Steve McClaren

Dave

It's the same s*** every time. I can handle the fact he can't keep up with the topics of discussion but implying and projecting an endorsement of Taylor or Williamson because I, along with pretty much everyone else, think Coloccini's a s*** captain. The lad must hear voices or something.

Can't you answer a simple question? I asked who at present is an alternative to Coloccini assuming that Taylor and Williamson would be the natural alternatives. If you've got someone else in mind then go ahead and enlighten us. I suppose there's the right back turned centre back Dummett but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable giving him the job on a long term basis.

Nearly, but it's not quite right.

no matter how much i f*** around with personnel and formations i just can't get anything that suits, best i can come up with atm is this with the width having to come from jamaat & haidara, plus sissoko and wijnaldum using their pace and power to make runs into the channels:

mitrovic

de jong              cabella

wijnaldum    anita    sissoko

This with Perez over Cabella.

I love how totally confused and befuddled we are at having even the slightest hint of squad depth :lol:

What's this? Something other than total and utter s*** on the bench? I don't get it!

:lol:

It's not September yet. Plenty of time to get rid of decent players while sticking with the shite.

no matter how much i f*** around with personnel and formations i just can't get anything that suits, best i can come up with atm is this with the width having to come from jamaat & haidara, plus sissoko and wijnaldum using their pace and power to make runs into the channels:

mitrovic

keep forgetting fucking perez for some reason, doing my head in :lol:

tbh when de jong loses another internal organ that'll look good with perez in his spot and cabella on the right

Based on not much at all:

Striker      Perez

De Jong

Wilnaldjum      Sissoko

Tiote

Striker      Perez

De Jong

Wilnaldjum      Sissoko

Tiote

I like the idea of a diamond with what we have at the moment, as we don't really have any good wingers.

Not sure McClaren has ever played that way though. Genuinely no idea.

Also cast Tiote out of that lineup please.

Striker      Perez

De Jong

Wilnaldjum      Sissoko

Tiote

I like the idea of a diamond with what we have at the moment, as we don't really have any good wingers.

This formation relies heavily on the wingbacks tearing up and down both attacking and defending. would love to see it!

Janmaat and Haidara are pretty good going forward, we've been historically far too easy to play through (circa 2-3 years) and we haven't got any natural width in midfield (from what the current bunch have shown me)... so the diamond makes sense for me.

Still a CB or two, and a striker away from being a passable starting XI in the Premiership - and a few more players from being a decent squad.

The league is shite though, so maybe I'm talking balls.

Alot depends on the opposition. If we are away at City or Chelsea I wouldn't line up the same as in a home game.

We don't want to change our team for the opposition like Pardew but we also have to be realistic.

Striker      Perez

De Jong

Wilnaldjum      Sissoko

Tiote

This formation relies heavily on the wingbacks tearing up and down both attacking and defending. would love to see it!

It would be interesting to see if McClaren favours that system. With our plethora of wingers who cut inside or can't cross for shit, it might be the best option. Or we could sign a real winger.

Alot depends on the opposition. If we are away at City or Chelsea I wouldn't line up the same as in a home game.

We don't want to change our team for the opposition like Pardew but we also have to be realistic.

The whole point of having a squad is so that you can change your team/formation depending on a number of factors, one of them being the strengths of the opposition.

I think McClaren will go 4-3-3

with something like

Mitrovic

Cabella    De Jong    Wijnaldum

Sissoko      Tiote

for mid/attack

It will all depend on if/who we get in at the back IMO.  Bring in or try and get a really solid CB partnership going and I think he might go something like

Striker

Rolando/Perez  De Jong  Cabella

Sissoko        Wijnaldum

Otherwise he will have to find space for Tiote/Colback

mitrovic

keep forgetting fucking perez for some reason, doing my head in :lol:

tbh when de jong loses another internal organ that'll look good with perez in his spot and cabella on the right

Were you too drunk to remember.  :scared:

I think McClaren will put Sissoko wide, for some reason. Wijnaldum and Colback/Tiote :anguish: in the middle, with de Jong ahead. Leaving Cabella, Aarons & Perez to fight it out for left wing. If we sign Mitrovic, I'd still be starting Cisse ahead of him.

Really, really hope not. Looking forward to watching Sissoko under proper management.

Team and formation should not be changed. You just have a more defensive approach. For example  our rb & lb should not support attack so much and keep a DM home when attacking etc.

Bascially rely on counter attack - hit them on the break.

Imo we should keep formation and players for every game.

Do people not believe the 'spin' that has been released by the club in order to sell season tickets like?

This is going to be the line up.

Krul

Janmaat, Matip, Coloccini, Abdennour, Haidara

Tiote, Sissoko, Colback

Thauvin, Wijnaldim, Anita, Mitrovic, de Jong, Perez, Aarons

Austin, Cisse

:itk: