Freddie Shepherd to buy Leeds?!

Guest sicko2ndbest

oh well.

Whatever.

Can't believe people would rather have Ken bloody Bates than Shepherd mind.

i would rather have Elton fucking John's boyfriend, old man.. debate this

I'm the same age as Allardyce, silly boy.

And if you prefer Ken Bates to Shepherd, you want your brain testing. You clearly don't know much about Bates, or the mess he left Chelsea in .

Didn't they get more European football than Newcastle in his time there?  And buy England internationals?

Is that right? No doubt some will get upset that you want to derail the thread like this, but perhaps you'd care to provide a list of players who were CURRENT regular England internationals who were signed by Chelsea while Bates was Chairman? I can't think of many but then I don't really give a shite about Chelsea and don't follow them that closely.

For example, even though Lampard had played for England once in 1999, he wasn't an established International until a long time later, proven by the fact he wasn't selected for Euro 2000 or the WC in 2002, he didn't become a recognised and regular full England International until after he'd joined Chelsea.  Off the top of my head I can't think of many but perhaps you can since you've brought it up?

Thanks in advance.

As already mentioned, he's much better than Bates as a chairman. I'd actually be quite pleased - if I were a Leeds fan - as this guarantees them some fairly hefty financial backing, especially during the transfer window. Bates is such a shite chairman, though, it's untrue.

oh well.

Whatever.

And if you prefer Ken Bates to Shepherd, you want your brain testing. You clearly don't know much about Bates, or the mess he left Chelsea in .

£80 million in debt and in the Champions League iirc.

EDIT - They also won the FA cup twice, League cup, Uefa cup, European Supercup and the Charity shield while he owned the club.

Why does it say Leeds are "virtually debt free"? Surely that £35m still needs paying off by someone.

Presumably the operations of the club will have been bought off the old company by the new owners, leaving the £35m debt behind to be written off when the old company is liquidated

Certainly if Leeds are back in the top 6 of the Prem under Shepherd, it'll prove he's a better chairman than I've thought in the past.  Now there's no Halls to hold him back, he'll be able to run Leeds just how he wants

Certainly if Leeds are back in the top 6 of the Prem under Shepherd, it'll prove he's a better chairman than I've thought in the past.  Now there's no Halls to hold him back, he'll be able to run Leeds just how he wants

I'm sure that's exactly what the long-suffering Leeds fans are worried about......

oh well.

Whatever.

£80 million in debt and in the Champions League iirc.

EDIT - They also won the FA cup twice, League cup, Uefa cup, European Supercup and the Charity shield while he owned the club.

Performance in the League over the period of an entire season is the only genuine, true and accurate measure.

You can't limit the application of a criteria to selected moments in time just to suit your latest forum point scoring exercise. If you really do insist it's a fair to use these cup competitions as a measure of Ken Bates abilities as a Chairman at Chelsea, then do you agree Ken Bates was a better Chairman at Chelsea than Sir John Hall was at Newcastle?

What forum points scoring exercise is that, tough guy? I'm simply pointing out he left Chelsea in the CL and that they won several cups while he owned the club, have I said anywhere that he was a better chairman than Shepherd or are you jumping to the defense of him again for no reason? I prefer to judge how good someone is on what they've achieved at the club, also how far they've moved the club forward since taking over.

What forum points scoring exercise is that, tough guy? I'm simply pointing out he left Chelsea in the CL and that they won several cups while he owned the club, have I said anywhere that he was a better chairman than Shepherd or are you jumping to the defense of him again for no reason? I prefer to judge how good someone is on what they've achieved at the club, also how far they've moved the club forward since taking over.

Hmm, can't see why you're posting that, like. Bit of a stupid thing to say really.

In a thread about Shepherd taking over Leeds which contains a number of posts implying Shepherd is shite compared to Bates, you make a post listing trophies won by Chelsea while Bates was Chairman. What was the reason for you posting that information? Was it to show us all that you have knowledge of Chelsea or was it to imply Batees was a better Chairman at Chelsea than Shepherd was at Newcastle? Maybe it was both. What I do know for sure is that it certainly wasn't made to show Shepherd was a better Chairman than Bates.

For example, even though Lampard had played for England once in 1999, he wasn't an established International until a long time later, proven by the fact he wasn't selected for Euro 2000 or the WC in 2002, he didn't become a recognised and regular full England International until after he'd joined Chelsea.  Off the top of my head I can't think of many but perhaps you can since you've brought it up?

Thanks in advance.

Le Saux is one

oh well.

Whatever.

i would rather have Elton f****** John's boyfriend, old man.. debate this

That could be a matter of debate. Chelsea won a fair bit under Bates. Both Shepherd and Bates left their clubs heavily in debt, very similar levels of debt at that. The mess Chelsea were left in resulted in them winning the league twice as they were an attractive proposition to a billionaire.

That's one way of putting it. Not the only one though.

Thanks in advance.

Le Saux is one

No, he wasn't.

Thanks in advance.

Le Saux is one

No, he wasn't.

How not?  I'm not arguing, just wondering

edit: actually i am arguing, re-signed for Chelsea August 97, and heres his England caps record

http://www.englandstats.com/playerreport.php?pid=583

how can you say no he wasnt, given his caps either side of the transfer