Steve McClaren

Dave

They think they know better than everyone else, Ashley in particular.

Exactly right, it's why they keep doing stupid fucking things like giving out 8 year contracts and putting the manager on the board. Never occurs to them there's a reason no other football club in the history of the game has done this shit, they just think they're so fucking clever.

The whole club is infuriating, embarrassing and depressing in equal measure.

In fact the money the club has spent recently will probably only reinforce their view that things will magically come good.

Well, either that or convince them more than ever not to fucking do it. Cheers, Steve.

As long as we are not in danger of relegation, Ashley doesn't give a shit about what people think of him. But as we saw last season where he came out with that interview after the last day escape from relegation, he's got a thin skin when the spotlight goes on him. If he does nothing and we go down he's definitely going to be in for a hard time. It's not just the money he'll lose.

Talking about us now on MOTD2 Extra.

Henry Winter:

"Listening to that (McClaren post match), you'd have to be getting the road map out for the championship"

"players would be depressed listing to that"

The 4231 is great if a team can keep possession like a Chelsea or an Arsenal but really hard on the players if they can't. They have to run about loads more than in a 433. Over time they hate the manager for not changing it...Every game begins to feel like a nightmare.

I hate 4-2-3-1 with a passion, it's about having two defensive midfielders all the time. It's crap, i know some teams might play it ok but i just hate the thing, utterly hate it. And when we use it ffs, our midfield are so deep it's ridculous. Wankers formation.

It just doesn't work unless the 3 are all practically world class, mobile with massive engines. :lol:

Leicester play a simple 442 and switch to a 451 without the ball - Okazaki drops in. They always have less possession but focus on the counter with fast turnarounds and transition play. We do the exact opposite. It does help they have a striker with pace and the 2nd striker has a good engine and is aggresive when dropping in. Ranieri keeps it simple and looks to exploit the space as soon as the opp lose the ball. Simple.

That's the word, football is a simple game made complicated by chancing idiots like McClaren and Pardew and many others, and at times you saw some ridiculous stuff from Brenda. Sometimes i wonder if they realise what football is.

For me it's 4-4-1-1, two central midfielders, doing both attacking and defending, not this shit we get with holding player, defensive midfielders. They're central midfielders, they should do the lot. You can obviously have one more comfortable and better at getting in the opposition box than the other so he gets forward more, but the shit we see with two midfielders sitting on top of the two centre backs, god it's horrendous.

The two up top, quick pacy forward on the shoulder of the last defender, and a forward who drops in to link play up. Simple, effective, and moreover which we lack, movement, lots of it too.

While i quite like 3-5-2 and 4-3-3, 4-4-1-1 makes football simple and seeing as we have several footballers who are fucking siimple, it might a good idea to play it.

Guest ElCid

Any other club and he'd be sacked already

Worrying thing is at any other club he would have been sacked a few month ago; as should Pardew before him (in his case he went 2 year after he should have and even then it was by his own hand)

I do understand them not wanting to sack McClaren until they have a replacement sorted, there's nobody internally who is good enough and getting rid o him with nobody lined up will just cause even more chaos.

Id like to think they have been doing ground work to get someone else in so they can announce his sacking and his replacement at the same time.

Which manager is least likely to demand to bring in a back room staff? Because that is who we will hire if a change is made.

Then why bother changing the manager? If we would prefer to carry on with a hopeless yes man, the perfect guy is already in place.

I know people don't like him and I harp on about it but I think Redknapp & Jordan would be all it takes to give us a chance. Can't imagine Jordan being the sort of bloke that would put up with shit attitudes either. I reckon the summer is the time for a Moyes or Rodgers etc.

Benitez with Cathro as number 2 tbh. Dat Valencia connection.

Benny would drill the fuck out of them till they knew what they should be doing every millisecond of the game. It's what he does.

Guest chopey

I reckon that Rodgers of all the candidates would be the most desperate for the job, rafa can have the pick of jobs over Europe and moyes will always find a middling premier league club to take over but Rodgers will need to prove himself after his Liverpool sacking , plus he owns a good percentage of the houses in south shields so he nice and close to check up on his investment

I'm so in love with the concept of Rafa that every other manager seems a wrong choice. He would be an amazing choice.

Just wish McClaren would get the boot asap. Pointless of dreaming of who could come in until there's actually a vacant position. Have a horrid feeling he will get to the end of season regardless.

I think any of them would be interested because there are few premier league opportunities available at the minute or that look like they will be available anytime soon.

However, we are unlikely to approach any credible individuals.