Steve McClaren

Dave

Very 'him' sort of behaviour. He did it again after stinking the place out in his 2nd stint at  Liverpool, then returned to the club a a NED. A nasty piece of work by many accounts as borne out by his performance re: Suarez. I also hear that there are significant differences between his reported post-Hillsborough behaviour, and the reality.

Oh, and the blatant cowardice needs a mention as well. I could have managed the LFC side he inherited in 1985 to the double, and its subsequent successes but the very instant (4-4 v. EFC in the cup in 1991) it became obvious that his side was ageing and needed a complete overhal, he didn't see him for dust - citing unspecified 'health problems' (which had cleared up by October, he pitched up at Ewood Park.

Throughout his (managerial) career, he's been very well rewarded (and very litigious) for very little return.

Whatever he did or didn't do at NUFC I can't comment about, but don't speak for Liverpool.  Kenny was magnificent after Hillsborough, if you don't want to believe that then fine. You'll find very few Scousers who agree with you, including Evertonians.  In the words of Margaret Aspinall only a few weeks ago...“Kenny’s always been there for the families and he didn’t in any way shape or form let us down.”

As for his 'inherited' team (always makes me laugh), that he built (Barnes Beardsley, Aldridge, McMahon etc.......They were the best English side I've ever seen play in this country. 

What you call inheritance, we at Liverpool used to call continuity.  It worked for us because each manager took the team forward and Kenny more than carried on that tradition.

Yeah, that 87-88 team is without doubt, the best side I've ever seen. And OK, anybody would sign Barnes and Beardsley, but the style they played in. I saw them totally crush a very good Coventry side at Highfield Road. Barnes and Beardsley were superb but star of the show was Steve Nicol, constantly marauding the right flank. He also had to replace the best finisher in the game so to say he didn't build anything is nonsense, I agree.

@lee_ryder  32m32 minutes ago

Steve McClaren will be talking about #nufc on Sky's Goals on Sunday for the first time since leaving St James' Park.

That'll be some nice piss and salt in the massive gaping wounds of relegation.

Steve McClaren will be talking about #nufc on Sky's Goals on Sunday for the first time since leaving St James' Park.

That'll be some nice p*ss and salt in the massive gaping wounds of relegation.

Why would he bother?

What pearls of wisdom could that fucking shitehawk possibly offer?

Why would he bother?

Maybe he'll say "Newcastle wouldn't have been relegated if they'd kept me in charge".

:lol: moron; Steve you were let go on the back of a thumping at Chelsea, a 2 week training camp that ended in an injury to your captain, and then you lost to Stoke and Bournemouth...

Very 'him' sort of behaviour. He did it again after stinking the place out in his 2nd stint at  Liverpool, then returned to the club a a NED. A nasty piece of work by many accounts as borne out by his performance re: Suarez. I also hear that there are significant differences between his reported post-Hillsborough behaviour, and the reality.

Oh, and the blatant cowardice needs a mention as well. I could have managed the LFC side he inherited in 1985 to the double, and its subsequent successes but the very instant (4-4 v. EFC in the cup in 1991) it became obvious that his side was ageing and needed a complete overhal, he didn't see him for dust - citing unspecified 'health problems' (which had cleared up by October, he pitched up at Ewood Park.

Throughout his (managerial) career, he's been very well rewarded (and very litigious) for very little return.

Whatever he did or didn't do at NUFC I can't comment about, but don't speak for Liverpool.  Kenny was magnificent after Hillsborough, if you don't want to believe that then fine. You'll find very few Scousers who agree with you, including Evertonians.  In the words of Margaret Aspinall only a few weeks ago...“Kenny’s always been there for the families and he didn’t in any way shape or form let us down.”

As for his 'inherited' team (always makes me laugh), that he built (Barnes Beardsley, Aldridge, McMahon etc.......They were the best English side I've ever seen play in this country. 

What you call inheritance, we at Liverpool used to call continuity.  It worked for us because each manager took the team forward and Kenny more than carried on that tradition.

Carried on that tradition, did he? You've not won the league since. He had another crack, of course, please tell us what tradition was the legacy of his 2nd stint..? The only things I can think of were spunking £35m on Carroll, and the t-shirts for the racist biter. If that's progress, what you at Liverpool call 'continuity', then you're welcome to it.

Why would he bother?

What pearls of wisdom could that f***ing shitehawk possibly offer?

Maybe he'll say "Newcastle wouldn't have been relegated if they'd kept me in charge".

