Steve McClaren

Dave

Do people not believe the 'spin' that has been released by the club in order to sell season tickets like?

This is going to be the line up.

Krul

Janmaat, Matip, Coloccini, Abdennour, Haidara

Tiote, Sissoko, Colback

Thauvin, Wijnaldim, Anita, Mitrovic, de Jong, Perez, Aarons

Austin, Cisse

:itk:

FFS Colback ahead of Anita

:lol:

Colo has to be the worst captain at any club ever basically. Wants away, never speaks, crumbles under pressure, doesn't trust his teammates. Dat choice.

Michael Owen.

Owen scored a few goals with the armband. Not enough, but a few. Better contribution than Colo.

Ha ha ha! What a load of bollocks!

Do people not believe the 'spin' that has been released by the club in order to sell season tickets like?

This is going to be the line up.

Krul

Janmaat, Matip, Coloccini, Abdennour, Haidara

Tiote, Sissoko, Colback

Thauvin, Wijnaldim, Anita, Mitrovic, de Jong, Perez, Aarons

Austin, Cisse

:itk:

FFS Colback ahead of Anita

:lol:

He also left out the co-management team of Patrick Viera and Remi Garde operting out of a mobile art gallery that sits in the dugout with them.

Guest reefatoon

We need some better options in there because Anita is just as shit. The pair of them together is an absolute nightmare.

Guest reefatoon

He is really. Shows absolutely nothing, but since it's Ajax he came from and not Sunderland it gets overlooked.  Offers zero just like Colback.  It's a nightmare pairing in the middle.

Guest reefatoon

Watched that game back there before and Colback is getting slated but Anita wasn't. I thought he was just as shit and anonymous, but for some reason he always gets a pardon.  They are both as weak as piss in the middle, like to hide and treat the ball like a hot potato. would be happy to see them both replaced with much better options.

He is really. Shows absolutely nothing, but since it's Ajax he came from and not Sunderland it gets overlooked.  Offers zero just like Colback.  It's a nightmare pairing in the middle.

They might offer nothing when paired together in the same lineup. They do contribute far more with different players around them though. Especially Anita who can move the ball quicker in midfield than anyone else in our squad.

Personally think Anita is a bit of a nothing player. Think he switches off too often, both on and off the ball. His first touch isn't great and his passing is average. Just a bang average footballer, with the added disadvantage of being tiny in a Premier League midfield.

Personally think Anita is a bit of a nothing player. Think he switches off too often, both on and off the ball. His first touch isn't great and his passing is average. Just a bang average footballer, with the added disadvantage of being tiny in a Premier League midfield.

David Silva, Santi Cazorla, Aaron Lennon, Nathan Dyer, Leon Britton, Joe Allen - they've all proved to be very capable at this level. I don't buy into the argument that you can be 'too small', certainly as a midfielder.

Personally I think Anita's development has been completely crippled under our previous set up. He won titles with Ajax, playing a certain brand of football - if he'd joined Swansea for instance, he'd have fitted in seamlessly to their midfield. He's been grossly misused under Pardew and then Carver.

You can see that many of our players have been fucked by the brand of coaching Pardew and his idiots employed. They've lost many of their instincts over the past few years in favor of booting it deep or passing it back to the goalie or standing still and not creating any space through simple movement.

Guest reefatoon

I didn't see that game but I can honestly say I've never seen Anita treat the ball like a hot f***ing potato

Try watching him play then, it might help.

Anita is an odd player. He can have games where he looks class but is poor most of the time

It's almost as though there's potential there that could be realised with good coaching.

You can see that many of our players have been fucked by the brand of coaching Pardew and his idiots employed. They've lost many of their instincts over the past few years in favor of booting it deep or passing it back to the goalie or standing still and not creating any space through simple movement.

I remember the Swansea game (2-3) after Abeid came on, he had the ball about the halfway line and ended up passing it backwards and the crowd got restless - he was visibly moving his arms in different directions, encouraging the rest of the team to give him options and they were just completely static. They're simple things in football we've been getting wrong for years now.

It really is going to take a while to get that right. That's Pardew, and his 'coaching' set ups legacy here.

I didn't see that game but I can honestly say I've never seen Anita treat the ball like a hot f***ing potato

Get to fuck man. He looks to move the ball quickly once he receives it, that's how he was coached at Ajax and is a very different thing to treating it like a hot potato.

I'll concede that being pressed heavily by the opposition midfield with poor options to pass to is absolutely not his thing.

Get to fuck man. He looks to move the ball quickly once he receives it, that's how he was coached at Ajax and is a very different thing to treating it like a hot potato.

I'll concede that being pressed heavily by the opposition midfield with poor options to pass to is absolutely not his thing.

:thup:

Guest reefatoon

He offers nothing and is a waste of a shirt if we have to play other players around him to do all the work. It's not as if any of his passes are incisive, they are all "get shot to the nearest person as quick as possible" and that doesn't work with 2 in the middle.  Needs to offer so much more and he doesn't. Needs replaced with better.

He offers nothing and is a waste of a shirt if we have to play other players around him to do all the work. It's not as if any of his passes are incisive, they are all "get shot to the nearest person as quick as possible" and that doesn't work with 2 in the middle.  Needs to offer so much more and he doesn't. Needs replaced with better.

Arguably most of our squad need 'replaced with better' but under the right coaching set up, I see a hell of a lot more potential improvement in Anita than the likes of Williamson, Gouffran, Riviere etc