Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

Couple of Liverpool fans I've spoken to today want shot of Rafa now... and the American owners.

One even hopes that Inter do them tonight to get shot of Benitez... he's not exactly a "local" fan though...

Guest Slippery Sam

Cracks papered over for another few weeks and all that.

It's quite a good result really for us neutrals who are watching and enjoying the happenings at the greatest club in the world. The Scousers don't know what to do or say now  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif The majority want 'Rafa' out and want to shout abuse, but with results like last night papering over the cracks none of them want to make themselves heard mackems.gif

I think I have hearing problems though. 'Another great european night at Anfield' was quite quite at times  ???

Guest king harry

As a match going red who ls scouse, id like to say that scouse reds dont hate none scouse fans, thye hate fans who mouth off on phone ins etc, that only go one match a year etc. We have some great fans who go every match from diffrent parts of the country and indeed ireland.

As for the percentage who want Rafa out, id put it at about 30% of matchgoing reds at the most. Im one of them.

As a match going red who ls scouse, id like to say that scouse reds dont hate none scouse fans, thye hate fans who mouth off on phone ins etc, that only go one match a year etc. We have some great fans who go every match from diffrent parts of the country and indeed ireland.

As for the percentage who want Rafa out, id put it at about 30% of matchgoing reds at the most. Im one of them.

Good lad.

what are your reasons for wanting him gone and who do you think will do a better job?

Guest king harry

what are your reasons for wanting him gone and who do you think will do a better job?

Thats the same question loads of our own fans have asked me, because ive been quite vocal.

First the reasons i want him out. Basically i think his team selections are completly dubious. Yes  he picks his best players 90% of the time. But how players like Kewell, play regualr, when we have good young players like Babbel on the bench amaze me. Babbel is still learning the game but the only way to learn is to play often, although to be fair last night was his 3rd consecutive game. I will never understand why he constantly plays our crap reserve keeper in cup matches, its not as if Reina is going to get tired. Also all to often we only see the best of Liverpool in the last 20 minutes of the game when we start proper attacking, why we carnt do that from the first minute i dont know.

And basically i think although he has done wonders for the club, remember Liverpool and Newcastle were in very similar posistions, when we played you on the last day of the season. Houllier left then and Rafa come in, Robson left a few games into the next season. But i do belive he has took us as far as he ever will, and someone needs to come in and take us up that next step before we go backwards.

Who to take over, honestly i dont know, but if that attitude stopped us from changing managers we would still have souness. To be honest i think we missed the boat a bit with Ramos, spurs have gone from being in the worst Three teams in the premiership in September (remember how bad they were against everton) to in my opionion, looking better than Liverpool look now. Then theres Jose, people say he was good at Chelsea because of the amount of money he spent, but i dont remember him spending that much at Porto.

What i will say in favour of Benitez, if you look at all the players he bought, and all the players he sold, he has spent less than 20 million a year. About the price of an average Manchester united midfielder. The only players he has spent more than 10 million on, are Torres, Alonso and Babbel, Two very good players, and one who may be in the future.

I hope im proved very much wrong about Rafa, but i seriously doubt it.

Thats the same question loads of our own fans have asked me, because ive been quite vocal.

First the reasons i want him out. Basically i think his team selections are completly dubious. Yes  he picks his best players 90% of the time. But how players like Kewell, play regualr, when we have good young players like Babbel on the bench amaze me. Babbel is still learning the game but the only way to learn is to play often, although to be fair last night was his 3rd consecutive game. I will never understand why he constantly plays our crap reserve keeper in cup matches, its not as if Reina is going to get tired. Also all to often we only see the best of Liverpool in the last 20 minutes of the game when we start proper attacking, why we carnt do that from the first minute i dont know.

And basically i think although he has done wonders for the club, remember Liverpool and Newcastle were in very similar posistions, when we played you on the last day of the season. Houllier left then and Rafa come in, Robson left a few games into the next season. But i do belive he has took us as far as he ever will, and someone needs to come in and take us up that next step before we go backwards.

Who to take over, honestly i dont know, but if that attitude stopped us from changing managers we would still have souness. To be honest i think we missed the boat a bit with Ramos, spurs have gone from being in the worst Three teams in the premiership in September (remember how bad they were against everton) to in my opionion, looking better than Liverpool look now. Then theres Jose, people say he was good at Chelsea because of the amount of money he spent, but i dont remember him spending that much at Porto.

What i will say in favour of Benitez, if you look at all the players he bought, and all the players he sold, he has spent less than 20 million a year. About the price of an average Manchester united midfielder. The only players he has spent more than 10 million on, are Torres, Alonso and Babbel, Two very good players, and one who may be in the future.

I think Babbel is a work in progress, but I'd rather start him than Kewell, I'm with you on that.

The reason the team holds back is cause he doesn't let the full backs maraud till the end of the game if you need a goal.

Ultimately for all his muppetry SA was right in the sense that RB is too cautious for the PL.

Needs to drop Kuyt who is dreadful and Pennant was a terrible buy as well.

Guest king harry

Pennant - i had no time for him, he is good at beating his man and puting crosses in, trouble is only 20% of crosses are good ones. But i think he has been ok lately. Defintly improving

Babel. Babbel left years ago.

So your reason for wanting shot of Rafa is that he only picks he absolute strongest side 90% of the time, quite likely in response to factors of which someone outside the club couldn't possibly have an idea?

Do you have a source for that Herr P?

Tom Hicks and George Gillett to sell Liverpool

By David Bond

Last Updated: 7:31am GMT 26/02/2008

Liverpool's American owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, are understood to be just weeks from agreeing a deal with Dubai International Capital which could see the club change hands for the second time in just over a year.

Telegraph TV: Football and Premier League highlights

Liverpool homepage | Football fans' forum

In pics: Premier League action

After months of fraught talks, DIC are increasingly confident that they will not only reach an agreement soon with the Americans but also with the two banks, Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia, who have just completed a £350 million refinancing of the club.

We're out: Liverpool journey over for George Gillett Jr and Tom Hicks

DIC's advisers have set themselves a deadline of the middle of next month to conclude the first part of a two-stage takeover process which, when complete, will be worth between £400m and £450m and includes provision for the club's increased debts.

In the next few days bankers working for DIC, the investment arm of the Maktoum royal family, are expected to be granted permission to start examining Liverpool's books with a view to tabling a formal offer.

Gillett, whose relationship with Hicks has broken down, will be first to sell out and is understood to have already agreed in principle to offload his 50 per cent stake.

But Hicks is refusing to sell out in one go. In the short term, at least, he is expected to remain on the board.

advertisement

DIC plan to dilute his holding, initially by injecting further funds into the club to not only cover the new

18-month bank loan but also to help pay for the proposed new stadium and buy players. DIC want to secure a deal where Hicks sells out completely later on.

Having spent the first part of last week in Dubai, where he was seeking new backers for his US investment company, Hicks Holdings, he then flew to London on Thursday for two days of talks with DIC's advisers.

One potential stumbling block is the exact nature of the initial shareholder agreement between DIC and Hicks. It is understood his demands to retain control of the club following Gillett's exit have been rebuffed.

Under the terms of the £220m takeover deal concluded by Hicks and Gillett last February, no partner can sell out without first offering his 50 per cent stake to the other. Hicks has tried to raise the money to seize complete control but with the credit crunch hitting his businesses, he has failed.

If DIC succeed, they will aim to restore stability to a club after a period of unprecedented turbulence.