Joey Barton on Newcastle/England...

Nicky

Guest scousertommy

I agree, I really like what I'm hearing from barton....so what if he is/was a bit of a nutcase, we need some ratbags on our team. And the guy clearly has a lot of passion and isn't afraid to admit he doesn't know everything, I think he has the potential to learn a lot under sam.

And yeah mickey can go shove it, martins may not be as good yet but at least he's not a sick note with little interest in the club.

I've got to say - as an outsider - most of you are f****** nuts!! Barton has played a grand total of 0 minutes for you and he's a hero because he's had a pop at your best player?Honest to God, you're not easily swayed in the slightest are you?

hasn't it occured to you that he and his agent (and btw, those two deserve each other) have sat down and thought "right, i've done f*** all for the club that has just spent millions on me but they're all having a go at Owen - if I do the same then I'm guaranteed a cheer when i eventually make it onto the pitch". Seems to have worked an' all  :rolleyes:

Before Owen joined you he stated publicly that he'd rather have come back to Anfield, however your chairman decided to spend £5m more than Liverpool had provisionally agreed with Madrid in order to force Owens hand - either he spent another year on Madrids bench (despite having the best goals - to - minutes ratio in Spain) or he joined you with a clause in his contract(that Shepherd at the time denied - not like him to lie to Newcastle fans, was it?) that said he could rejoin LIverpool (or anyone in the top 4) if they offered £12m.

You knew that at the time, and yet you still were tricked by Shepherd into vturning up to greet/.emotionally blackmail Owen. D'you know what? I hope he does go in Jan - then all you silly f****** who are demanding he leaves may get your wish to see the full development of Martins  :idiot2:

I agree, I really like what I'm hearing from barton....so what if he is/was a bit of a nutcase, we need some ratbags on our team. And the guy clearly has a lot of passion and isn't afraid to admit he doesn't know everything, I think he has the potential to learn a lot under sam.

And yeah mickey can go shove it, martins may not be as good yet but at least he's not a sick note with little interest in the club.

I've got to say - as an outsider - most of you are f****** nuts!! Barton has played a grand total of 0 minutes for you and he's a hero because he's had a pop at your best player?Honest to God, you're not easily swayed in the slightest are you?

hasn't it occured to you that he and his agent (and btw, those two deserve each other) have sat down and thought "right, i've done f*** all for the club that has just spent millions on me but they're all having a go at Owen - if I do the same then I'm guaranteed a cheer when i eventually make it onto the pitch". Seems to have worked an' all  :rolleyes:

Before Owen joined you he stated publicly that he'd rather have come back to Anfield, however your chairman decided to spend £5m more than Liverpool had provisionally agreed with Madrid in order to force Owens hand - either he spent another year on Madrids bench (despite having the best goals - to - minutes ratio in Spain) or he joined you with a clause in his contract(that Shepherd at the time denied - not like him to lie to Newcastle fans, was it?) that said he could rejoin LIverpool (or anyone in the top 4) if they offered £12m.

You knew that at the time, and yet you still were tricked by Shepherd into vturning up to greet/.emotionally blackmail Owen. D'you know what? I hope he does go in Jan - then all you silly f****** who are demanding he leaves may get your wish to see the full development of Martins  :idiot2:

Look mate, if you love Owen so much why don't you fucking buy him? Waiting till the price is right and Owen's fitness is proven beyond doubt like all the other big boys? Fine...but don't lecture us on 'commitment'. If you wanted him you could have him but you don't - so end of story.

I am guessing Joey has absorbed local feelings on the Michael Owen issue & come up with this beauty of a press release to gain flavor.  Not since Andrew Cole quit international football have I seen such rubbish from someone talking about the international career they never had & never will have.

Barton is decent enough player but if he was as good as his gob he wouldnt be playing for us.

Michael Owen is.

He is playing for us for two reasons the first being we gazumped all/other bidders when we signed him & his pal Alan Shearer was here at the time. This summer nobody was prepared to gamble approx £10 million + massive wages on a crock. Does that clear it up for you?

So if Joey Barton was as good as his gob he COULD be playing here? That clear it up? :razz:

Guest scousertommy

hasn't it occured to you that he and his agent (and btw, those two deserve each other) have sat down and thought "right, i've done f*** all for the club that has just spent millions on me but they're all having a go at Owen - if I do the same then I'm guaranteed a cheer when i eventually make it onto the pitch". Seems to have worked an' all  :rolleyes:

You knew that at the time, and yet you still were tricked by Shepherd into vturning up to greet/.emotionally blackmail Owen. D'you know what? I hope he does go in Jan - then all you silly f****** who are demanding he leaves may get your wish to see the full development of Martins  :idiot2:

Look mate, if you love Owen so much why don't you f****** buy him? Waiting till the price is right and Owen's fitness is proven beyond doubt like all the other big boys? Fine...but don't lecture us on 'commitment'. If you wanted him you could have him but you don't - so end of story.

