Man City 3 - 1 Newcastle - 29/09/2007 - Post match reaction from page 19

Wullie

Guest firetotheworks

As we're away from home I can only see sam making a straight swap of Nzogbia for Enrique if he does at all. I cant see him breaking up a defensive midfield, although Id like him to.

Not a Smith fan but I think he has done ok in the role he has been put in today.

What roles that, I can't seem to work it out?  Milner is playing both left and right wings, whilst Smith just seems to be ambling about like a hippo with a bong shoved up his backside.

Lucky not to be a couple down, but a good first half to watch.

Taylor and Beye to blame for the goal, looked fuckin awful defending.

For me I would have to blame Beye, 2 players were looking after one player in the centre and a player coming from the (our) right stole in and got a shot it.

nah.. they just caught us quick.. there was no time for anybody to get back near the ball

It was a quick break from an excellent ball so it would be harsh to say "so and so is shit, he shouldn't have..." but Beye did go for the wrong man. Still looks a good player.

Taylor's struggled, and we have no left-back. Open game, either team can win it. We should have made the most of some very good positions. City pass it well. We should have had an indirect free-kick in the box from a backpass.

Get Butt off and get Ricky on push Zoggy up.

- w.t.f is going on with Smith? He seems to be spending so much time just ambling around the pitch, its like he's on acid and has just spotted a seagull!

Not sure what this means but it must be a good description of Smith's play today.

What happens anyway when youre on acid and you spot a seagull?

i wouldn't say n'zogbia's problems have been caused by having no support down the left. mosyt of the times he's been caught out is when we've defended high up the pitch and they've lofted a ball over the top. beye and taylor have been caught out by this too.

geremi and smith have played pretty well, aside from a few slack passes, but both have been forward thinking with their passing and with their runs upfield. butt been a little anonymous. Viduka played ok in patches, but is not getting enough of the ball. martins by far our best player so far, doing a lot of good things. can see both sides scoring again in this half.