Steve McClaren

Dave

Think we should try Sissoko as the attacking midfielder again like he did in his first few games

Said this a few weeks ago myself. He's s*** at the other side of the game but is untouchable at transitioning attacking play and imo has now actually improved his end product a lot.

Take him out of the trenches, which he clearly doesn't like, give him a free role and get the system set to have Gini supporting him.

Sign the right CM and you can play Moussa in his box-to-box free role and Gini in the #10 and build a central trio based on those 3. Thauvin wide left, Perez or a new real right winger wide right and Perez/Mitro/New CF up top. That's actually the true and real way forward.

Think we should try Sissoko as the attacking midfielder again like he did in his first few games

Said this a few weeks ago myself. He's s*** at the other side of the game but is untouchable at transitioning attacking play and imo has now actually improved his end product a lot.

Take him out of the trenches, which he clearly doesn't like, give him a free role and get the system set to have Gini supporting him.

Sign the right CM and you can play Moussa in his box-to-box free role and Gini in the #10 and build a central trio based on those 3. Thauvin wide left, Perez or a new real right winger wide right and Perez/Mitro/New CF up top. That's actually the true and real way forward.

We do actually have some pretty decent players in our starting eleven, unfortunately they are totally undermined by three of four shocking players in key areas, i.e., left back, central defence and central midfield. Also the goalkeeper so make that five.

We do actually have some pretty decent players in our starting eleven, unfortunately they are totally undermined by three of four shocking players in key areas, i.e., left back, central defence and central defence. Also the goalkeeper so make that five.

We do have decent players but I don't think its really possible to build a decent side when the spine of your team is so weak

Loads of teams have proper CBs and FullBacks that don't need their hand held by a defensive winger, or someone putting in a wingback's shift from midfield, or hell, even 2 DMs.

You need a competent CM who has legs to go side-to-side, with physicality and positional awareness. You need 2 CBs who don't get bossed off the ball, who can win the first or take down the 2nd ball quickly, they also don't need a CM to hold their hand. You need 2 fullbacks who again, don't need to have wingers help them every single time who also can get up and down the pitch and support attacks but also put in the shift.

There's no secret that Sissoko hasn't been able to play his natural position when the spine and defense has been weak as piss since he's signed for us.

Goodness me, some classics in there. Sounds like he's been at the devil's lettuce again.

f***ing Riviere man :lol:

He can't have seen him train or play. Would prefer to play Toney, recall Armstrong or get Shearer out of retirement. The lad is utter bobbins.

Goodness me, some classics in there. Sounds like he's been at the devil's lettuce again.

f***ing Riviere man :lol:

He can't have seen him train or play. Would prefer to play Toney, recall Armstrong or get Shearer out of retirement. The lad is utter bobbins.

On the contrary, I bet he looks fantastic in training, he's pretty good on the ball, unfortunately he cacks his pants in front of goal. Not a confident finisher at all.

LOL! He's already lost it, he lost it when he changed the system from what was going to be possession ball to whatever the F* we're playing right now.

Obvious comparisons to Pardew, as in not having any plan other than the long ball - counter s*.

I'm thinking any decent manager would get something out of the crop we have, the squad isn't THAT bad, as long as we have someone that would play to the squads strenghts (not that that is that much, but anyway...).

Rodgers next? Just because he had Swans playing decent, without actually having the players to do so? ... iono anymore, kinda lost. But one thing is for sure, it's getting kind of exhausting watching the games these days, just same ol shiz we've been watching for seasons with a spell or two of nice 1-2s once in a blue moon.

LOL! He's already lost it, he lost it when he changed the system from what was going to be possession ball to whatever the F* we're playing right now.

Obvious comparisons to Pardew, as in not having any plan other than the long ball - counter s*.

I'm thinking any decent manager would get something out of the crop we have, the squad isn't THAT bad, as long as we have someone that would play to the squads strenghts (not that that is that much, but anyway...).

Rodgers next? Just because he had Swans playing decent, without actually having the players to do so? ... iono anymore, kinda lost. But one thing is for sure, it's getting kind of exhausting watching the games these days, just same ol shiz we've been watching for seasons with a spell or two of nice 1-2s once in a blue moon.

I honestly think it is that bad, no central midfield worth mentioning in the slightest, the defense is terrible and we can't score. Theres individually good players but the key areas of cb and cm are so bad its hard to overcome

Until we've seen our best players in a system that suits their qualities failing I will continue to believe these are good enough for midtable in this league. Evidently, no left hand side, two defensive midfielders, four central midfielders and no wingers does not get the best out of this squad. Why McClaren keeps at it begars belief really.

I can't hate him. He's a decent guy probably doing his best.

He is a total f***ing pansy, though, and I've very little respect for him and zero faith he can turn this around.

:thup: I don't want to make a habit of agreeing with Ron but I totally agree with the above.

McClaren's not a bad person, he's just utterly useless.

Guest Howaythetoon

Our squad is woeful like. In goal we have a Championship 'keeper at best. Colo is way past his best and Mbemba is inexperienced at this level. At full-back Dummett is Championshop standard and Jaanmat a liability defensively. In midfield we have Gini who for me is our best and only top class player or stand out player. We have Sissoko who is inconsistent and technically very average and then we have Colback, a free from the mackems who have for the last decade it seems constantly been in a relegation fight... and he was one of their better players! Anita is a nothing player, not great, but not shit, just meh. Up front we have two youngsters from a low level of Europen football. Deeper into the squad and we have Cisse who the club have wanted rid of for a long time, Tiote likewise, both players who don't want to be here. The whole squad stinks. There is very little talent and zero balance. I'd say we have one of the worst squads in the league.