Well there's a nicely reasoned debate if ever I saw one... :rolleyes:

Personally speaking, I would take him back at Anfield in a flash (esp. if we could swap him for Crouch) but it ain't going to happen because Rafa seems to be as stubborn as you like and would rather sign an unknown Spaniard/Frenchman /Venutian than admit he made a mistake signing Crouchy instead of re-signing Owen.

However, I just don't know what he's done so wrong for most of you to turn on him so badly - There must be something in the water up there because it seems a hell of a lot of you are mind readers, you know exactly what he's thinking (even when it's contradictory) at any given time.

I've met a few people that know/knew Owen and his family pretty well and they all say that he's a decent guy, it just seems strange to me that you're having a go at him for absolutely no need, he obviously didn't want to get injured - an ACL injury is probably the worst injury you can get, for him to go through all the re hab only to be booed on his return, I'm sorry but I just can't understand the logic of that at all. It'll just drive him out (and his price down)- I can't see how Newcastle can win if the crowd keep getting on his back - If you were a top class player would you join Newcastle after listening to geordies fill the airwaves giving someone grief for representing their country?

Whos demanding he leaves?

Personally, I don't have a problem with Owen. Nor do I have a problem with what Joey Barton said.  :nope:

Sorry, and do the 20k thousand (mostly children), who turned up to 'emotionally' blackmail Owen, represent the entire population of Newcastle fans?

The majority of Newcastle fans were worrying about our defensive failures at the time, not gawping at Owen. See, this is the problem with people looking in from the outside, they only see the minority extreme opinions, not the sensible majority opinions, like the folks that turn up at the gate week in week out.

Christ almighty. For the last time the crowd was booing the decision to take crowd favourte Martins off and NOT to boo Owen onto the pitch. You've been reading too much rubbish in the tabloids Tommy.

Christ almighty. For the last time the crowd was booing the decision to take crowd favourte Martins off and NOT to boo Owen onto the pitch. You've been reading too much rubbish in the tabloids Tommy.

Spot on but that is the danger of booing, it can easily be misconstrued and spun by media with agenda. Owen clearly thought that the booing is for him coz he cupped his hands to his ears after he scored which is traditionally a gesture that players do when fans are not supportive of them. 

Look mate, if you love Owen so much why don't you f****** buy him? Waiting till the price is right and Owen's fitness is proven beyond doubt like all the other big boys? Fine...but don't lecture us on 'commitment'. If you wanted him you could have him but you don't - so end of story.

Well there's a nicely reasoned debate if ever I saw one... :rolleyes:

Personally speaking, I would take him back at Anfield in a flash (esp. if we could swap him for Crouch) but it ain't going to happen because Rafa seems to be as stubborn as you like and would rather sign an unknown Spaniard/Frenchman /Venutian than admit he made a mistake signing Crouchy instead of re-signing Owen.

However, I just don't know what he's done so wrong for most of you to turn on him so badly - There must be something in the water up there because it seems a hell of a lot of you are mind readers, you know exactly what he's thinking (even when it's contradictory) at any given time.

I've met a few people that know/knew Owen and his family pretty well and they all say that he's a decent guy, it just seems strange to me that you're having a go at him for absolutely no need, he obviously didn't want to get injured - an ACL injury is probably the worst injury you can get, for him to go through all the re hab only to be booed on his return, I'm sorry but I just can't understand the logic of that at all. It'll just drive him out (and his price down)- I can't see how Newcastle can win if the crowd keep getting on his back - If you were a top class player would you join Newcastle after listening to geordies fill the airwaves giving someone grief for representing their country?

Rafa won't have Owen back because he stabbed him in the back and went to Real from what I can recall. Played the market like a pro by waiting till his contract at Liverpool was worth less than a fat signing on fee at Madrid. He's a Liverpudlian born and bred, and desperate to come back to Liverpool in your own words.

Now why don't YOU appreciate him and accomodate his wish? Buy him for £9m and Fat Fred himself will carry him back for you. No point in asking Crouchy to carry him, his legs would probably snap.

I am guessing Joey has absorbed local feelings on the Michael Owen issue & come up with this beauty of a press release to gain flavor.  Not since Andrew Cole quit international football have I seen such rubbish from someone talking about the international career they never had & never will have.

Barton is decent enough player but if he was as good as his gob he wouldnt be playing for us.

Michael Owen is.

He is playing for us for two reasons the first being we gazumped all/other bidders when we signed him & his pal Alan Shearer was here at the time. This summer nobody was prepared to gamble approx £10 million + massive wages on a crock. Does that clear it up for you?

So if Joey Barton was as good as his gob he COULD be playing here? That clear it up? :razz:

I can see where we are going wiht this, so I will speed things along. If Joey Barton was Michael Owen yes he COULD play for us. :razz:

Guest mobiius

Have to agree with the above from Dr Spectrum, to a degree.

