Steve McClaren

Dave

You can almost see Williamson's brain trying to work it out. His natural instinct tells him that wants to boot it long but suddenly remembers that he's supposed to play it short. Like a dog adjusting to an electric fence for the first time.

If Mike Williamson is still playing for this football club this season then McClaren's failed imo. I know it's harsh on the bloke but being organised means fuck all if you're still relying on this fucker to do it. Same applies to Obertan for that matter.

If Mike Williamson is still playing for this football club this season then McClaren's failed imo. I know it's harsh on the bloke but being organised means fuck all if you're still relying on this fucker to do it. Same applies to Obertan for that matter.

He should have cut them off from the rest of the squad as soon as he came in. Made them train with the kids and told them to find new clubs.

:thup:

Nothing said in his NufcTV interview that re-assures me going in to next week.

What's he said?

I'm generally surprised at how negative he has been at times the last week or so, seems to be building up,to an excuse for out inevitable defeat against Southampton.

Although many don't like him, Luke Edwards' article in the DT summed everything up - McClaren will be tightly under control by Ashley and his media minders ; don't expect ANYTHING from him which smacks of his own opinions or is in a major way critical of the way the club is run.

He is one of Ashley's minions after all and will be aware that he could well have been out of a job had Ashley not taken him on after Derby fired him.

Already making excuses,  not prepared.  looking like another long painful fruitless season.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/196157.gif

stench of failure around him already imo....sadly.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/196157.gif

That's why I added imo mate.

You seem impressed so good luck with that...

Personally I think he will do well to get this shower of shite to anywhere near above mid table. far too much dead wood still hanging around and he is playing them.

Say what you see. As you have said..and I ain't seen much.

Hope I am massively wrong of course.

Personally I think he will do well to get this shower of shite to anywhere near above mid table. far too much dead wood still hanging around and he is playing them.

Bolded is key for me, he's taking the easy options with selections when he should be stamping his mark on things by never letting certain players near the first team again.

How's he being safe? He's played some experimental teams, hasn't he? I don't see what's so bad about him giving players a shot to prove themselves, it'd be pointless coming in and saying it's a fresh start and then just cutting people, his job is to manage people. Besides, he's been told to assess the squad, which is clearly what he's done with so much rotation. The only reason Williamson has got so much time is purely situational too, a failure to purchase (surprise, surprise).

I wonder if there's many other sets of fans that start judging a manager based on a pre season. a pre season that he didn't arrange.

or maybe it's just a couple of dafties the internet. I dunno.

How many other teams would hire a manager who has just been sacked from a side from the division below.

Bolded is key for me, he's taking the easy options with selections when he should be stamping his mark on things by never letting certain players near the first team again.

Yeah the easy options like Bigi at full back...

Yeah the easy options like Bigi at full back...

I think that's more because he wanted to rest Janmaat and didn't have anyone else to play full back.

In regards to him playing the "deadwood", I think McClaren has the right (and is right) to give everyone a chance. He'll want to see everyone for himself before deciding on what his best team is. Any manager would do the same thing.

I agree that some of his team selections thus far have been strange but we don't know where these players are in terms of their fitness, how they look in training etc. as well as injuries to certain players like Coloccini. If he persists with the likes of Obertan being in the squad once the season is under way and players are at full fitness then I'll start to question his team selections.

I wonder if there's many other sets of fans that start judging a manager based on a pre season. a pre season that he didn't arrange.

How many other teams would hire a manager who has just been sacked from a side from the division below.

if that's the reason for judging.him on what's happened in the last 4 weeks then it's as short sighted as it gets.

if that's the reason for judging.him on what's happened in the last 4 weeks then it's as short sighted as it gets.

Well speaking personally he has to win me over, I didn't want him as manager but now we have him I'll give him a chance.

Doesn't mean his failings won't be pointed out though.

Get the impression that we wanted him long before the sacking the and that the sacking was in part a result of our interest. I guess.

Get the impression that we wanted him long before the sacking the and that the sacking was in part a result of our interest. I guess.

The club may well of wanted him but they also wanted Pardew and didn't consider sacked him despite how dismal we were.

The appointment of Mclaren was endemic of the clubs lack of ambition.