Look out! little mickey's back just in time for England! Will he return fit?

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Owen named in England squad.  Hardly surprising.

BBC;  "McClaren has spoken to Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce and has given the England striker the green light for the double header, where six points would see England virtually into next summer's finals."

Perhaps he will play some part on sunday then.

Owen named in England squad.  Hardly surprising.

BBC;  "McClaren has spoken to Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce and has given the England striker the green light for the double header, where six points would see England virtually into next summer's finals."

Perhaps he will play some part on sunday then.

That's fucking weak, if true. Big Sam's in for a bloody rollicking if he comes back injured.

In the squad for Sunday

MICHAEL Owen was back in training with his Newcastle United team-mates on Friday and could be included in the squad to face Everton this weekend.

The 27-year-old underwent two operations in Germany last weekend in a bid to cure the troublesome groin injury which saw him limp out of the last month's fixtures with Derby and West Ham.

But, with that surgery having been deemed a success, gaffer Sam Allardyce says that Owen could be in line for a place on the Magpies bench when David Moyes' men come to St.James' Park on Sunday.

"He has joined in training this morning and we are very pleased about that," said Big Sam.

"He has been away for his one-on-one work with Mark Taylor, our head of Sports Science and Medicine.

"He has come through his first session with the lads this morning OK and, as long as there's no reaction, we'll ask him tomorrow morning how it is. If it's fine he'll join in again and should be fit to join the squad on Sunday, which is good news.

"But we have to bear in mind what Michael has been through recently and I'm always very protective for the future and I won't risk Michael Owen too early.

"Every player thinks they are fit to play when they return from injury, but sometimes as a manager you have to look a bit deeper and make that decision."

Owen was included in Steve McClaren's England squad on Friday for their forthcoming Euro 2008 Qualifiers with Estonia and Russia and the United boss says that the club's record signing will only play for the Three Lions if he is 100% fit.

"It is nothing to do with Steve McClaren and England what I do with Michael Owen," said Sam.

"It is what I think is the best for the football club and the team on Sunday, and Michael Owen all combined.

"I have never been one to ask somebody to play and risk being injured again.

"I take my medical staff's information, the highly-qualified staff I have got, and I take their recommendation.

"Unless I am really, really desperate - and I mean really desperate - I would not ask a player to go out there who I do not think is going to complete the game, or is going to make his condition worse than it already is.

"If he is fit, he is fit. If he plays on Sunday, then obviously he is fit to play for England then.

"But I have to look at my position first and make sure if I am going to select him, he is 100 per cent able to do what I want him to do."

What's his ratio now then in terms of NUFC appearances vs England ones since August 2005?

Who cares?

Me.

But why? I dont really understand people hating Owen for playing for England. He aint the 1 picking the England squads and even if he refused England could stop him playing for Newcastle just like France threaten Makelele.

I'm really sick of him and it's no fault of anyones.  He's a good player when fit, it's just he hasn't been for us and it's frustrating as fuck.  I hope he either never gets injured again or gets so badly injured he never plays again.  (getting rid would be sufficient, but I don't want him to do well for anyone else as that will just spark further bollocks)

Just fucking sick of the whole thing.  Who's with me? ;) :lol:

He's just joined in training today barely a week after surgery. If Barton's not fit to join the squad after playing a reserve game and having a much longer recovery period, I don't see how a perennial crock like Owen can suddenly be declared fit for consideration in two days time.

Guest JamesD

He's just joined in training today barely a week after surgery. If Barton's not fit to join the squad after playing a reserve game and having a much longer recovery period, I don't see how a perennial crock like Owen can suddenly be declared fit for consideration in two days time.

because Owen hasn't really lost his cardio fitness due to the injury, while barton hasn't had any competitive football this season.