Steve McClaren

Dave

If McLaren were to be sacked or resign, realistically where would Liar Charnley go for the next permanent manager / head coach?  It's not even October and we look adrift.  We can't afford another clown at the helm.  We need some stability and confidence.  Can we get it from McClaren?

If McLaren were to be sacked or resign, realistically where would Liar Charnley go for the next permanent manager / head coach?  It's not even October and we look adrift.  We can't afford another clown at the helm.  We need some stability and confidence.  Can we get it from McClaren?

nope stick with him and we are down no two ways about it - the whole lot need to be cleared McClaren, Carr, Charnley and Moncur but they probably won't be until too late - only hope is that Ashley s***s himself due to the new tv deal because he is going to lose millions if he doesn't

this will sound kinda daft but it wouldn't surprise me if they tried for Allerdyce in that scenario, the prem moneys going up massively again next year (I think) so more than usual its essential to the club hierarchy to avoid relegation and I partly think Allerdyce's ego would love the idea of ashley crawling back to him and he can charge whatever wages he feels like because of how desperate they'll be.

It really is laughable how badly we are attacking. De Jong and Gini are not making themselves free for a pass at all. No one is running behind. If false 9 comes deep then someone should be making runs behind for the space left by the centerhalf. De Jong, Gini and Perez should be moving freely from left to right and changing positions, making runs behind. Our play is ridiciously static. And what is the point of possession football if you don't press at all when you lose the ball. Your midfield will be all over the place and team like Watford ffs murder us on the break.

Can't really recall any NUFC team in the last 10 years to have any kind of pressing  (Gegenpressing..)

SMc: "We have a philosophy and we are sticking to it. We will go through painful times but when we get it right, it will be good."

SMc: "We are changing a lot - philosophy, culture, standards, training and style. It's necessary."

SMc: "We have a philosophy and we are sticking to it. We will go through painful times but when we get it right, it will be good."

SMc: "We are changing a lot - philosophy, culture, standards, training and style. It's necessary."

Be fair. If a new guy comes in, changes the team philosophy, and then sticks to it - that's not being inconsistent. It's maybe daft, but it's not a contradiction, like you seem to be suggesting.

Guest chicken little

haha i would be interested to see a verbatim transcript of his post-match interview. pure stream-of-consciousness nothingness.

placed it:

http://i.imgur.com/5zFqmUX.jpg

"mmmm... hard work, isn't it? hmm. we knew it was going to be hard job. philosophy. big job. knew it'd be hard work. have to just keep on doing the job. keep working hard. marvellous."

Still haven't given up hope on McClaren.

If after another 5-6 games we've seen no improvement in any area, what would you think then?

I'm happy to wait till Christmas.

We're only 6/7 games in to the season. I think his team selection has been reasonably good so far compared to super Alan.

I'm happy it seems he endorses passing football, despite our play been woeful at times and lacking any threat.

I know that sounds incredibly worrying, but to go through the shit Pardew/Carver served up to football played properly will take time.

My main concern has been the lack of involvement of Perez and Aarons. I think both should be automatic starters, especially Ayoze.

The biggest problem is with Ashley, he needs to go because the vibe at the club is completely shot until he does.

I don't think McClaren is s bad manager personally, nor a very good one, but I'm happy to give him time considering there won't be better options available.

I might be wrong but it seems a lot of people who were saying he was a half decent manager are now saying he's shit after 6 games.

I couldn't ever accept anyone claiming Pardew to be a good manager after he stuff he did here, but I think with McClaren you can see he understands the game and I'd have expected people to be a bit more patient, but there you go.