Steve McClaren

Dave

Lots of people on here seem happy with our purported progress under McClaren. I'm not happy that we are second bottom, still have a shocking defence and are heading for at best a glorious escape from getting relegated. I'm not happy that he selects Elliot, Colo, Dummett (at LB), Colback, Tiote, Anita, Gouffran, Obertan etc. I'm not happy that we are relying on two unproven strikers who don't score in the league when we need them to, and are at best seriously overrated on here and at worst just pretty shit.

Ashley has done a fantastic job when apparently most people on here seem to think that this is any way acceptable. No it's fucking not.

Mostly blameless for yesterday, especially since he didn't want Colo.

I'm not sure if we managed 20 attempts total in the first six games. That was our worst result of the season, but maybe best just to forget about it. Stick the ref's face on a dartboard, give all the lads a turn, and move on.

CSL0wplWcAErbCT.png

(pink is the goals. The bigger the box, the better the chance)

Steve McClaren Odds on to go next, Come on Shteeve fuck off and do us all a favour.

Yep. Tactics Tim is available now [emoji38]

Pardew to Carver to McLaren to Sherwood. 

Fuck my life.

One thing is for sure if McClaren did go it would likely be another Englishman off the merry go round of shit for us.

Mind you, I couldn't see Charnley surviving this time though so perhaps not.

Steve McClaren Odds on to go next, Come on Shteeve fuck off and do us all a favour.

Fuck my life.

One thing is for sure if McClaren did go it would likely be another Englishman off the merry go round of shit for us.

Need a clear out from top to bottom.  Carr, Charnley, McLaren, everyone.  Fat chance the fat one will go too but never mind.

Judge me after 10 games :lol:

Fuck my life.

Need a clear out from top to bottom.  Carr, Charnley, McLaren, everyone.  Fat chance the fat one will go too but never mind.

Judge me after 10 games [emoji38]

Weighed and measured.

I don't think he will walk after that, he's as angry as us over what happened and I think he had us set out very well, Christ we were battering them at times with only 10 men still had we had 11 still was only a matter of time before we scored. The ref fucked us and him basically.

The big Norwich win came after the big City defeat, so I think we'll be okay in terms of not changing the set up.

Of our results so far, the Watford and mackems ones are the standout bad ones. The first was without Mitro and the second was referee powered. With 13 shots a game in our last five, we've clearly got a functioning attack now, but we still concede far too many and need new personnel. Just a hope but Mbabu back at LB and Dummett for Colo at CB might be worth a go next time.

Baffled as to why people would be happy to see him go.

Two of the last three seasons we've deserved to be relegated. Cowardly football, hoofball tactics and a complete cunt of a manager - throw in a painfully mediocre 10th place finish in the middle with the same awful football and some of you think McClaren could just come in and transform the attitudes, abilities and playing style of this team so quickly?

For the first time in years, we DON'T deserve to be where we are, we're playing far better than the league table suggests and if we continue playing like this, we'll be absolutely fine. Things will come good and I genuinely think McClaren could do well here.

2-0 down and down to 10 men yesterday and McClaren threw on Thauvin for Dummett, they're the sorts of things we complained endlessly that we wanted Pardew to do - granted he said judge him after 10-12 games, but every time I've seen us (perhaps Swansea aside) there have been an awful lot of positives and a LOT of the tactical changes we wanted to see under Pardew. Yes he's still playing the useless Colback, but fitting Mitrovic and Perez in the same team was a good decision, and playing on the deck will pay dividends eventually. Yes, it's not the appointment we wanted but just cast your minds back to where we've been the last few years. Williamson hoofing the ball up to Perez, isolated up front on his own with Gouffran for support.

I think it's far too early to write McClaren off, like I said it's bad news we've been in the bottom three all season but things will take time. We've gone toe-to-toe with Man United, Arsenal, Man City (for 45 minutes anyway...) and (albeit a poor looking) Chelsea and gone at them rather than setting up to try and NOT lose like Pardew did against lesser opposition. That's incredibly refreshing and admirable.

Anyone calling for his head this early better not be those who resent the media for claiming we're 'deluded' and 'demand success' - don't we just demand a team that tries? Because as far as I can tell, we've actually got one of those and have been genuinely unlucky so far this season.

Two of the last three seasons we've deserved to be relegated. Cowardly football, hoofball tactics and a complete cunt of a manager - throw in a painfully mediocre 10th place finish in the middle with the same awful football and some of you think McClaren could just come in and transform the attitudes, abilities and playing style of this team so quickly?

