Steve McClaren

Dave

Quique Sanchez Flores? Never heard of him? I'm sure lots of people only think a manager is any good if he's got a foreign sounding name.

Quique Sanchez Flores. I call him Camilla Parker Bowles.. Not to his face. Not cos I'm scared of him

:lol:

Yeah, as bad as Gullit and Dalglish were in the 90s there was excitement and a feeling we'd appointed the right man. Souness, Roeder, Pardew etc were just never going to cut it

I'd take someone uninspiring who might actually be pretty good than someone who is exciting but ends up being s****.

Sanchez Flores isn't any better than McClaren at all, anyone suggesting otherwise clearly just going by name and nationality. If McClaren was a French coach with an identical record there'd be far more support for him on here.

If a French coach just finished 8th in the championship and got sacked, he would be booted back to France

Yeah, as bad as Gullit and Dalglish were in the 90s there was excitement and a feeling we'd appointed the right man. Souness, Roeder, Pardew etc were just never going to cut it

I'd take someone uninspiring who might actually be pretty good than someone who is exciting but ends up being s****.

Sanchez Flores isn't any better than McClaren at all, anyone suggesting otherwise clearly just going by name and nationality. If McClaren was a French coach with an identical record there'd be far more support for him on here.

If a French coach just finished 8th in the championship and got sacked, he would be booted back to France

Didn't some on here want that Gourvennec? His side finished 10th didn't they.

with a team that was expected to flirt with relegation

Yeah, same with Jémez. You can't take results on isolation without looking at the team's squad and expectations.

By the same account, I can't judge McClaren's Derby stint properly. I honestly care way too little about the C'ship to know whether Derby's squad merited better than 8th place or not.

Exactly, league position and league is irrelevant in isolation.

He has achieved higher than expected. Not failed and sacked at a team thought to be best in that league

Chronicle.

That's what I said. Well done

Well done for posting shite from the chronicle.

Amazing how many people post their shite, yet hate their reporting and writers.

If it's in the chronicle, it's undoubtedly bullshit.

He has achieved higher than expected. Not failed and sacked at a team thought to be best in that league

He's done fuck all of note in his career. On that basis we should re-hire Pardew because Palace were expected to go down.

The man got the sack because Derbys objective was to reach the playoffs,he failed!

If they thought much of him they would of at least tried to keep him and if he did go to Newcastle would of got some compensation

How is he even in the running to manage a premier league club u can gloss it up how u like he isn't good enough!!

Because people would know less about him and the unknown offers a little excitement.  But we do know about McClaren and his very mixed management record and the poor quality of football he has historically employed.

Absolutely, I was excited for both Dalglish and Gullit. Look how those turned out.

Regards to McClaren's football, did you watch much of Derby last season, or the season before?

His time at Derby is two years in a career spanning 15 years.  His other jobs have not been attacking at all.

The man got the sack because Derbys objective was to reach the playoffs,he failed!

If they thought much of him they would of at least tried to keep him and if he did go to Newcastle would of got some compensation

How is he even in the running to manage a premier league club u can gloss it up how u like he isn't good enough!!

Who said he was good enough? It was the France bullshit that I have an issue with.

Ultimately people would pick a mid-table french manager over someone who has actually won things.

It's their opinion pieces that are bullshit.

People hand pick their stories to suit an agenda.

But their 'ITK' reports are completely separate to why people hate the Chronicle, whether they're true or not. They lick the clubs' arse and people think Ryder is a total doylem, that's where it gets it's bad name.

Who said he was good enough? It was the France bullshit that I have an issue with.

Ultimately people would pick a mid-table french manager over someone who has actually won things.

Because people are smart enough to look beyond a managers record? We know what we're getting with McClaren and it's uninspiring, he isn't going to have us competing at the top end of the table and he isn't going to have us playing good football.

I'm not saying I want Gourvennec as I know fuck all about him but I can see why people would prefer him to this boring wanker.

Because people are smart enough to look beyond a managers record? We know what we're getting with McClaren and it's uninspiring, he isn't going to have us competing at the top end of the table and he isn't going to have us playing good football.

I'm not saying I want Gourvennec as I know fuck all about him but I can see why people would prefer him to this boring wanker.

Personally couldn't care less if he's boring. I can't see why someone would want a mid table french manager over someone who's done something in his career.

"Yeah but he's boring and derby". Doesn't cut it.

I wouldn't have gone for McClaren but he's the best manager we have hired since Bobby (Keegan aside).

Personally couldn't care less if he's boring. I can't see why someone would want a mid table french manager over someone who's done something in his career.

I wouldn't have gone for McClaren but he's the best manager we have hired since Bobby (Keegan aside).

Steve McClaren would not have got Gunigamp 2 promotions and then an 8th place finish which resulted in Europa league qualification though. Gourvennec did that. With a pretty average team. Why? Because he's got different approaches, he has new ideas and tactics, because he's better than Steve McClaren.

Actually it's your shit excuse that "doesn't cut it".

I'm not saying I want Gourvennec as I know f*** all about him but I can see why people would prefer him to this boring w*****.

You don't understand why people would choose the chance of good football over boring football?