Steve McClaren

Dave

Tbh 90% of the managers who would want to manage us under Ashley would have failed equally. The Ashley poison is so deep rooted it's now in the dressing room and changes are required from top to bottom. Relegation will initiate a clear out of the bottom, staying down will hopefully initiate a clear out at the top. Such a shame that this is what it will take for us to rid NUFC of this cancer

I don't really want to get into hounding McClaren out 'cause for me, we did that with Pardew and we got Carver. The cunt at the top is the issue. I doubt we'll get owt better than McClaren now whilst Fatty McTwatty is the owner

I don't really want to get into hounding McClaren out 'cause for me, we did that with Pardew and we got Carver. The cunt at the top is the issue. I doubt we'll get owt better than McClaren now whilst Fatty McTwatty is the owner

Hm. There comes a point, as there did with Pardew, that a manager's shitness can not and no longer should be tolerated regardless of the consequences of ousting him.

I'd say McClaren isn't miles away from that, a couple of heavy defeats in the next few games Inc a cup exit and he's got to go.

Hm. There comes a point, as there did with Pardew, that a manager's shitness can not and no longer should be tolerated regardless of the consequences of ousting him.

I'd say McClaren isn't miles away from that, a couple of heavy defeats in the next few games Inc a cup exit and he's got to go.

There are varying degrees of shit and until Ashley goes we will always be shit it's just once a manager reaches a certain point you're just flogging a dead horse into oblivion. As you say a few more heavy defeats and out of the cup at the first hurdle and you've got to think we'd be better off without him.

There are varying degrees of shit and until Ashley goes we will always be shit it's just once a manager reaches a certain point you're just flogging a dead horse into oblivion. As you say a few more heavy defeats and out of the cup at the first hurdle and you've got to think we'd be better off without him.

thing is for me, that Pardew wasn't just shit, he was a facilitator. He was extremely good at deflecting attention from Ashley and spinning PR for him. As soon as he went the attention turned to Ashley, which is what was needed.

Booyah.

Let's face it out four main buys were all gambles. Luckily 2 out of the four have worked out and it would have been nothing short of a miracle if Mitro had hit the ground running - a 21yr old from another league who in any other PL side would have been given a season to bed in and learn the PL. I think even the likes of Origie who are starting to come through have been here 2 years. The bottom line is that we're not buying with squad building in mind but future profit on player sales. This would have already killed this club but for huge chunks of luck and a couple of winning runs out of nowhere..

One thing I noted was McC said that he had been scouting Thauvin in the past and knew what kind of player he was etc...Doesn't bode well reg his judgement. Wingers without pace and physicality don't get very far in the PL. Might turn out to be a good squad player in time but not the stuff marquee buys are made of...Players who can turn a game etc..

I don't think the four buys in the summer are necessarily bad players, I just think that it is asking a lot to introduce a bunch of foreign youngsters and expect them to hit the ground running in the premier league. Even Thauvin could come good given a season of experience in English football. If the spine of the team is solid then you can throw in the odd promising 21 year old around it. But we have reserve goalkeepers in goal for the season, lack of command in central defence, a shit left back, and two central midfielders who are easily overwhelmed. These are positions which demand experience and physical attributes.

I don't really want to get into hounding McClaren out 'cause for me, we did that with Pardew and we got Carver. The c*** at the top is the issue. I doubt we'll get owt better than McClaren now whilst Fatty McTwatty is the owner

I think the press will be doing the hounding as they don't seem to care much for McClaren (failed England manager - they will never forgive him).

I don't really want to get into hounding McClaren out 'cause for me, we did that with Pardew and we got Carver. The c*** at the top is the issue. I doubt we'll get owt better than McClaren now whilst Fatty McTwatty is the owner

I think the press will be doing the hounding as they don't seem to care much for McClaren (failed England manager - they will never forgive him).

They give less of a shit about us so probably won't bat an eyelid about us being where we belong.

He's another one who seems very set in his ways and isn't learning from the constant defeats and shit performances.

"Hard work" is the only solution, rather than changing his piss poor tactics and retarded substitutions.

In the 4231 the middle triangle is key. You can get away with a lot elsewhere if these three are on the case.

................AM/Auxillaryforward.....

..........DM.............DM.................

Having variations of Ayoze, One lung with Anita and Colblack there is the biggest issue. Neither of the DM's have the tools to range forward with purpose and the AM/F that we have lack pace or presence.

Think we should try Sissoko as the attacking midfielder again like he did in his first few games

Said this a few weeks ago myself. He's shit at the other side of the game but is untouchable at transitioning attacking play and imo has now actually improved his end product a lot.

Take him out of the trenches, which he clearly doesn't like, give him a free role and get the system set to have Gini supporting him.

He's tried to overcome this limitation with Mbem and Collo coming out with the ball, but even then the DM's look frozen and unsure what to do as they don't have the instinct to get into the final 2/3 of the opp half. So a number of straight passes rely on Ayoze or whomever controlling the ball, turning and linking into the 2nd attack phase. By this time we are outnumbered and the wide forwards are still too wide instead of coming inside.

When the cd's come out with the ball the striker is meant to run toward them to create insecurity in the opp CD's and the AM is meant to do an angled run into space for a pass and the wide forwards come inside (get a 4v3 overload on the edge of the box). All this should happen at once. Never happens.  :D

Ball goes wide someone pisses about with it and a cross comes in with one in the box with no near post run (rarely) and no mid on the edge of the box. The one player who really understands what should be happening is Wijn hence he goes central and towards the box as soon as there is an overlap on the right wing. That's how he gets dem goals.

Think we should try Sissoko as the attacking midfielder again like he did in his first few games

Said this a few weeks ago myself. He's shit at the other side of the game but is untouchable at transitioning attacking play and imo has now actually improved his end product a lot.

Take him out of the trenches, which he clearly doesn't like, give him a free role and get the system set to have Gini supporting him.

Aye give him freedom, let him run wherever he wants trying to find space. I also agree that his end product has definitely improved lately

Aye give him freedom, let him run wherever he wants trying to find space. I also agree that his end product has definitely improved lately

It actually makes by far the most sense of any tactical change we could make with current personnel as well. I'd have done it weeks ago, and I'd certainly be looking at it for games like Arsenal where we'll be sitting deep and he can change the phase of play in seconds all on his own.