Norwich appoint Roeder, Lee Clark goes too (and now Pattison on loan)

Guest alex

Guest michaelfoster

Matty away

Sources in Norfolk on Friday confirmed that an agreement had been reached over the permanent transfer of United midfielder Matty Pattison to Norwich City.

The 21 year-old midfielder has been on loan at Carrow Road since November and has finished on the losing side just once in his ten Championship appearances.

An undisclosed fee has been agreed with Newcastle for the player who made the last of his fifteen first team appearances for us at Watford at the end of last season.

-------------------------

Bye bye Pattison

Matty away

Sources in Norfolk on Friday confirmed that an agreement had been reached over the permanent transfer of United midfielder Matty Pattison to Norwich City.

The 21 year-old midfielder has been on loan at Carrow Road since November and has finished on the losing side just once in his ten Championship appearances.

An undisclosed fee has been agreed with Newcastle for the player who made the last of his fifteen first team appearances for us at Watford at the end of last season.

-------------------------

Bye bye Pattison

Good on him, tbh. Seems to have done well for himself and his club down there.

Nowhere near as bad as he was made out to be here. Not saying he was good enough by any means but being played left-wing didn't help him at all. Good luck to the lad.

Guest The Libertine

Nowhere near as bad as he was made out to be here. Not saying he was good enough by any means but being played left-wing didn't help him at all. Good luck to the lad.

he really was. with my soopafan hat firmly on, i can confirm he was awful in near enough every reserve game/friendly ive seen him play in.

I saw him play in a pre season game up at Celtic before his big injury and looked like a great prospect.

I agree that he is nowhere near as bad as many on here seem to think, I've also met his entire family and they were all canny, albeit I was so pissed I could hardly stand up after Shearer's testimonial!

Guest Guinness

Never seemed like he could cut it in the Prem but he seems to have done well for himself at Norwich, good luck to him.

Always nice to see a former academy/reserve player doing well, and to be fair it's nice to see Roeder doing a good job somewhere.

Pattison was absolutely God awful every time i watched him here, though.

Guest Geordiesned

He was absolute dogshite!

Guest ralph69

From a norwich based Newcastle fans (Norwich season ticket holder!) perspective, I can say that Pattison has shown aggression ,  passion, and determination that has been missing from a ncfc team, since  Nigel Worthington left(Wont even mention Peter Grants tenure), i am confident that  this will continue, our midfield looks combatative and incisive & creative :clap:, we should keep out of relegation places and end mid table. There is a lot of talk down here about signing Shola Ameobi, we are in desperate need of a goal scorer, we are looking solid, but not scoring. Is there any possibility of this happening? how much is a realistic price?, or would aloan be possible? As for glenn roeder, the club & supporters are really warming to him, he is convincingly optimistic, and seems to now what he is doing!, bit of a name dropper though!

I seriously think Newcastle will improve, and become the great team they deserve to be

Guest ralph69

£2m, sounds like excellent value, if he keeps us out of relegation he's got to be worth that x10, roeder clearly rates him, i hope that the 'roeder connection' carries the weight wer are being told of (By Genn!), Kazenga? not a household name, is he good?, what position?, I guess we will have to wait to see who will come in as manager for you, Harry Rednapp, probably with his gimp Adams!, doing a superb Job at Portsmouth, similar styles of football, hopefully he would sign Ashton & give Norwich there 15% sell on bonus, £400k, (If he goes for £10million), I think Rednap's your man, Mourinho only works with stella budgets,no disrespect intended

£2m, sounds like excellent value, if he keeps us out of relegation he's got to be worth that x10, roeder clearly rates him, i hope that the 'roeder connection' carries the weight wer are being told of (By Genn!), Kazenga? not a household name, is he good?, what position?, I guess we will have to wait to see who will come in as manager for you, Harry Rednapp, probably with his gimp Adams!, doing a superb Job at Portsmouth, similar styles of football, hopefully he would sign Ashton & give Norwich there 15% sell on bonus, £400k, (If he goes for £10million), I think Rednap's your man, Mourinho only works with stella budgets,no disrespect intended

<------Kazenga is Tresor LuaLua brother, 17, attacking midfielder, bit special. (No option to buy on your loan)

Guest ralph69

Sounds right up our street,where does this rumour come from, the press?,would be excellent if it happens, Amoebi, Kazenga, Taylor from Brum, & the Bulgarian Iliev (Def), rumoured to have signed today after a successful medical, the futures looking Brighter!, feel kinda guilty talking about NCFC, when Newcastle have had a shocker today,Big Sam just wasn't the man. What do you think about Shearer?, for what it's worth, my view is that as he is unproven, the times not right, needs to work alongside another as assistant, no doubting his passion & Knowledge though.

Guest MrSundlofer

<------Kazenga is Tresor LuaLua brother, 17, attacking midfielder, bit special. (No option to buy on your loan)

Cousin, isn't he?

Cousin, isn't he?

Brother!

The three teams I always look out for are Colchester' date=' Newcastle and Portsmouth because they are the ones that gave me a chance, plus my little brother is at Newcastle so I am hoping that he is going to get a chance to show what he can do for the first team. [/quote']

http://www.xpatathens.com/news/17373

Sounds right up our street,where does this rumour come from, the press?,would be excellent if it happens, Amoebi, Kazenga, Taylor from Brum, & the Bulgarian Iliev (Def), rumoured to have signed today after a successful medical, the futures looking Brighter!, feel kinda guilty talking about NCFC, when Newcastle have had a shocker today,Big Sam just wasn't the man. What do you think about Shearer?, for what it's worth, my view is that as he is unproven, the times not right, needs to work alongside another as assistant, no doubting his passion & Knowledge though.

is this Valentin Iliev from CSKA Sofia.. he's good

Guest ralph69

Yes it is Valentin Iliev, £750k, should be done & dusted within 2 days, awaiting Permits etc..., not something that we at not Norwich are used to!, seemed to always buy british, or scottish with Grant, seems that Glen has a broader outlook, thank god  :celb:

quite weird hearing someone praise glenn so much, i hope he works out for you in the long term. Glad to see a nice guy getting a good reception, but be warned when he start spouting bollocks. Lua Lua looks like a good prospect, would be a good place for him to go on loan.

Guest ralph69

Luckily for Roeder, we were in such a dire state before he arrived, foot of the table, 5 points adrift, near mutiny in the ranks, a manager who was so bloody angry at everyone!, the supporters had absolutely no faith in Grants decisions, signings, and direction, a totally indecisive board,when an appointment was made any change wuld've been welcomed.Glenn Roeder was calm decisive, outlined his "vision", he then backed it up with some good loan signings.now the board are positive, their seems to be money available, no where near the scale of other Championship clubs, but with his alleged contacts and prudent wheeler dealing, the light is finally visible again at the tunnels end. Iliev (Cska Sofa Def) is a statement of the clubs intent, it could still go tits, but so far so good.

• 5 weeks later...