Of course he'll say that. He'd do better to keep his head down and shut the fuck up because anyone with eyes knows it's complete bullshit.

Why would he bother?

He's got a nerve showing his face in public while this car crash of a season is still in progress. The relegation this season is down to him, no bones about it.

Had a full preseason, the summer and winter transfer windows, and close to 100M to spend. Is there a worse manager in all 4 tiers of English football? Would anyone actually do as badly as he did? Fucking shambles, man.

Had a full preseason, the summer and winter transfer windows, and close to 100M to spend. Is there a worse manager in all 4 tiers of English football? Would anyone actually do as badly as he did? Fucking shambles, man.

He was fucking crap and still is but he never had that money to spend.

Why would he bother?

He's got a nerve showing his face in public while this car crash of a season is still in progress. The relegation this season is down to him, no bones about it.

Partly down to him, mainly down to the fat cunt sailing the ship.

In the end he did an awful job, but can't summon the energy to have any bad feelings towards him tbh.

He was fucking crap and still is but he never had that money to spend.

So he had no backbone or spine, and that's also not down to him? He allowed Colo go be retrieved and played him as his captain and CB. He allowed crapheads to be signed on his watch. Which other decent manager would allow those things to happen? And lets not forget the hour-long wank sessions from his mate Steve Black.

Carried on that tradition, did he? You've not won the league since. He had another crack, of course, please tell us what tradition was the legacy of his 2nd stint..? The only things I can think of were spunking £35m on Carroll, and the t-shirts for the racist biter. If that's progress, what you at Liverpool call 'continuity', then you're welcome to it.

Your quote refers to the team he 'inherited' in 1985, the one I referred to as continuity. 

You didn't mention his second stint in your post, but  for the record  he got us to two finals and won us a trophy in his second stint. 

I wouldn't say his second time as manager was successful as far as the league goes, but he did bring Luis Suarez in whose sell on fee of 75 million more than makes up for Carrolls fee.  Oh hang on Carroll was bought from Torres's 50 million move to Chelsea.

His last league title was 1990 and nobody here expected him to do the same when he came back, we were just grateful to get rid of Hodgson.

The continuity was broken when Souness was appointed after Kenny left in 1990.

Your quote refers to the team he 'inherited' in 1985, the one I referred to as continuity. 

You didn't mention his second stint in your post, but  for the record  he got us to two finals and won us a trophy in his second stint. 

I wouldn't say his second time as manager was successful as far as the league goes, but he did bring Luis Suarez in whose sell on fee of 75 million more than makes up for Carrolls fee.  Oh hang on Carroll was bought from Torres's 50 million move to Chelsea.

His last league title was 1990 and nobody here expected him to do the same when he came back, we were just grateful to get rid of Hodgson.

'Your quote refers to the team he 'inherited' in 1985, the one I referred to as continuity.' it does, and extensively comments on his second stab as well. You've already claimed that Kenny 'more than carried on' the 'tradition' of 'taking the team forward' only now you've actually decided he didn't...

Anyway, you've picked the wrong place to argue that black is white. By all means cling onto the fantasy that Dalglish provided 'continuity' in his two managerial stints if it pleases you but we're way off topic. Maybe start a separate 'Hail! Dalglish!' thread here to see if anyone else is interested?

He certainly made a c*** of managing my club and your little caveats, weasel words and downright fantasy won't change that. I mean, you seem to think that Dalglish first left LFC in 1990; that you can't get the basics right it makes it even harder to take you seriously.

[.

'Your quote refers to the team he 'inherited' in 1985, the one I referred to as continuity.' it does, and extensively comments on his second stab as well. You've already claimed that Kenny 'more than carried on' the 'tradition' of 'taking the team forward' only now you've actually decided he didn't...

Anyway, you've picked the wrong place to argue that black is white. By all means cling onto the fantasy that Dalglish provided 'continuity' in his two managerial stints if it pleases you but we're way off topic. Maybe start a separate 'Hail! Dalglish!' thread here to see if anyone else is interested?

He certainly made a c*** of managing my club and your little caveats, weasel words and downright fantasy won't change that. I mean, you seem to think that Dalglish first left LFC in 1990; that you can't get the basics right it makes it even harder to take you seriously.

More than happy to leave it now. I didn't extensively comment on his second stint at all until you brought it up.  You seriously need to look up what continuity means.  The Souness appointment ended the LFC continuity.

Yours is the fantasy, you don't like Kenny that's fine, but don't try to re-write his history.

My apologies for joining in taking the thread off topic.

He left in February '91, you're right, sorry I was a few weeks early........