Duff may be back as late as the New Year

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Guest jamesmartinsmith

According to Big Sam his injury was ''career threatening''. Duff  can only be worth about £2m now, he's had so many injuries it's getting ridiculous.

Time to offload and bring in another left-sided player?

According to Big Sam his injury was ''career threatening''. Duff  can only be worth about £2m now, he's had so many injuries it's getting ridiculous.

Time to offload and bring in another left-sided player?

we can't sell every player that gets injured. injuries are part of the game, you just have to deal with them, and with n'zogbia we are fine in that position.

As far I know, it was only one big one.  I remember when he first came over he had a small one that kept him out for a game or two and then Roeder rushed him back and his ankle was torn to shit.

He gets more than £2m a year.

I'm sure he does, I meant on the market.

I know, just seems pointless selling him for that amount considering its a years wages, actually less.

Although when you think back to Luque, in fact why are we a football club again????????????????????????????????????

He gets more than £2m a year.

I'm sure he does, I meant on the market.

I know, just seems pointless selling him for that amount considering its a years wages, actually less.

Although when you think back to Luque, in fact why are we a football club again????????????????????????????????????

And how do we convince someone to take him off our hands anyway?  Unless West Ham are interested..............

Wait for him to get fit, top player on our hands. Problem solved.

Indeed. Far better than we have here at present if he can get himself sorted.

Duff has done less for us than Michael Owen, I don't see him changing too much.

Most players in the side over the last year or two have done less than Michael Owen too.

Given the number of games he has played his record embarrasses the others. Perhaps Oba and Charlie can be excepted from that.

Duff has played 22 league games. He deserves his chance. Certainly on form he can create what we have been missing. Given the list below they had better be sitters (except for Oba).

Oba 14 league goals - 2006 ->

Shola 12 league goals - 2005 ->

Owen 12 league goals - 2005->

Charlie 8 league goals - 2005->

Milner 3 league goals - 2005-> (played 3 games in 2005/6 season for us)

he's been out for so long and reportedly just recently started running again with one michael owen at the start of last week so he's going to be desperately short of any kind of game fitness and sharpness.  i reckon he'll get the joey barton treatment from big sam.  week or two of training by himself, a week with the squad, 2 or 3 reserve matches and back in contention for a spot. he was utterly disappointing last term but by no means have i ruled him out as becoming one of our top players. the man has class and an extended run in the team without injuries will do his game a world of good. so baring any setbacks i bets duffer will be back in late november.   :thup:

My attitude towards Duff centres around the idea of "meh".

Same. Thought he would be a good signing at the time, but he's been bitterly disappointing for us.

Still, it'll be nice to have some attacking options at least.

My attitude towards Duff centres around the idea of "meh".

Same. Thought he would be a good signing at the time, but he's been bitterly disappointing for us.

Still, it'll be nice to have some attacking options at least.

Same, we've got Zoggy, but we can't play the lad every game and expect him to perform, he's only still young, it will be good to have Duff around for options. Also I believe Zoggy can benefit from Duff's guidance as an experienced winger.

he won't get any faster after all those injuries, will he?

dribbling was a big part of his game back in the days.. judging on his performances last season, he has lost that.. so i expect him to be even worse after this injury.. sell him to Cork City

No doubt he is a good player but he has not really shown us any of the class he showed when at Chelski,and he is yet another injury prone player.

Of course I want him to come back and play well but again I think it will be at the expense of the Zog, okay most clubs would like the headache of this sort of selection problem but say Sam drops Zog for Duff then 4 games in Duff is injured again, we then need Zog to come back into the team and perform butit could set him back like it did last season.

I just see Zoggy as a much more long term option for us then Duff and I would not risk losing him.