he also accepted? I don't see how you think you can take the mickey out of Wullie for something that was published in a year end financial report of the club, audited by one of the most respectable accountancy firms around..

At least if he wants to go to a big club we get some decent money.

Its fucking great news, but lets not pretend that of he wants to go, he won't be going. Thats just the way of football. All we can do is what we are doing - get him signed up and try to fufil our potential. If we do THAT, we'll be laughing.

So did n'zogbia ever sign that contract that was always " tbc"? Looks like the answer is no.

People like wullie were adamant that he had based on an ambiguous line in the annual report.

Looks like you can con some of the people all of the time, eh Wullie?

Complete rubbish. The statement was as unambiguous as I have ever seen a statement be. Is it beyond your comprehesion that he was offered an extension at the time, which he agreed to, and he was offered another (and better) one now, which he also accepted? I don't see how you think you can take the mickey out of Wullie for something that was published in a year end financial report of the club, audited by one of the most respectable accountancy firms around..

Its just sniffer, he HAS to moan about everything. Even great news like this he couldn't possibly just say "Great news, very good player" he has to find something to moan about.

Cheer up sniffer! :lol:

if n'zogbia had started this season like he finished last i'd not be too happy at this,however he's had a good start, so good for our squad.

don't see why roeders getting stick over n'zogbia, he bought a good player to compete with him for the place and n'zogbia didn't play well under the pressure. I don't really get whats wrong with that.

He bought a big name player who was clearly going to be first choice (numerous interviews alluded to the need to protect N'Zogbia from playing a lot of games) regardless of form to take N'Zogbia's place, despite N'Zogbia being our best player the previous season.

Meanwhile the other wasters who N'Zogbia had carried at times in the season kept their places.

Roeder also went out of his way to take the piss out of N'Zogbia's best mate at the club, Boumsong, in public interviews.

Woeful man management at its absolute finest.

Roeder was unable to get the "good player" to perform, and lost the respect of the better player he was there to compete with, amongst others.

He bought a big name player who was clearly going to be first choice (numerous interviews alluded to the need to protect N'Zogbia from playing a lot of games) regardless of form to take N'Zogbia's place, despite N'Zogbia being our best player the previous season.

Meanwhile the other wasters who N'Zogbia had carried at times in the season kept their places.

Roeder also went out of his way to take the piss out of N'Zogbia's best mate at the club, Boumsong, in public interviews.

regardless of form ???? even the most hard bitten of n'zogs fans will admit that last season he was our 3rd best left midfielder behind duff (who was poor) and milner who eclipsed them both.

as for boumsong , i don't really recall him taking the piss but no doubt there many on here who'd think that was the least he deserved.

n'zog last season got what his performances deserved and i'm very pleased he's found his previous seasons form

regardless of form ???? even the most hard bitten of n'zogs fans will admit that last season he was our 3rd best left midfielder behind duff (who was poor) and milner who eclipsed them both.

as for boumsong , i don't really recall him taking the piss but no doubt there many on here who'd think that was the least he deserved.

n'zog last season got what his performances deserved and i'm very pleased he's found his previous seasons form

Duff has never put in a really good performance for us.

he had a couple of OK shows later on in the season where he was adequate,which was better than n'zogs showing last season.

N'Zogbia didn't play well last year, nobody can deny that, but he barely played. He was on the bench for the first game against Wigan while Carr, Babayaro, Moore and Bramble started. That was an absolutely abhorrent way to treat him.

Duff was woeful, N'Zogbia came on, played well, set the winner up.. and was on the bench again. It's no wonder from then on that he knew his time was up under that man, no matter what.

Neither did Zog last season tbf-just shows what a shite man manager Roedent was-even Souness got Zoggy doing the biz.Great news to have secured Charlie as he is a newly adaptable player and will improve.

Not saying he played well last season, obviously he didn't.

Point was more that Roeder almost went out of his way to make it difficult for N'Zogbia, bringing in a big reputation player in to compete with him for his spot.

Ideally the player should get his head down and get on with it, but it's simply not the case in today's game. A talent like N'Zogbia knows he'll get better chances elsewhere, it's up to the manager to keep them happy and Roeder spectaculalrly failed to do that with our best young player.

Not saying he played well last season, obviously he didn't.

Point was more that Roeder almost went out of his way to make it difficult for N'Zogbia, bringing in a big reputation player in to compete with him for his spot.

Ideally the player should get his head down and get on with it, but it's simply not the case in today's game. A talent like N'Zogbia knows he'll get better chances elsewhere, it's up to the manager to keep them happy and Roeder spectaculalrly failed to do that with our best young player.

read it again and see how silly it is.