Sack Big Sam

Decky

f****** hell man!!!!

for now, just get results and points on the board - be happy with it.

work on the type of football later.

all that matters for now is winning - something we didn't do enough of last season.

and Jay Jay, should we pick up the rags tomorrow, or switch on skysports news to find out Allardyce has got the chop - who would you want to replace him? REALISTICALLY.

Well responding to your question leaves me nicely open for a torrent of abuse but that appeals and is good for further debate so.........given that I think Allardyce is just not cutting the mustard......................and Wenger and Ferguson are not realistic targets.......2 year contract........Mark Hughes......

interesting.

I can't think of anything Hughes has over Allardyce tbh

f****** hell man!!!!

all that matters for now is winning - something we didn't do enough of last season.

and Jay Jay, should we pick up the rags tomorrow, or switch on skysports news to find out Allardyce has got the chop - who would you want to replace him? REALISTICALLY.

Well responding to your question leaves me nicely open for a torrent of abuse but that appeals and is good for further debate so.........given that I think Allardyce is just not cutting the mustard......................and Wenger and Ferguson are not realistic targets.......2 year contract........Mark Hughes......

You're so confident you'd give him a two year contract

f****** hell man!!!!

And why would Mark Hughes, or for that matter any manager whose career is quite clearly on the up, want to join a club which had appointed one of the most respected managers in the league then sacked him after 7 games?

What kind of message do you think that would send?

Absolutely remarkable some of the comments here, really.

Sam's got them playing too defensive for most of the games, but certainly away from home. And there's no sense trying to defend a goal down. If we'd attacked Arsenal would we have won? I don't know. If we'd attacked Derby would we have won, almost certainly yes.

A question with a caveat, I'm no Keegan worshipper being far too old for that, but as a very obvious contrast of styles..

If Keegan had picked the team today and sent them out would we have lost 3-1?

Guest Redcar Mag

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Sounds like a spoilt bairn. NUFC's finest supporter? Don't make me laugh.

what do you want me to say?

it isnt good enough, ITS A FACT! what else can i say

I suggest you read the post I made about four above your original.

And I suggest you wake up and smelL the coffee and see what drivel has been served up thus far this season.  You think this will improve vastly over the coming months? Not a great deal imo.  With all players 100% fit and zero selection issues, Allardyce just has a knack for employing a dated, boring and f*cking on occasions, senseless and tactically w*nk brand of football.

Ah right, I didn't realise Rome was built in a day.

So not only do we have to win every game, we have to do it playing like the Brazil of the '70s. I see.

And who the f*ck said that we have to win every game or do it playing like Brazil?  Not me.  We've got some good players but Allardyce  doesn't know how to use them.  Some would argue that it will take more than 7 PL games to work out who fits where but already we know where the likes of Smith does/does not fit.  Allardyce doesn't.

I'm pretty sure he's a better judge of a footballer than you are kidda.

If someone had said to you at the start of the season by the end of september we'd be a point behind Chelsea with a game in hand but the football has been a bit up and down would you have taken it?

Guest Redcar Mag

In classic Keegan style we'd have lost 4-3 to a last minute breakaway goal.

Guest Redcar Mag

You may well be right about that 4-3, but I bet people wouldn't be bitching about it the way they are now. :)

No, they'd be bitching about something else.

Guest Redcar Mag

Jesus Wept!

I can't believe that Newcastle "supporters" are actually advocating sacking Sam Allardyce.

Why don't you post '92 band wagon merchants just fuck off and support one of the "big four" you glory hunting cunts!

There is definitely an element of our support who were spoilt during that time and can't accept that 'The Entertainers' era came to an end.

Guest Redcar Mag

I bet some of the idiots wanting Allardyce out will be the same blokes who berated Fat Fred for sacking managers in the first few weeks of  the season.

Well said Noisewater.

I pointed out after the Derby game that Jose Mourinho's first ten games at Chelsea, having spent £80m or something on a side that had over £100m spent on it the previous summer, were dire. Very few goals scored, a few 0-0s, a few 1-0s and a defeat against a much worse City side than the one we played today.

Some people thought "new manager, billionaire owner, Champions League within a year, title challenge within three, nailed on" and they're getting a rude awakening. Serves them right for being so stupid.

I bet some of the idiots wanting Allardyce out will be the same blokes who berated Fat Fred for sacking managers in the first few weeks of  the season.

You're not expecting consistancy and cohesive reasoning from your fellow posters are you?  :kasper:

Seriously i couldnt believe the match thread today, i couldnt believe people where making comments like "time for Big Sam to go". WTF are these people smoking? Are they morons, WUMs or just the type of charva scum you see on s*** websites like Bebo and MySpace writing comments like "OMG da Toon a fuckn luv dem lik, we r gannin win the world cup sumday".

