Steve McClaren

Dave

A competitive war chest. :lol:

That and the fact Mclaren won't be handed jack shit, it will be a Carr.

Considering the fact we have been out spent by all other clubs in the last 2 seasons makes it a even more moronic statement

This should be fucking hilarious.

Charnley: "Well Steve if you accept our terms you will get a competitive war chest".

Schtevie: Can I ask how much that is?

Charnley: 10 million plus player sales!

http://www.theevertonforum.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/steve-mcclareb.jpg

Charnley: "Well Steve if you accept our terms you will get a competitive war chest".

You mean player sales minus ten million :yao:

You mean player sales minus ten million :yao:

Nope, it works out about 10.5 million with the pittance we'll get for our shite.

Guest ElCid

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclaren-chance-starting-new-9387107

The Magpies will also hand McClaren a competitive war chest as they look to rebuild after a near brush with relegation with a new striker and a new defender at the top of the wanted list at St James’ Park. Newcastle are yet to dot the i’s and cross the t’s on McClaren’s contract and will hold further face-to-face talks in due course.

What a load of s****

It is a total load of s*** at the first opportunity after mouthing out in front of the tv cameras, the fat c*** has proved that with the hiring of a total failure sacked twice by Championship clubs because he wasn't good enough. He will buy players on the cheap as always and hope they come through to be a success which about 10% - 15% will on a whole. Any fan who goes there this season is f***ing welcome to it and deserve everything they get from the fat lying f***er. Even an unproven ex player starting off his managerial career told the f***ers to f*** off within 5 minutes of listening to the s*** they spout. This club is a total and utter f***ing joke all the way though and will be for years to come unless for some strange reason someone actually pays the astronomical price he is asking for. This club is not my club anymore and the total f***ing bellends who still go to the match in my opinion don't give a s*** about the club and are more bothered about their social status well you're f***ing welcome to it - rant over!!!

Unless the club change the way they pay for transfers, I can't see things changing too much.  Whilst it is admirable to pay the transfer fee for a player up front, if no-one else is doing it then it puts us at a disadvantage.  For example, we could never afford to sign Lukaku like Everton because that would clear our budget in one go and we are supposed to be a in stronger position financially to Everton.

That would not be a problem if the club had managed to get us into a position where we just needed one or two signings but we constantly need to overhaul the squad and need to buy several players and when you factor in that we include wages, then £50m is not going to get you very far.

Why can't we appoint someone that would actually excite? Just for once in every.. 20 years or so. Getting someone who just got sacked from Championship club is something that you can only expect from Newcastle in Premier League.

Yeah, as bad as Gullit and Dalglish were in the 90s there was excitement and a feeling we'd appointed the right man. Souness, Roeder, Pardew etc were just never going to cut it

Guest TCD23

Why can't we appoint someone that would actually excite? Just for once in every.. 20 years or so. Getting someone who just got sacked from Championship club is something that you can only expect from Newcastle in Premier League.

Last time around we got someone who was sacked from a league one club! Maybe in five years time we'll get somebody recently sacked from a PL club.

Being just above average is the worst we could hope for. Best case scenario is a serious manager. Second best case was Carver.

If you believe in the scorched earth policy of getting Ashley out then yep, you're right. Not sure everyone failing as quickly as possible is really the answer, but then again I don't know what is.

At 17th we had him squirming on Sky TV. Had we been 11th would we have put the pressure on him?

I know what you're saying, I don't disagree really. But he squirmed on TV and then he didn't change his approach at all... or at least not by very much.

It's quite hard to muster a debate on this because I don't want Carver, don't have any feelings about McClaren and I have no idea whether relegation would make Ashley more likely to sell. Not sure I can be bothered to form opinions beyond that!

This is what I was wondering about: what is the absolute best case for hiring McClaren? For Ashley, and for the fans?

Ashley is easy - we know he wants 17th and anything above that is a bonus because of prize money based on league position, but don't place in the Euro spots.

But what is the absolute best case scenario for fans with the McClaren appointment? Even with God managing us, we're not going to place in the Champions League (things have changed since Pardew nearly snuck in re squad quality and depth). Winning more than we lose, playing good football - a 90 good minutes on a Saturday here and there - is that as good as it gets for us? If the best case is 6th-8th, are we happy with that if it means Ashley in perpetuity (with all that entails)?

Because I'm fond of what has been quaintly described as the "scorched earth" policy - McClaren rejecting us, Carver appointed, consecutive relegations, players refusing to sign for us because there's no soul or heart or even any fucking point to the club - until Ashley jacks it in and we can rebuild from wherever we find ourselves. I think that's a realistic scenario, and better than everything going perfectly for McClaren, doing the absolute best that he can...

I'm not super against this or anything, but fuck me is it uninspiring. Better than our last four or five managers but this is just boooorrriinnnggg. I was hoping for a bit of excitement. Business as usual.

I'm not super against this or anything, but f*** me is it uninspiring. Better than our last four or five managers but this is just boooorrriinnnggg. I was hoping for a bit of excitement. Business as usual.

This to be fair... it is the last thing the fans, players and city needs. I guess whats key is that he will work well in our system because he and carr are pals.

Plus we save money on having to give him a club tie..

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/67/590x/steve.gif-451916.jpg

Sack off Carver, Stone and let Woodman go to Palace.. bring in Steele, Round and Clark.

Quique Sanchez Flores? Never heard of him? I'm sure lots of people only think a manager is any good if he's got a foreign sounding name.

Quique Sanchez Flores. I call him Camilla Parker Bowles.. Not to his face. Not cos I'm scared of him

Yeah, as bad as Gullit and Dalglish were in the 90s there was excitement and a feeling we'd appointed the right man. Souness, Roeder, Pardew etc were just never going to cut it

I'd take someone uninspiring who might actually be pretty good than someone who is exciting but ends up being shite.

Sanchez Flores isn't any better than McClaren at all, anyone suggesting otherwise clearly just going by name and nationality. If McClaren was a French coach with an identical record there'd be far more support for him on here.

I'd take someone uninspiring who might actually be pretty good than someone who is exciting but ends up being s****.

Sanchez Flores isn't any better than McClaren at all, anyone suggesting otherwise clearly just going by name and nationality. If McClaren was a French coach with an identical record there'd be far more support for him on here.

Because people would know less about him and the unknown offers a little excitement.  But we do know about McClaren and his very mixed management record and the poor quality of football he has historically employed.

Flores is a keep things organized and let the guys upfront come up with something kinda manager. He's hardly a terrible manager, but nothing too exciting. People remember how he won the EL with Atlético - which was a big deal for them - but he got them nowhere near the CL spots in the league. And I'm talking a team that sported a frontline of Agüero and Forlán, easily one of the best in the continent.

I think he will be fine for Watford, though.

I'd take someone uninspiring who might actually be pretty good than someone who is exciting but ends up being s****.

Because people would know less about him and the unknown offers a little excitement.  But we do know about McClaren and his very mixed management record and the poor quality of football he has historically employed.

Absolutely, I was excited for both Dalglish and Gullit. Look how those turned out.

Regards to McClaren's football, did you watch much of Derby last season, or the season before?