Cacapa - Legend to Boumsong in 11 minutes...

Cajun

Butt's perfectly weighted lay off for the first goal needs a mention as does Faye's positional sense in the nighmare first 10 minutes.

Aye, Butt deserves a kicking for giving Pamarot a 25 yard tap in!

Jesus Wept!!!

Just read on the Sunderland pre-match thread that Cacapa should be dropped. I don't see why really. He wasn't physically equipped to deal single-handedly with Pompey, but then it was probably a tactical mistake to play him against such a big, fast side to start with. I doubt he'll have the same problems with Sunderland's attack unless Allardyce has convinced the whole team we need to defend for our lives to avoid a beating. He managed it against Derby so who knows?

There's a possibility Kenwyne Jones could boss him about, though if we make sure Faye sticks to him then he should be able to handle him. As you say though, they're shit but if we give them possession and go 'backs to the wall' like we've done away from home so far, anything's possible.

It's a sad state of affairs when we're worrying about two Championship no-marks up front, but if we keep giving them the ball and defending, we will have to worry about them. I'd rather McShane or Nosworthy or whoever the hell else he's found from Ireland/the Championship were worrying about Viduka/Martins/Owen than us bricking it about Michael bastard Chopra.

Just read on the Sunderland pre-match thread that Cacapa should be dropped. I don't see why really. He wasn't physically equipped to deal single-handedly with Pompey, but then it was probably a tactical mistake to play him against such a big, fast side to start with. I doubt he'll have the same problems with Sunderland's attack unless Allardyce has convinced the whole team we need to defend for our lives to avoid a beating. He managed it against Derby so who knows?

I'd drop him, and I say that as a strong advocate of a settled centre back pairing. His confidence will be affected, it's not often you see a centre back pulled off after 15 minutes. If he plays, the mackems will target him.

I'd probably go with Faye and Taylor but I have a feeling Roz will come in. This is such a big game for us and Faye/Taylor won't have the communication issues. You just know it'll be a typical derby game with dirty tackles and quick closing down everywhere, at least these two players have more experience of all that. We should be setting up our team to make them worry about us, but in central defence we will need to cope with those high balls that sunderland will no doubt launch towards our penalty area.

Guest optimistic nit

Kenwin jones. i'd still start him mind. faye is a very good physical defender, let him rough up kenwin. i don't think roz much stronger than cacapa, he'd get bullied by kenwin as well,

Guest optimistic nit
I'd drop him, and I say that as a strong advocate of a settled centre back pairing. His confidence will be affected, it's not often you see a centre back pulled off after 15 minutes. If he plays, the mackems will target him.

if it was me i'd be more determined than i've ever been in my life to go out there and clatter the opposition striker to fuck, he was also lyons captain, so hopefully he has a bit of mental stregnth in him. depends on what allardyce feels his personality is like, being subbed after 15 mins could make him much more determined than if he'd finished the 90, he's had a shocher, and wasn't given any time after that to try and make up for it. if it was me i'd be lying awake now counting the seconds until the next game (even more so because its a derby).

the most worrying thing for me atm is not our defence, although they will need time to gel, but that we still don't appear to have a passing game and allardyce seems content with 0-0's away from home.

Let's face it, we are SHITE!

Wasn't it just a case of him being outmuscled? Allardyce should have known all along that against Utaka & Benjani he'd be in for a physical battle so why even start him? Cacapa is better against more technical strikers.

• 2 weeks later...

The current poll: Worst Team In History has the current Derby team down as the worst team rather than the worst team in history. Why are Sunderland not on twice or every vote for the counting twice seems strange to me

Have a look at:http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/

i agree wullie - that match aside i've been thoroughly impressed by his calm way of playing. i still think he will be a good player for us.

but i am a bit worried that sam isn't trying to integrate a solid back four, a bit too much changing things around imo

i agree wullie - that match aside i've been thoroughly impressed by his calm way of playing. i still think he will be a good player for us.

but i am a bit worried that sam isn't trying to integrate a solid back four, a bit too much changing things around imo

The thing is, he has 5 new defenders he has to bed in slowly. I think his thinking behind the rotation is to make sure they all get a game every now and then, so that if called upon because of injury or such, they dont suddenly find themselves in the deep end. I'm sure we will see a much more stable and thus solid back 4 from february onwards. All part of the rebuilding task.