Name & shame all these people

What the fuck! is this the Spanish Inquisition?

I feel our biggest problem with squad is definitely the midfield, we don't have a play maker at the moment, can't wait for Emre to get a proper game or even Barton if we are going to play 4-3-3,  which it seems we are! I would like to see Zoggs, Emre/Barton and Geremi. Would love to see Deco here hopefully King Ashley gives Sam the cash for someone like him. I myself would like to see Sam see out his full term only then when he gets the players who can play his beloved 4-3-3 can we really judge him.

Sam's got them playing too defensive for most of the games, but certainly away from home. And there's no sense trying to defend a goal down. If we'd attacked Arsenal would we have won? I don't know. If we'd attacked Derby would we have won, almost certainly yes.

A question with a caveat, I'm no Keegan worshipper being far too old for that, but as a very obvious contrast of styles..

Love your avater

This sort of negativity makes me despair. We've played seven fucking games of the new season, it's not even the end of September and yet some are writing off the new regime. I don't know if some of you have noticed, but there are nineteen other teams in this league all trying to win, all striving to improve, so at times it's going to be hard going. No one is just going to roll over for us. We have no divine right to a top six finish and no one in the entire world of sport wins every game and plays well every week. If that's what you're after, give up on football and go and see the Harlem Globetrotters.

Post-SBR we've had what, three seasons of fairly shite, mediocre football? To expect that to be changed into some sort of samba-football-playing, title-challenging side in one transfer window (in which we went through the upheaval of an ownership change don't forget) is more than a bit fanciful don't you think?

There has been a huge change in a relatively short period of time, and for that we should count ourselves lucky. Look how long it took the mackems to get rid of Murray, look how long Villa had to put up with Ellis. Now we have got the new guys putting in the work, building the structure to make us more successful. They'll have their own methods, want to get there own people on board, I think that's understandable. Some players they bring in might not work out but I reckon most will, Sam certainly seems to do his homework. Maybe some of the players aren't going to get us to the Champions League but hopefully they'll get us going in the right direction.

Don't you think they deserve more than a few short months to get the pieces in place and for things to bed down, to give us a foundation to build on?

I do.

People's arses are going early. Good post.

To think if we have attacked againt Derby, we will win certainly is a real joke.  This is why we are a joke in football, you honestly think we have the dvine right to win the likes of Derby, can win Arsenal or City???? Pls be realistic, we are not Arsenl/ManU or even  top 10 side. We are still in the midst of evolution under a new manager.  The fact that Man City has overtaken us in quality and standing is a seperate issue....yes they obviously take a shorter time to become a top side so lets not be sour losers and congrats them on their transformation.  As for us so called NUFC fans, stop bitching and dreaming and get behind the team.  Another poor claim, you honestly think we can win with a Keegan's side...chances of being thumped 8-0 is higher than a win.

I think the problem with us fans is that we cannot accept the fact (which is a fact for the last few seasons) is that sides supposedly inferior to us have overaken us and that we are no longer a top side which other teams feared.  In addition, we no longer have really quality players; having an vastly overrated player in Taylor as our best CB and an injury prone Owen who has done nothing for us yet.  The only decent players seem to be Martins and Zoggy who are likely be poached by bigger clubs in the near future and an aging Viduka. In fact now teams look forward to play us.  Like  my man city fan mate said, they are all egging on the team to attack Taylor knowing he is a weak point and as he said, the only player he wants in his Man City side is Martins. In those days, he has quoted Robert, Shearer, Given, Sir Les, Ginola and even Batty. Also, my face turned red when other NUFC fans touted Taylor as better than Richards and a future England Captain; because I know that is totally silly.  Anyhow, my mate was nice enough to shut them up or I would really have to dig a hole and hide.  Me quoting this incident of myself with my mate and his Man city friends are a reflection of some of our fans and thus the bitterness that has suffice in the forum.  Another evidence that is that my mate and his friends all predicted a 3-0 win before the game and said this is a "should win" game.  Bet few seasons back they will be happy with a 1-0 loss.  Its sad but true we have fallen deep and hard from previous highs.

Im not going to join in with the idiots in asking Big Sam to resign but I have to say that before he was hired,Sven was my favourite for the job.But anyway,at the end of the day,Big Sam was hired,made some good signings,still early of the season,we just need to be more patient.We cant continue sacking managers because of only a few poor results.We have to look at the long term rather than the short one.

I would have been pissed off if we lost to the goal at the start of the second half, but we lost to unstoppable free kick so it made it easier to take.  Milner should of had a pen. Taylor was shockingly crap today and his lack of pace showed.  Zoggy and Smith gave the ball away too much.

The one annoying thing was the fact that Man City broke in one flowing move straight to our goal where as everytime we broke foward we stopped about 2 thirds up and let them get back.