For the first time in years, we DON'T deserve to be where we are, we're playing far better than the league table suggests and if we continue playing like this, we'll be absolutely fine. Things will come good and I genuinely think McClaren could do well here.

2-0 down and down to 10 men yesterday and McClaren threw on Thauvin for Dummett, they're the sorts of things we complained endlessly that we wanted Pardew to do - granted he said judge him after 10-12 games, but every time I've seen us (perhaps Swansea aside) there have been an awful lot of positives and a LOT of the tactical changes we wanted to see under Pardew. Yes he's still playing the useless Colback, but fitting Mitrovic and Perez in the same team was a good decision, and playing on the deck will pay dividends eventually. Yes, it's not the appointment we wanted but just cast your minds back to where we've been the last few years. Williamson hoofing the ball up to Perez, isolated up front on his own with Gouffran for support.

I think it's far too early to write McClaren off, like I said it's bad news we've been in the bottom three all season but things will take time. We've gone toe-to-toe with Man United, Arsenal, Man City (for 45 minutes anyway...) and (albeit a poor looking) Chelsea and gone at them rather than setting up to try and NOT lose like Pardew did against lesser opposition. That's incredibly refreshing and admirable.

Anyone calling for his head this early better not be those who resent the media for claiming we're 'deluded' and 'demand success' - don't we just demand a team that tries? Because as far as I can tell, we've actually got one of those and have been genuinely unlucky so far this season.

Really?

I think we've seen what McLaren's about and I like him a lot more than Pardew but he's still not good enough for us. Never has been and never will be.

I'm not too arsed tbh now though; our squad's absolutely fucked.

:thup: Yesterday the only team playing football were cheated out of the game. Have seen some evidence of improvement over the last couple of games.

He's not going to achieve much with us, but no manager will under this regime, that's just the way it is. He's the best we're going to get tbh- and so far I like his attempts to get us playing some decent 'ball; he knows how to build a system around the likes of Janmaat, Wijnaldum etc.

He won't ever have a 'squad' to work with, it will be a decent 11 with a couple of ok subs but otherwise the remaining will be utter bile like Gouffran, Williamson etc.

Really?

I think we've seen what McLaren's about and I like him a lot more than Pardew but he's still not good enough for us. Never has been and never will be.

Yeah, really.

Under this owner we're not going to be able to go out and attract a big name manager, nor would any come to us with the set up we operate under. I've said it before but McClaren is the best we could hope for. Of course that doesn't make it OK but if we can carrying on TRYING to play football then it's far better than anything served up over the last few years.

I'm aware it's total apathy and acceptance of this regime but for christ sake, what else can I do? Anyone who's successfully managed to walk away, I applaud you. I'm not even a Geordie, maybe that's why? I don't feel any less of a fan but maybe there's something I just don't get?

I'd rather stick with him coz there are positives. Unlike with Pardew, the negatives far outweighed the positive.

Tell me who the fuck can Ashley genuinely appoint that would please those who want McClaren out?

Really?

Yeah, really.

Under this owner we're not going to be able to go out and attract a big name manager, not would any come to us with the set up we operate under. I've said it before but McClaren is the best we could hope for. Of course that doesn't make it OK but if we can carrying on TRYING to play football then it's far better than anything served up over the last few years.

I'm aware it's total apathy and acceptance of this regime but for christ sake, what else can I do? Anyone who's successfully managed to walk away, I applaud you. I'm not even a Geordie, maybe that's why? I don't feel any less of a fan but maybe there's something I just don't get?

Just accept our lot then, don't try and force a change. Fair enough.

I'd rather stick with him coz there are positives. Unlike with Pardew, the negatives far outweighed the positive.

Tell me who the fuck can Ashley genuinely appoint that would please those who want McClaren out?

You mean like Remy Garde who wanted to come here?

Garde might go to Villa and turn out to be shite, but he was a far more inspiring choice than McLaren and we fucked him off for being too foreign.

Really?

Yeah, really.

Under this owner we're not going to be able to go out and attract a big name manager, not would any come to us with the set up we operate under. I've said it before but McClaren is the best we could hope for. Of course that doesn't make it OK but if we can carrying on TRYING to play football then it's far better than anything served up over the last few years.

Just accept our lot then, don't try and force a change. Fair enough.

You can't FORCE a buyer to come up with hundreds of million pounds to buy a football club, man.

Even if we FORCED Ashley to admit defeat and sell up, what then? To successfully sell something, you need a willing buyer...