Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

Oh dear. Poor, bitter, deluded, non trophy winning Newcastle fans 

You'd kill to have a manager like "Benny" even acknowledge your existence.

:celb:

Aye, do me a favour mate, remind me of the score the last time we played your lot?

Bye knobrash

/

:morph:

Remembering to appreciate what you've got is important :)

No need for his intervention at all. Not sure i agree with Parky after tonight though  :lol:

No need for his intervention at all. Not sure i agree with Parky after tonight though  :lol:

Rafa's Liverpool have rarely had a problem pulling out a fucking cracking performance when they desperately need it, that's why they've done so well in the Champions League and cup competitions in general.  It's the fact that, unless the situation does it for him, he can't motivate his players to beat the likes of us or Birmingham with any degree of consistancy, and that's why Liverpool can't win the premier league.  Last night doesn't really change that, it shows that Besiktas are a fucking woeful team by Chamions League standards and that Liverpool are more than capable of beating them blindfolded - but Rafa couldn't get them to get the job done without it being a crucial make-or-break match.

Bye knobrash

/

Bit harsh to ban him, poor lad has probs been waiting weeks to be able to say it :)

Bye knobrash

/

Thank christ for that.

• 3 weeks later...

Benny as ever ready to blame everybody else:

"Rafael Benitez insisted he never enjoyed mind games with Jose Mourinho but he used his press conference yesterday to send a pointed message to Liverpool's owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett, and cast major doubt over his future.

Hicks and Gillett are not prepared to discuss transfer targets until they meet Benitez next month and the Spaniard is clearly deeply unhappy at being told he cannot immediately tie up Javier Mascherano, who is being targeted by Barcelona, on a permanent basis for a £17 million fee that he has negotiated.

Deeply unhappy: Rafael Benitez is concerned that Liverpool could miss out on two major signings

He is also worried that dithering could enable Manchester United or Real Madrid to beat him to the signing of Racing Santander's Argentine defender, Ezequiel Garay."

£17fuckingmillion?!

Like we can talk.

Certainly not, doesn't change the fact that it's a ridiculously high figure for that player.

Disagree. I think he's tremendous. I'd be delighted if City usurped the deal as has been reported in some quarters.

£17m hardly ridiculous for a player in the top 3 in that position in the world with potential to be the best. Man u paid that for Carrick and Hargreaves.