I think its probably a lot easier to dismiss England when you aren't a regular/important player in the England squad.

Would we be hearing the same from Barton if he was a well established England international?

i don't agree with with dr spectrum think there is a bit sour grapes there cos joey left them to come to us. tbh Joey barton would say exactly the same regardless of wether he played table tennis at a boys club never mind a well established England international. its a good thing in ways but it has its flip side which the media wastes no time in pointing out. It may or may not of been a dig at owen but who gives a shit if it was. we pay owens wages so we should be his priority.But then again all this owen england bollocks is selling papers in the run up to the internationals. do you think crouch/raffa would get the same media coverage.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that he's starting on the park, can everyone stop wanking over Barton please?

For all his talk and all the hype he was utter ratsh*t today. All the man-on-man touching about his passion and his playmaking skills... lets put it on hold for a while.

He was the softest man on the pitch in the first half, and he was a perfect playmaker... for pompey, half of whos attacks were started by his miskicks.

Joey Barton. Less Talk. More passing to a black and white shirt. Please.

(Owen = twice as much heart, 5 x as good performance as Barton so far).

(This posted at half time, I hope Sam puts a rocket up him and he comes out with his ego down to size.)

Oh also Milner.. Good effort lad but time to let this one go down to League One where he might get something past a defender.

Now that he's starting on the park, can everyone stop wanking over Barton please?

For all his talk and all the hype he was utter ratsh*t today. All the man-on-man touching about his passion and his playmaking skills... lets put it on hold for a while.

He was the softest man on the pitch in the first half, and he was a perfect playmaker... for pompey, half of whos attacks were started by his miskicks.

(This posted at half time, I hope Sam puts a rocket up him and he comes out with his ego down to size.)

Oh also Milner.. Good effort lad but time to let this one go down to League One where he might get something past a defender.

Yep thats it we have given Barton enough time to recover, lets rip into him!

Bit harsh there on Barton playing his second match after a serious injury,since when did Milner ever beat players,thats not part of his game!I supose you will be one of the  many muppets on here who will be giving out about everything possible you can think about after a shit performance by Newcastle{Capaca}today!Supporters like you piss me off!!!! :rant:

It was perhaps a sign of how poor we have looked recently that so many Newcastle fans were waiting for Joey Barton the saviour and come in and sort out our problems.

When did Joey Barton become a top class footballer? I must have missed that one. I always thought he was a decent-at-best Premiership midfielder, who happened to be English. Before anyone talks about hindsight or fickle views, I did voice these thoughts a while back.

It was perhaps a sign of how poor we have looked recently that so many Newcastle fans were waiting for Joey Barton the saviour and come in and sort out our problems.

When did Joey Barton become a top class footballer? I must have missed that one. I always thought he was a decent-at-best Premiership midfielder, who happened to be English. Before anyone talks about hindsight or fickle views, I did voice these thoughts a while back.

Did you? That's great, he's played 2 games for us, christ.

he's looked crap in the 2 and a quarter games he played. yes he isn't fit yet, but if he isn't fit, should he be starting? i expected sam to ease him into the side rather than giving him one sub run out and then straight into the mix. especially when emre has looked a far better option. i think for this game Sam went with barton as he offers more physical presence against an athletic portsmouth side, but once again it looks like Sam worrying about the opposition at our expense.

??

I'm on about the quality of Joey Barton as a footballer, and how I am surprised at why so many have seen him as a potential saviour. I've suggested that it's perhaps a sign of how desperately poor we've been at times lately that a player like Barton, who really is nothing special, should be held in this light.

Aye, he's played two games for us. What's your point? Bizarre post.

??

I'm on about the quality of Joey Barton as a footballer, and how I am surprised at why so many have seen him as a potential saviour. I've suggested that it's perhaps a sign of how desperately poor we've been at times lately that a player like Barton, who really is nothing special, should be held in this light.

You made it sound as "I told us so"  At the fact Barton hadn't played well because really he was only ana average player.

??

You made it sound as "I told us so"  At the fact Barton hadn't played well because really he was only ana average player.

It wasn't intended that way, it was more intended to show that my views were not based on two games, that they weren't just a knee-jerk reaction.

As I said I do think he's a decent player, but nothing special. He will get better and grow into this team and should be a decent signing for us, but I think hopes have been pinned on him because our attacking play has been so poor and lacking in ideas at times. It is normal that people hope someone will come in and sort it out, but as a result of that he has (imo) been overrated during his absence.

I was against the Barton signing purely for the fact he is a complete mentalist and will probably murder one of our players but I was still worried someone else might sign him and improve their team. I rate him quite a lot as a player and have said for a while he should be getting into the England squad ahead of some of the shit that manage to get in there.

Give the lad time to get fit and start playing. I am sure he will be a good player for us.