Steve McClaren

Dave

Whoever we get, I hope they try to do the best they can irrespective of what they pledge to Ashley to get the job. Unlike that prick Pardew. And if that means they walk out when they're inevitably shit on from above, all the better. It's about time people stopped accepting this wanker's 'conditions'.

:thup: on the money as usual.

just doesn't happen in life lads, never mind in football - there are only 20 jobs managing in the PL, people will fall over themselves for the chance and eat their spoon of shit with sugar on top while they do it

As it stands, there's a genuine chance this lot might not even make the play-offs. :lol:

They play Reading at home in their last game so they should be OK.

EDIT: 1 point will be enough. Boro v Derby in the play-offs on the cards.

As it stands, there's a genuine chance this lot might not even make the play-offs. :lol:

As it stands there's a good chance McClaren would turn us down anyway - we're a shambles.

I hope so. It'd be great if the whole football community started telling Ashley to fuck off.

You'd love him; honestly. Talks the talk and walks the walk; he'd make NUFC a team to be proud of being a fan, again. I guess the fact that he's kept Rayo up comfortably with zero money makes it a decent shout as an Ashley appointment. He has a very strong personality though, he's not as servile as Pardew or Carver.

I doubt a 'strong personality' is what Ashley wants. Sadly he will have very strict guidelines for what he expects from a head coach. The Ashleyout campaign certainly won't encourage him to take on anybody other than a yes man type.

It's Sunday morning and I'm slightly hungover, so I'm going to go on a Jémez quote-a-thon.

"The essence of it all is that you have to give people a spectacle. This happens in theater, opera and football. What happens is that in football since there's a scoreboard it feels like it doesn't matter how you play. I know it's silly for a manager to say that - I live by my results, if those aren't good I lose my job. But you have to empower the player to do what he's there to do: to play good football."

"I don't want to see my team playing with their backs to the goal. I suffer when that happens. As a manager I want to enjoy seeing my team play. I have enough of a bad time sitting on the bench to also see that my team doesn't play the ball. And I want to see people having a good time. Winning 1-0, through a pen, I don't want that. I don't want to win at any price. I know it's a risky way to see things."

"We do put a lot of importance on defending. But there's lots of ways to do that. You can defend in your box or in midfield, which comes with some risks. When we sat down and decided what we wanted to do with Rayo, we thought that if we shat our pants, we would have no chance. If we played with our backs to goal, waiting for a corner or a free kick to come our way, we would have gone straight to the second division. So we decided to try and go the distance with our rivals, and try to hit them so hard that they couldn't get back up."

These cunts have their heart set on McClaren. Steve fucking McClaren. Months of "shortlists", links to some of he most exciting young, up and coming coaches in Europe and they finally set their sights on Steve fucking McClaren because Carr apparently knows him. What a load of wank.

What player in his right mind is gunna wanna come here in summer? How the fuck can Steve fucking McClaren be any sort of selling point? Charnley, McClaren and Carr trying to entice Europes unpolished diamonds? Fuck me, it'd be like three weird old men trying to entice young lads into the local bogs with the promise of puppies. "Come here lad, there's a chance you might get fucked over but we'll make it worth your while". It's not like the can even promise a passionate fan base anymore - they've ripped the soul out of it themselves.

The whole thing is a fucking joke. A Tuchel, a Garde or even this Jemez might have been a cherry to offer, with Steve McClaren though all were offering is a stale, crusty, white dog shit.

"We have to believe we can beat Real Madrid. Myself, I dreamt that we gave them a pasting, and I hope that the dream becomes reality. There are things that are possible, it doesn't matter if you're dreaming or awake."

"In football, craziness and disruption. Our leftbacks uptop, our midfielders playing as strikers, being a little crazy has made us different and has won us games."

"Some teams may win games playing with their backs to the goal, Rayo doesn't."

Could do this all day, really. I probably will.

"We have to believe we can beat Real Madrid. Myself, I dreamt that we gave them a pasting, and I hope that the dream becomes reality. There are things that are possible, it doesn't matter if you're dreaming or awake."

"In football, craziness and disruption. Our leftbacks uptop, our midfielders playing as strikers, being a little crazy has made us different and has won us games."

"Some teams may win games playing with their backs to the goal, Rayo doesn't."

Could do this all day, really. I probably will.

Sounds like pardew.

On not taking shit from above, best if Ashley doesn't see those.

"One thing has to be clear, if I am to manage this team, I'm the one setting the terms. It's not going to be the president, the director of football, or the administrator. Absolutely nobody but me."

"Maybe they don't mind losing their manager. Even if that's not the case, they have been working hard to lose him."