Weekend's other games

Dave

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/8169/facehugger.jpg

Sagna's hair has finally escaped.

mackems.gif

Looks more like an extra large Cheese string.

Sagna's hair in its pre-match environment. 

http://www.fatuous.co.uk/images/cheesepin/serve.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/8169/facehugger.jpg

Sagna's hair has finally escaped.

mackems.gif

Looks more like an extra large Cheese string.

Sagna's hair in its pre-match environment. 

http://www.fatuous.co.uk/images/cheesepin/serve.jpg

mackems.gif

He's overrated at the moment like Dos Santos due to all of the hype that's surrounded him walking into the team.

Although it's no mean feet getting into the Barca team at such an age, let us see if he can live up to the hype.

Same with Bojan, although he just looks magical.

Martin O'Neill is starting to lose the faith of some of our fans.

Pray tell us more.

We're starting to see the effects of the disastrous summer transfer window. The bizarre allegiance to Knight, the pointless signing of Harewood, the lack of a RB with Mellberg forced to play there, and teams realising that is our weak point and attacking it, like Bolton did today.

He's not lost me, but I'd be lying if i said I wasn't a little concerned at some things.

Pray tell us more.

We're starting to see the effects of the disastrous summer transfer window. The bizarre allegiance to Knight, the pointless signing of Harewood, the lack of a RB with Mellberg forced to play there, and teams realising that is our weak point and attacking it, like Bolton did today.

He's not lost me, but I'd be lying if i said I wasn't a little concerned at some things.

It looks like you're missing Hughes.

Pray tell us more.

Do you know what, about ten minutes ago, i said to my Mrs, "I never thought I'd say this, ever, but I wish we'd held on to Aaron Hughes, he'd be better at RB than Mellberg".

She looked at me disdainfully, said "stop talking about football, I don't care" and went back to Friday's episode of Ugly Betty.

Women. Mental.

Pray tell us more.

Do you know what, about ten minutes ago, i said to my Mrs, "I never thought I'd say this, ever, but I wish we'd held on to Aaron Hughes, he'd be better at RB than Mellberg".

She looked at me disdainfully, said "stop talking about football, I don't care" and went back to Friday's episode of Ugly Betty.

Women. Mental.

My significant other like that too.

However, she also likes her football. Which is nice. :)

"absolutely ridiculous game. We won this by two long-range efforts, Benni's goal especially was just unbelievable. On the other hand, Spurs battered the hell out of us and we had Friedel to thank that they didn't win by double-digits really. (Samba and Oiijer though did very good too).

I do feel sorry for Spurs though. You aren't gonna see a more cruel loss than that. They show that they can play fantastic football, but are getting nightmare luck.

Man of the match - Super Brad Friedel. We got the miracle win but we definitely have to reexamine our game-plan because that was far from good enough."

A Blackburn fans account of the match.

It's what happens when a team with a sh*t keeper and defence plays a side with a top keeper and defence.

Pray tell us more.

you've quietly gone about building up a good squad of young english talent tho, moore, agbonlahor and young are three fine attacking talents that a lot of sides would love to have. and behind them there's some solid players like barry, reo-coker (who is back in form at villa) cahill, gardner, davies, carson. what i can't understand about O'Neill is his weird transfer policy of waiting till the last minute and making panic buys like harewood and knight, or ignoring blatant weaknesses in your side. also, since he reportedly has a vast transfer kitty at his disposal (from that american billionaire), why doesn't he go for better players than nobodies like maloney or petrov?

Pray tell us more.

you've quietly gone about building up a good squad of young english talent tho, moore, agbonlahor and young are three fine attacking talents that a lot of sides would love to have. and behind them there's some solid players like barry, reo-coker (who is back in form at villa) cahill, gardner, davies, carson. what i can't understand about O'Neill is his weird transfer policy of waiting till the last minute and making panic buys like harewood and knight, or ignoring blatant weaknesses in your side. also, since he reportedly has a vast transfer kitty at his disposal (from that american billionaire), why doesn't he go for better players than nobodies like maloney or petrov?

Maloney is a quality player, but he rarely plays  him.

MON has a big problem with spending money, he always has (other than his first season at Celtic). Rumour has it that Lerner was exasperated with him in the summer window, having made a huge amount of money available when he failed to spend it.

You mention Cahill, and you're right, he is a quality player. But we shipped him out to Sheffield United on loan and then spent 4m on Knight to replace him. Baffling.

I see Cahill and Davies as our CB pairing for the future. Laursen and Mellberg should be the pairing now. Except we can't, as we need Mellberg at RB as we dont have a single proper RB at the club. We've also got just one LB of any experience.

Those are the problems we have. I really do think that one more botched window will do for him.

Pray tell us more.

Maloney is a quality player, but he rarely plays  him.

MON has a big problem with spending money, he always has (other than his first season at Celtic). Rumour has it that Lerner was exasperated with him in the summer window, having made a huge amount of money available when he failed to spend it.

You mention Cahill, and you're right, he is a quality player. But we shipped him out to Sheffield United on loan and then spent 4m on Knight to replace him. Baffling.

I see Cahill and Davies as our CB pairing for the future. Laursen and Mellberg should be the pairing now. Except we can't, as we need Mellberg at RB as we dont have a single proper RB at the club. We've also got just one LB of any experience.

Those are the problems we have. I really do think that one more botched window will do for him.

Don't rate Cahill myself but you know better as you see him every week.

Fabregas: 77 passes, 86% pass completion, 6 tackles, 5 tackles won.

Gerrard: 33 passes, 73% pass completion, 4 tackles, 1 tackle won.

What is tackles won?

I saw Gerrard make 2 excellent sliding tackles.

This once again proves why stats are fairly useless. I'd put money on all Arsenal midfielders having a higher pass completion rate than any Arsenal midfielder, seeing as after 2 passes the tactic was too lump it towards Toure so he can skin all the midfielders for the umpteenth time.

Fabregas: 77 passes, 86% pass completion, 6 tackles, 5 tackles won.

Gerrard: 33 passes, 73% pass completion, 4 tackles, 1 tackle won.

What is tackles won?

I saw Gerrard make 2 excellent sliding tackles.

This once again proves why stats are fairly useless. I'd put money on all Arsenal midfielders having a higher pass completion rate than any Arsenal midfielder, seeing as after 2 passes the tactic was too lump it towards Toure so he can skin all the midfielders for the umpteenth time.

That post has confused me.